GDT: 2/19/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Toronto VS Tampa Bay

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
They owned us last season (we lost all four games) and Scrivens is red hot but nonetheless this should be a winnable game.

According to NHL.com Gunnarson is out for the Leafs with a hip injury - although he played last night.

He's healthy. He returned from the injury last night. It'll either be him or Liles in the lineup tonight.

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
If we are going to be seeing a lot more of these guys (read NE division) after re-alignment, we better toughen up and learn to exhibit additional physicality. Forechecking would be helpful. Drive the net. Shoot. Solidify transitions.

I am hoping for a competitive game tonight. Would like to see if the practice they got in will pay off in any way. Let's hope so.

Takin' mom to the game tonight, she is super excited.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Come on.... Crabby needs a new pair of shoes!

Scrivens has been lights out lately. Should be close.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Nice to see another former Torontonian ripping Leafs fans! GO BOLTS!!!

Personally I don't hate the Leafs but because of their fans, I can't even cheer for them as my second team. I just don't get the unwarranted arrogance.

I'm from Toronto myself and will never cheer for the Leafs, they have always been one of my least favorite teams. That said, I do like how Carlyle dresses all of their tough guys no matter who they're playing. It has definitely added confidence to that lineup.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
I'm from Toronto myself and will never cheer for the Leafs, they have always been one of my least favorite teams. That said, I do like how Carlyle dresses all of their tough guys no matter who they're playing. It has definitely added confidence to that lineup.

Yeah - they've been playing well lately and who knows whether we'll show up tonight or how many soft goals Lindback will give up. Unfortunately, our toughest player right now may be Vinny because Aulie doesn't get the ice time. They'd rather throw MAB out there with his granny passes.....

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
37 shots is a lot no? I didn't watch the game to see what kind of shots they were but that is a pretty high number.

Well I just saw that he's coming of back to back shut-outs, so I would assume he's been playing well. :laugh:

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
Thanks to all you former Leaf fans for comin' on over. If we had more of that...well..you know.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
So how quickly will the Leafs score tonight? 1st minute? 2nd minute?

I actually have a good feeling on this and think we'll come out playing hard. Scrivens will come back to earth.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
So how quickly will the Leafs score tonight? 1st minute? 2nd minute?

I actually have a good feeling on this and think we'll come out playing hard. Scrivens will come back to earth.

TB is always the last victim.

just wait, TOR is playing Buffalo next and when Buffalo wins that game, everyone will be all about how the Sabres are the real deal.

Last edited:

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Nice to see another former Torontonian ripping Leafs fans! GO BOLTS!!!

Personally I don't hate the Leafs but because of their fans, I can't even cheer for them as my second team. I just don't get the unwarranted arrogance.

:), my greatest resentment with Toronto were the Leafs fans. They are very obnoxious and a large contingent of them were incredibly oblivious when it comes to actual hockey knowledge.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Thanks to all you former Leaf fans for comin' on over. If we had more of that...well..you know.

I was never a Leafs fan, but what are you implying? If more of us came over then Tampa would endure a 46 year plus cup drought and have obnoxious fans? :laugh:

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
:), my greatest resentment with Toronto were the Leafs fans. They are very obnoxious and a large contingent of them were incredibly oblivious when it comes to actual hockey knowledge.

Most are fine. Leaf fans are a good bunch who have a very vocal minority make them look like idiots. I'd much rather go to a game with Leaf fans than Habs or Sabres.

Ralphy*

Leafs fan just saying good luck tonight! Hope to see some nifty moves from St. Louis and Stamkos, but not too many :laugh:
Also, what is the general consensus on the Bolts's third jersey? I love it.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Leafs fan just saying good luck tonight! Hope to see some nifty moves from St. Louis and Stamkos, but not too many :laugh:

Not a huge fan of the jerseys but the last few times they wore them they won, so if they are wearing them maybe we will win!

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Most are fine. Leaf fans are a good bunch who have a very vocal minority make them look like idiots. I'd much rather go to a game with Leaf fans than Habs or Sabres.

Having lived in Toronto for 22 years, I will respectfully disagree with your opinion. They are just as bad as Habs and Sabres fans.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

I hate the third jerseys. We need to change them ASAP.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

Thank you sir!

As for the jerseys, the blue is a bit redundant now that our main jerseys are blue. Before we switched to our jerseys now, I loved them personally. But now... needs moar black!

Alivesi

Feb 1, 2012
Ontario
Geez I hope we win, I mean I'm happy for the team with 2 points, but yeesh, Leafs fans are so obnoxious and my friend did not shut up about last seasons meetings, apparently the season before that was irrelevant, so lets win and make last season irrelevant.

Scriven has played well but I wouldn't call him red hot, the panthers have been shut out 3 times in 9 nights? Not what you call an offensive powerhouse. I think we can win this, Toronto is going to come out physical, and I think we play with more heart and passion when it's a physical game. I hope Crombeen doesn't fight Orr, I would not like to see that.. maybe a old reunion between Aulie and Orr? Crombeen / Brown would be nice to watch however.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida

Get rid of the piping to nowhere and make it black and it's great. Makes no sense to have a 3rd the same color as our home.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Get rid of the piping to nowhere and make it black and it's great. Makes no sense to have a 3rd the same color as our home.

Keep in mind that third jersey was created before our new home and away threads were introduced, hence the blue. Hopefully next season they alter the third to make it black as a nod back to our old jerseys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad