Recalled/Assigned: 2/2 Tennyson

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
I really hope he plays. I want to see his progression. Is he ready for the big show? Could he be a potential Boyle replacement next season? So many questions can he answered if he gets some playing time.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I believe Tennyson has been re-called (guess we should find out shortly) and if he has it complicates the cap issue in the short term a bit more.

Edit: Confirmation

David Pollak @PollakOnSharks
Tennyson has made short trip to PHL from WOR as d-man insurance/replacement for injured #SJShark Stuart.

Last edited:

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011
Either Stuart is going on LTIR or they're not ready to activate Torres (or Couture, but likely Torres).

Kevy D

Sep 29, 2009
Moon Base
What type of player is Tennyson projected to be? What other players, doesn't have to be a Shark, would you say he's comparable to?
:help:

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
What type of player is Tennyson projected to be? What other players, doesn't have to be a Shark, would you say he's comparable to?

SCOUTING REPORT
Assets: Owns an excellent point shot, which he uses to create a lot of offensive chances in all situations. Also has good size for the blueline position.
Flaws: Doesn't have enough of a physical element to his game, which can limit his overall effectiveness at the National Hockey League level.
Career Potential: Offensive defenseman with upside.

/lazy

^ that's a pretty good summary. Most around here you'll notice wish the coaching staff would give him some playing time and suspect that he'd be better than some of our current D. But at the same time, it hurts him that he's a righty since that side is harder to crack on this team (with Braun, Boyle and Demers playing well/being Dan Boyle). If he were a lefty he probably would have had a better shot this year/right now since that's the weak side of our D (with the exception of Vlasic who is amazing of course :D).

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

He's a great skating good puck moving d-man w/ a good offensive game - the problem is he's taken a very big step backwards in his development this year and hasn't even really been a good top 4 d-man in the AHL, though he has had good stretches.

Some will say it's due to Sommer and I gues some of it can be attributed to him but his coverage and decision making have been bad pretty often this season and that's 100% on him. Hopefully he can turn it around because his upside is probably #5 d-man with good offense and the ability to QB a PP unit.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He's a great skating good puck moving d-man w/ a good offensive game - the problem is he's taken a very big step backwards in his development this year and hasn't even really been a good top 4 d-man in the AHL, though he has had good stretches.

Some will say it's due to Sommer and I gues some of it can be attributed to him but his coverage and decision making have been bad pretty often this season and that's 100% on him. Hopefully he can turn it around because his upside is probably #5 d-man with good offense and the ability to QB a PP unit.

Good assessment.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

I remember hearing something about him being disappointed about being in the AHL to start the year.

You know what...this is your opportunity. Force TMac to keep you in the lineup. Grab the bull by the horns.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I remember hearing something about him being disappointed about being in the AHL to start the year.

You know what...this is your opportunity. Force TMac to keep you in the lineup. Grab the bull by the horns.

I remember hearing that he was disappointing in training camp so he didn't exactly help himself out back then.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I remember hearing that he was disappointing in training camp so he didn't exactly help himself out back then.

He wasn't good in training camp minus 1 game and I had also heard he was 'pouting' when went back to Worcester.

Unless there's another injury he's probably only here as insurance and isn't too likely to see ice time.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
How so? He's struggling in the AHL and is barely NHL caliber yet. I think they would be worse off.

It is too bad he regressed this year, he looked good in the preseason game I watched him in at the Tank. I had high hopes for him slotting in ahead of Irwin at some point.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
It is too bad he regressed this year, he looked good in the preseason game I watched him in at the Tank. I had high hopes for him slotting in ahead of Irwin at some point.

Irwin is a left D, Tennyson is a right...he won't be replacing Irwin (or Stuart or Hannan). I actually thought there was a chance he could bypass Demers prior to this season but Demers has been mostly good and Tennyson hasn't been.

Hopefully he's just having a down year because he has a lot of good tools.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I wonder if they try pairing Irwin and Tennyson together. They played together in college right?

No, they didn't even go to the same school. You're thinking of Braun and Irwin and they played together a bit at college.

Who do you sit to put Tennyson in the lineup?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
No, they didn't even go to the same school. You're thinking of Braun and Irwin and they played together a bit at college.

Who do you sit to put Tennyson in the lineup?

Woops my bad. I actually meant in practice,I dont know why I didn't say that. I really wouldn't sit any of the RDs for him so I would guess they try him as LD at practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad