GDT: 2/19/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Toronto VS Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Lol how do we not score on that empty net. 2:30 minutes.

It was kind of comical, actually. I would have liked some stat padding, but other than that I kind of prefer it not happening. Seeing Hedman throwing the puck down the ice, but then passing up the shot at the end.... just lol.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Just slow-mo'd the Aulie - Fraser fight. Fraser landed one punch to the back of Aulie's helmet, then slapped him to rip the helmet off. Aulie landed 2 decent shots and like 2 more partials.

Aulie was also late getting his gloves off so his sweater hand was badly positioned. Looked rusty honestly.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
2 wins in a row! All around a good win...Lindback had his howler goal, and played well enough after. Toronto went goon/hack towards the end, whatever.

Lightning cracked Scrivens, but he was bound to have a game like that...doesn't matter that it was going to happen, I'm just glad the Lightning took advantage of it. Tonight was about getting pucks on the net, and good things happened when they did.

Lightning were outshot 25-19, but still managed to get 4 past Scrivens (and give him an awful SV% of .692, 9sv on 13 shots).

TML won the faceoff battle as well 33-29:
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/FC020229.HTM

tattooedsean

Hockey Maniac!
May 16, 2012
Arizona
I won't obsess over any possible excuses such as the Leafs being on the 2nd night of 2 nights in a row.

A win is a win and it was just nice to see some of the good things showing up again. :handclap:

Now, bring on Boston.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Benwat Poolio is playing some good puck jostling. We should sign him to a Lecav deal before its too late.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Have to say the Leafs played good D but overall, that was a really ugly win. I don't know what was going on with Brewer, MAB and Lee, but we need to start wearing other jerseys when we play the Leafs because those 3 couldn't tell who to pass to all night. Boucher needs to move MAB up to the wing because he obviously can't play defense. Either that or we need a coach who can coach defense.

I probably will never understand the pairing of Lee and MAB for tonight's game.....

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Aulie usually takes forever to get his gloves off. He still fared well against a tough cat in Fraser, so that was nice to see.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Good game. I thought Pouliot was the best player on the ice last night. Worked hard and made a lot of smart plays. Lindback played well. He has been sharper the last few games, maybe he is settling down. Lecavalier's goal to break Scrivens' shutout streak was important. Scrivens deflated a bit after his streak ended. Overall, the team worked hard and deserved the win, good game.

Dave C

Aug 30, 2011
Nottingham, England
Just in after work and watching the game. Much better so far!

Vinny's goal was sweet. Great work by Conacher for the second too. What a shocker by Lindback for the Leaf's first!

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Leafs fan just saying good luck tonight! Hope to see some nifty moves from St. Louis and Stamkos, but not too many :laugh:
Also, what is the general consensus on the Bolts's third jersey? I love it.

I'm with you, I love the 3rds. Our other ones, the "new" ones, suck. They are still horrible; hoped they would grow on me

We need to be back in black

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Geez I hope we win, I mean I'm happy for the team with 2 points, but yeesh, Leafs fans are so obnoxious and my friend did not shut up about last seasons meetings, apparently the season before that was irrelevant, so lets win and make last season irrelevant.

Scriven has played well but I wouldn't call him red hot, the panthers have been shut out 3 times in 9 nights? Not what you call an offensive powerhouse. I think we can win this, Toronto is going to come out physical, and I think we play with more heart and passion when it's a physical game. I hope Crombeen doesn't fight Orr, I would not like to see that.. maybe a old reunion between Aulie and Orr? Crombeen / Brown would be nice to watch however.

It is great that Crombeen is willing to fight, but I do not think he should be fighting. He seems to not be a very good fighter. I felt so bad for him when he fought Rinaldo or whoever knocked him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad