Recalled/Assigned: 2/2 Tennyson

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Wonder if they will recall a forward since one would assume Torres going back to LTIR. Who has looked the best in Worcester lately?

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
Wonder if they will recall a forward since one would assume Torres going back to LTIR. Who has looked the best in Worcester lately?

Can they fit under the cap though? I'm totally perplexed by this actually I thought we wouldn't be able to bring Stuart back? Unfortunately capgeek doesn't let you do rosters from this year now that the trade deadline is passed and I don't feel like manually calculating it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Can they fit under the cap though? I'm totally perplexed by this actually I thought we wouldn't be able to bring Stuart back? Unfortunately capgeek doesn't let you do rosters from this year now that the trade deadline is passed and I don't feel like manually calculating it.

If Torres goes back to LTIR which seems to be the prevailing opinion, yes. Torres has been out since March 8th against Montreal so he's already missed 7 games and will only need to miss through the Edmonton game on April Fool's Day to meet the minimum requirements of time missed before he's eligible to come back.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm actually really hoping that Tennyson getting to practice up here with the big guys helped him out. He spent a long time not playing though.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
If Torres goes back to LTIR which seems to be the prevailing opinion, yes. Torres has been out since March 8th against Montreal so he's already missed 7 games and will only need to miss through the Edmonton game on April Fool's Day to meet the minimum requirements of time missed before he's eligible to come back.

Why does it even mater when he can comeback since their is no cap room to bring him back. I'm guess there is a very good chance the Sharks might to leave him on LTIR for the rest of the regular season. Then hopefully he will be good to go come playoffs.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why does it even mater when he can comeback since their is no cap room to bring him back. I'm guess there is a very good chance the Sharks might to leave him on LTIR for the rest of the regular season. Then hopefully he will be good to go come playoffs.

It matters in case someone else gets hurt and it matters also if you want to play him before the playoffs since your scenario is having Torres be thrown in after missing a month of action which probably isn't the best way to go.

He will probably be activated after that point for someone else.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA

I think they would be forced to do this.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
I meant keep Torres on LTIR until the beginning of the playoffs if someone else didn't get waived or put on LTIR themselves.

Oh ya, I agree. There really isn't much else they can do, and keeping Torres out 3 more weeks might not be the worst thing if they want him to last through a long playoff push.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Oh ya, I agree. There really isn't much else they can do, and keeping Torres out 3 more weeks might not be the worst thing if they want him to last through a long playoff push.

I wouldn't like his chances at being effective for a long playoff push if he's out until the playoffs.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I wouldn't like his chances at being effective for a long playoff push if he's out until the playoffs.

To be fair, Torres had 3 goals in his first 2 games back from a much longer layoff ;)

I think the Sharks are counting on Havlat getting hurt anyday now and put him on LTIR but Havlat won't and Torres will be stuck on LTIR for the rest of the year. Damn it Havlat :sarcasm:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
To be fair, Torres had 3 goals in his first 2 games back from a much longer layoff ;)

I think the Sharks are counting on Havlat getting hurt anyday now and put him on LTIR but Havlat won't and Torres will be stuck on LTIR for the rest of the year. Damn it Havlat :sarcasm:

To be fair as well, Torres didn't look that good doing it either. He was in the right place at the right time but it's tougher to do that in the playoffs as opposed to playing five non-conference opponents.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
To be fair as well, Torres didn't look that good doing it either. He was in the right place at the right time but it's tougher to do that in the playoffs as opposed to playing five non-conference opponents.

Well, to be fair as well..... the Sharks don't exactly light up non-playoff teams lately :sarcasm: I mean, we lost both games the last time we were in Alberta for ***** sake!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad