part11i.png
part12f.png

foot1q.png
foot2.png

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We need these two points. Toronto on the tail end of a back to back, but Scrivens is playing well. Throw pucks at him and make him work.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
They owned us last season (we lost all four games) and Scrivens is red hot but nonetheless this should be a winnable game.

According to NHL.com Gunnarson is out for the Leafs with a hip injury - although he played last night.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I thought with this condensed season we wouldn't be getting many days off, seems like we've had more two day in a row offs than any other team. Hopefully they worked on the PP and breaking out of our zone. Another close game, maybe we get some better netminding 3-2 win.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
This is actually a huge game in the standings race.

If we win Toronto is 3 points up but we have 2 in hand. (within reach)
If we lose Toronto is 5 points up but we have 2 in hand. (out of reach)

The season isn't even half-way over yet but it would be great to at least be in the bottom of the playoffs right now.

Last edited:

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto is #1 in the NHL in hits. IF Purcell gets intimidated, hopefully Boucher will make the adjustment and give his minutes to someone else.

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
I think Scrivens is playing above his usual level right now, there will be a dropoff eventually. The guy to watch out for is Leo Komarov, he's going to be yapping in Lecavalier's ear all night trying to draw penalties. Esa Tikkanen v. 2.0.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Man, we're screwed, as bad as we play against Toronto, we have Brian Lee in there.

I have no faith in this team until he is out of the lineup. I will say this everytime he's in the lineup. He doesnt even belong in the AHL.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Being originally from Toronto, there's nothing more that I want than for us to win this game! For some reason we always play poorly against the Leafs and they've been quite hot recently, so it should be a tough game. If we keep our feet moving and the play flowing, it'll negate their slow, tough players and they won't stand a chance. Hopefully, we'll shut up those annoying Leaf fans, Go Bolts Go!!!

Also, I don't understand the immense criticism on Lee. He's certainly had his fair share of bad games early this year, but I've found him tolerable in the last few games he's played. I'm more worried about MAB than I am about Lee, and so long as Lee isn't keeping Aulie out of the line-up, I'm fine. I'm expecting a big, passionate performance from Keith Maulie tonight as he'll be out playing with a purpose.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Being originally from Toronto, there's nothing more that I want than for us to win this game! For some reason we always play poorly against the Leafs and they've been quite hot recently, so it should be a tough game. If we keep our feet moving and the play flowing, it'll negate their slow, tough players and they won't stand a chance. Hopefully, we'll shut up those annoying Leaf fans, Go Bolts Go!!!

Also, I don't understand the immense criticism on Lee. He's certainly had his fair share of bad games early this year, but I've found him tolerable in the last few games he's played. I'm more worried about MAB than I am about Lee, and so long as Lee isn't keeping Aulie out of the line-up, I'm fine. I'm expecting a big, passionate performance from Keith Maulie tonight as he'll be out playing with a purpose.

He is so puck shy. He can hit but he panics and throws it away so he doesnt get hit. Deer in the headlights kind of player. Put in mikelsson, gudas or barb, its way overdue.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Whats with the hate on Purcell?

I don't hate Purcell, I like him actually. He seems like a nice guy and is clearly an extremely talented player. His tendency to avoid contact is his weakness though, that's all.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Sure but he still consistently puts up good numbers.

At least you didn't directly put "Teddy" or "Purcell" in the same sentence with "consistently". You implied it though.

Nothing about Purcell is consistent. A motivated Purcell was finally seen against the Panthers. First sighting this season really. You can tell he's motivated when his legs move. For the most part, he's loafed around on the ice this year. Like he did for part of last season as well. He's basically the Lightning's Less Skilled Alex Semin. When he's on, he's top notch. His release is every bit of world class and his poise with the puck is marvelous. When he's "Happy Go-Lucky Teddy", he's Alex Semin minus the awful stick penalties.

I hope the Panthers game springboards him into the Purcell we saw for the last half of last season. Guy was on fire.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State

Nice to see another former Torontonian ripping Leafs fans! GO BOLTS!!!

Personally I don't hate the Leafs but because of their fans, I can't even cheer for them as my second team. I just don't get the unwarranted arrogance.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Going to be watching this game from work. Go Bolts Go!

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Also, I don't understand the immense criticism on Lee. He's certainly had his fair share of bad games early this year, but I've found him tolerable in the last few games he's played. I'm more worried about MAB than I am about Lee, and so long as Lee isn't keeping Aulie out of the line-up, I'm fine.

I'm not a fan of Lee, but I'll give him his props. He's played much better after the first 5 or so games of the season. He's big, skates well, carries the puck well and is not afraid to hit. The mental parts of the game are what are holding him back, like not being aware of people sneaking behind him. 25 years old isn't old, he could still put it all together with some good coaching... Hmm, maybe someone just needs to tape a reminder over his locker saying "Head on a swivel". Couldn't hurt.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
At least you didn't directly put "Teddy" or "Purcell" in the same sentence with "consistently". You implied it though.

Nothing about Purcell is consistent. A motivated Purcell was finally seen against the Panthers. First sighting this season really. You can tell he's motivated when his legs move. For the most part, he's loafed around on the ice this year. Like he did for part of last season as well. He's basically the Lightning's Less Skilled Alex Semin. When he's on, he's top notch. His release is every bit of world class and his poise with the puck is marvelous. When he's "Happy Go-Lucky Teddy", he's Alex Semin minus the awful stick penalties.

I hope the Panthers game springboards him into the Purcell we saw for the last half of last season. Guy was on fire.

I'll be honest I just started watching hockey about halfway through last season but pick up on things quick,however probably don't have as great of knowledge as some of you lifelong fans.

If Teddy is really that bad we are screwed! He was 3rd in points by a decent margin last season and is currently 4th and 24th in the league. He also outscored Semin last season, I know points aren't everything and we need him to show up when it really counts but you might be a little harsh on him and we most certainly could have a worse player for his position.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
good luck tonight

just wanted to say good luck tonight HUGE game for both teams both could really use the win should be a good one looking forward to seeing how we hold up tonight against the top scoring team in the NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad