HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CUVr8g8WsAAk8A8.jpg:large

grant_g_leaf_fans_64011.jpeg

15-tuuka-rask.jpg

Tonight's Officials
Referees Francois St. Laurent (38), Tom Kowal (32)
Linesmen Matt MacPherson (83), Michel Cormier (76)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

TONIGHT’S GAME

- The Bruins host the Maple Leafs tonight in the 4th of 5 games between these teams this season and the 3rd and final of the year at TD Garden … The Bruins are 26-18-5 overall and are 11-13-2 on home ice … They are 12-6-1 vs. Atlantic Division teams and are 21-10-2 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are playing their 13th of 18 games this season vs. an Original Six opponent and they are currently 8-4-0 in the previous 12 contests.

LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Maple Leafs are meeting for the 661st time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 294-258-98-10 record and 1,959-1,950 scoring edge in those games.

- The Bruins are 183-96-47-4 in their 330 home games of this lifetime series with a 1,082-874 scoring advantage in those contests.

- The Bruins are 5-1-1 in their last 7 games vs. the Maple Leafs and are 16-3-3 in their last 22 games overall vs. Toronto … They have won all 3 of this season’s series so far with a 2-0 win in Boston on Nov. 21, 4-3 shootout win in Toronto on Nov. 23 and 3-2 victory in Boston on Jan. 16 … They are 9-1-2 in their last 12 home games vs. the Maple Leafs with a 15-2-2 mark in their last 18 games vs. Toronto in Boston.

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1454372637000

Last edited:

HubOfHockey77

Feb 23, 2014
Boston
Hoping to see Spooner back at 3C.

Would love to see 39-51-88 get a real look, think they could do some damage similar to last season with Lucic.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
@CSNEE
"Jonas Gustavsson placed on IR; Subban and Pastrnak called up"

Before people hyperventilate over this, according to Sweeney, Goose just needs to go through some kind of final clearance, which they'll get tomorrow. He actually skated with McQuaid. My guess is that they wanted a second goalie for Monday's practice (makes sense - should be an "all hands on deck except Bergy" practice to whip everyone back into shape), and/or that they're planning on playing Rask Tuesday and it really won't matter in that case if Subban or Gustavsson is the backup.

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
Going to be an interesting month. I hope this team either turns it up or shows their true colors and sucks the big one. I just want the organization to have a definitive direction. Such a log jam of mediocre teams right now.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Julien moved Spooner back to the middle in Monday’s practice at TD Garden, putting him on the third line between Matt Beleskey and Jimmy Hayes. Eriksson practiced as the No. 2 left wing alongside David Krejci and David Pastrnak. Joonas Kemppainen served as a placeholder for Patrice Bergeron, who was given the day off after returning from the All-Star Game, on the first line between Brad Marchand and Brett Connolly.

Once Bergeron replaces Kemppainen Tuesday, Julien hopes the lines will be good to go, not just against Toronto, but for a few more games after that.

“I’d like to stabilize it a little bit,†Julien said. “There’s no set lines or anything, ever. You’ve seen that in the past where I’ve had to move players, even when we’ve had set lines.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...second-half/0vAEBOoJefbiHLzrwNX9VP/story.html

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The next 3 games are must win games and will go a long way to determine which way the Bruins go PO wise. If we squander to many points here we're done.

If we can collect all 6 points it will greatly improve the odds, meaning we only have to play for a ,550 winning percentage to achieve 96 points which is below what we have done so far this season at ,581.

If we continue at that ,581 pace we end up with 95 points which may or may not be enough. It may be enough this season but it will likely mean your playing the Caps 1st round which would be an awful match up for us.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I like the girl sitting by herself who put on the jersey for overtime. She looked like she enjoyed the Leafs losing.

This is one of my all-time favorite YouTube videos. It's pretty obvious when you watch both girls that they are smarter than the guys. They seem cautiously optimistic when TOR leads by 3, but when it gets to 4-3, they are both like uh-oh, been down this road before.

After the OT goal, I'm not sure I would say the girl in the jersey was happy the Leafs lost, but she certainly didn't look surprised. It was more like, "Yup...knew it" :laugh:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The next 3 games are must win games and will go a long way to determine which way the Bruins go PO wise. If we squander to many points here we're done.

If we can collect all 6 points it will greatly improve the odds, meaning we only have to play for a ,550 winning percentage to achieve 96 points which is below what we have done so far this season at ,581.

If we continue at that ,581 pace we end up with 95 points which may or may not be enough. It may be enough this season but it will likely mean your playing the Caps 1st round which would be an awful match up for us.

Amazing how many must win games B's have had this season.

HubOfHockey77

Feb 23, 2014
Boston
Like seeing Spooner back on the 3rd line.....it makes the team that much better and guys like Belesky / Hayes are relevant again.

I think Pastrnak should be playing with Spooner.

I know it causes problems elsewhere because Hayes isn't fit to play with Krejci, but 39-51-88 would be a very productive line.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I was in a leaf filled bar...The reaction at the end of the video is exactly the same. All walking away with tail between legs. It was awesome.:nod:

my wife and I will never forget Bergy's game tying goal, but for completely different reasons. I was upstairs watching the game and she went downstairs to watch something else on tv as she didn't want to watch the game anymore as I was clearly grumpy about the Leafs winning the game.

When Bergy scored I yelled so loud she must have thought I was being murdered. She ran up the stairs with a look of panic on her face only to see me jumping around celebrating.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Amazing how many must win games B's have had this season.

I get the sentiment, but I also saw this a lot last season when people said games were must win and people brushed it off, look how that turned out.

The Bruins need to win the games they should win and need to be competitive in every game. You can sure bet every game is a must win game to the players. Or at least you'd hope...

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Julien moved Spooner back to the middle in Monday’s practice at TD Garden, putting him on the third line between Matt Beleskey and Jimmy Hayes. Eriksson practiced as the No. 2 left wing alongside David Krejci and David Pastrnak. Joonas Kemppainen served as a placeholder for Patrice Bergeron, who was given the day off after returning from the All-Star Game, on the first line between Brad Marchand and Brett Connolly.

Once Bergeron replaces Kemppainen Tuesday, Julien hopes the lines will be good to go, not just against Toronto, but for a few more games after that.

“I’d like to stabilize it a little bit,†Julien said. “There’s no set lines or anything, ever. You’ve seen that in the past where I’ve had to move players, even when we’ve had set lines.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...second-half/0vAEBOoJefbiHLzrwNX9VP/story.html

That sounds good to me!

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Eriksson-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Rinaldo-Talbot-Ferraro

with Kempainen and Randell as extras, and Vatrano waiting in the wings.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

my wife and I will never forget Bergy's game tying goal, but for completely different reasons. I was upstairs watching the game and she went downstairs to watch something else on tv as she didn't want to watch the game anymore as I was clearly grumpy about the Leafs winning the game.

When Bergy scored I yelled so loud she must have thought I was being murdered. She ran up the stairs with a look of panic on her face only to see me jumping around celebrating.

It was an amazing game. There were a bunch of Leaf fans sitting next to us. When the B's went down 4-1 with 10 min. left in the game they asked us if we wanted to leave.....We said No...we always stay to the end....

We were telling the Leaf fans "Congrats" as we thought there was no way the B's could come back..(.even though Looch was yelling "come on...we can get this back...Let's go"....)

I felt kinda bad for the Toronto fans next to us...but not THAT bad as we were so psyched. We listened to that call "Bergeron...Bergeron !!!" on the radio on the way home from the game so many times.:D

As I always say the Leaf fans are always cool . They know their hockey and are friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad