GDT: 2/18/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Winnipeg VS Tampa Bay

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
3-1 when I had to leave. Someone told me they won when I asked, thought everything went swimmingly but I guess not lol

And for Gods sake just give Carle an assist on that Kucherov goal.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
Hose I get on my daughter's ass every day about one thing or another. On the days she outright refuses to listen does that make me a bad father? She gets punished and straightened up for a week then I have to get on her again. Athletes are the same way.

At some point the players must hold each other accountable. The fact that there is a team meeting tonight says more about our players than it does our coach.

Yeah, going after a coach is a way of boiling all of your problems down to one thing. It's comforting to channel your anger and frustration, but it's not right. It's like the tendency to look to a goalie after a GA. What about every other factor that lead up to it? The last line of defense isn't the only line of defense, but when you simplify things in your mind, you feel like you have the answers, and it's comforting.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Re: Cooper

Just gonna say once again that I have several issues with his management, tactics, and such.

I do not think that 3rd period is an indictment on Coop directly. It takes a comprehensive systemic failure for something like that to happen. Cooper needs to wake the players up? Sure. On the other hand - these guys are professionals, and especially they know what the stakes are with how much they've underachieved this season as a team, too. And if they still manage to thoroughly capitulate and gag in that situation...I'm sure there are words, but I'm not sure which ones to use. Because that was freaking shocking to watch unfold in real-time.

I am relieved that they clearly are not losing sight of what actually happened tonight. Winning a skills competition doesn't solve anything. This was the final game of the 18-in-24 at home stretch, and they end this stretch only barely in the top-8 in the East, and nowhere near comfortable playoff position. 15 of the final 26 are on the road, and they've been much worse on the road this season. If tonight didn't ring their bell, then there's no hope of a playoff appearance this season.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
If the PP didn't literally hand them the easiest shorthanded goal ever none of that **** would have happened probably, and that wasn't even a matter of scheme in the offensive zone but sheer arrogant laziness in their own end. But Cooper probably should have reacted there. Surprised a timeout wasn't used at any point.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
This. Didn't see Johnson too much tonight. Palat was good but got unlucky a couple times. Like someone said earlier, if it wasn't for Kucherov and Bishop we would be a lottery team.

Palat was a game time decision with the same flu Vlad and Cooper had. I'm willing to give him a pass for tonight since he might have been hella throwing up this morning

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
If the PP didn't literally hand them the easiest shorthanded goal ever none of that **** would have happened probably, and that wasn't even a matter of scheme in the offensive zone but sheer arrogant laziness in their own end. But Cooper probably should have reacted there. Surprised a timeout wasn't used at any point.
That goal was like th SJ game where nobody picked up the guy WIDE OPEN in the slot.

We don't use timeouts. We only use them when we lose challenges. Silly Hoek.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Palat was a game time decision with the same flu Vlad and Cooper had. I'm willing to give him a pass for tonight since he might have been hella throwing up this morning

Yeah no doubt, he still played well. He just had one where it was behind him and his rebound didn't go either. Then the unfortunate bounce off him and a miss in the SO. He just got unlucky tonight.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
who else wants matt carle to end the season with 0 points? I know how bad that is, but at this point, my thinking is it will get him off the team if anything. After attending the sharks game, I said "at least I got to laugh at 25". It's like him being perfectly bad is better than just really bad.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
who else wants matt carle to end the season with 0 points? I know how bad that is, but at this point, my thinking is it will get him off the team if anything. After attending the sharks game, I said "at least I got to laugh at 25". It's like him being perfectly bad is better than just really bad.

I'm 100% on board with that.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

Well, at least he's providing us with something. :laugh:

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I do. I noticed a couple fans in here want him to get a point. I certainly dont. I want him at 0 points just for the laugh. He's so bad he really doesn't deserve any points. It's terrible but you can't possibly keep a player that makes 5.5m per year for 0 points right? Right?

Right?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
first matt carle no points for you hahahahaa
second palat was not bad he did everything his body would allow to stop his kick in
third strong first line for sure
which is a huge sign and might give us some more chances to the triplets soon thank god

everytime johnson palat hedman or kucherov tried to break the line byfugly stopped it hats off to that beast what a pain in the azzzzzzzero
think fourth is hmm let me think head still is hurt a bit from tonight think drej gave me the bug dammit

fourth well is there anyway we can dump carle and afford ladd? hed be a big help to this team imho

fifth please flipper go to the right place once a game to get on the board work

sixth we got two points

seventh hello pittsburgh am hearing no melky we got a shot lol

what a game just nonsense thanks vasy for saving us

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
first matt carle no points for you hahahahaa
second palat was not bad he did everything his body would allow to stop his kick in
third strong first line for sure
which is a huge sign and might give us some more chances to the triplets soon thank god

everytime johnson palat hedman or kucherov tried to break the line byfugly stopped it hats off to that beast what a pain in the azzzzzzzero
think fourth is hmm let me think head still is hurt a bit from tonight think drej gave me the bug dammit

fourth well is there anyway we can dump carle and afford ladd? hed be a big help to this team imho

fifth please flipper go to the right place once a game to get on the board work

sixth we got two points

seventh hello pittsburgh am hearing no melky we got a shot lol

what a game just nonsense thanks vasy for saving us
I assume you mean anyway we could rent Ladd and dump carle the answer is no for carle. Other answer is maybe we could rent Ladd if they retain 50 percent cap hit/ salary. I guess if Ladd comes here brown would have to say sorry for beating him up ? The triplets are speedy good and back! We just need Stamkos to start going off on that second line! Back to Killorn and Callahan as his wingers ? I'd like to see brown and Callahan play on Stamkos line lol I want to see it!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Got outshot badly, fumbled a 4-1 lead, 0/5 PP, Vasi 5 GA, Kucherov saves the day - this all sounds way too familiar.

Good game by Killer and Stammer stepping up in the end.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Mixed bag. We weren't playing badly before the epic collapse. We were giving up shots, but not huge chance. Our own chances were higher quality. ...Then the collapse. One of the worst moments in a season full of bad moments.

Was it just me, or was this one of Stamkos's best games, shift-for-shift, of the year? He seemed to be making things happen a lot more than we're used to. There was one play where he simply jumped up and used an explosive first step to force a turnover. Reminded me of vintage Stamkos. Great to see him get the winner.

Just a weird, weird game.

Oh. And if there were a Hall of Fame for diving, they'd likely waive the waiting period to induct Ryan Callahan.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad