GDT: 2/16/13 "Static Shock" - Lightning VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Lightning vs Panthers 2/16/2013

Our Captain is still out because of Crombeen. Think our boys show up for this one? Can't remember if Gudy was back already last time we played Tampa Bay, we know he's close to Jovo.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL

redrising.jpg

Tonight Your Defending Southeast Division Champion Florida Panthers take on the Tampa Bay Lightning! Game time at 3:00 EST live from BB&T Center!

BBTCenter-Arena.jpg

The Static Age

TV: Live on FSFlorida and Center Ice/Gamecenter.
Internet/Radio: Listen Live on NHL Gamecenter

:bolts

VS

:panthers

[fieldset=Standings]
Florida:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
4|6 |3 |11

Tampa Bay:
Wins | Losses | OTL/SOL | Total Points
6|6|1|13
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Injuries]
Tampa Bay:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
Mattias Ohlund |2013-01-07| on injured reserve and is out indefinitely| left knee surgery
Matt Taormina |2013-01-18| on injured reserve| undisclosed
Ryan Malone |2013-02-10| on injured reserve and expected to miss 3-4 weeks| lower body
Anders Lindback| 2013-02-15 |questionable for Saturday's game against Florida| flu-like symptoms

Florida:
Player | Date Of Incident | Status |Injury
Michael Caruso| 2013-01-23 |on injured reserve and is out indefinitely |broken wrist
Sean Bergenheim |2013-01-17 |undisclosed |undisclosed
Ed Jovanovski|2013-01-31|on injured reserve|knee
Scottie Upshall| 2013-02-01| on injured reserve| ankle
Kris Versteeg| 2013-02-15| expected to miss Saturday's game against Tampa Bay| upper body
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Line Combinations (Subject To Change)]
Tampa Bay:
LW |C| RW
Cory Conacher|Steven Stamkos|Nate Thompson
Teddy Purcell|Vincent Lecavalier|Martin St. Louis
Richard Panik|Benoit Pouliot|Alex Killorn
Tom Pyatt|Adam Hall|B.J. Crombeen

LD|RD
Eric Brewer|Matt Carle
Sami Salo|Victor Hedman
Keith Aulie|Brian Lee

Florida:
LW| C |RW
Tomas Fleischmann|Stephen Weiss|Shawn Matthias
Jonathan Huberdeau|Drew Shore|Peter Mueller
Tomas Kopecky|Marcel Goc|Alex Kovalev
Jack Skille|Jerred Smithson|George Parros

LD|RD
Brian Campbell|Filip Kuba
Dmitry Kulikov|Mike Weaver
Erik Gudbranson|Tyson Strachan
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Expected Starting Goaltenders (Subject To Change)]
Tampa Bay:
6791.gif

Anders Lindback
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
10|5|3|1|2.94| .903|0

VS.

Florida:
0198.gif

Jose Theodore
GP | W | L | OTL | GAA | SV% | SO
10|4|5|1| 3.14 | .899|0
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Team Leaders]
Tampa Bay:
W| Anders Lindback| 5
L| Mathieu Garon |3
GAA| Anders Lindback |2.94
G |Steven Stamkos |7
A |Martin St. Louis| 15
+/- |Sami Salo |11
PIM |B.J. Crombeen| 37

Florida:
W |Jose Theodore| 4
L |Jose Theodore |5
GAA |Jose Theodore |3.13
G |Jonathan Huberdeau| 5
A |Tomas Fleischmann| 6
+/- |Peter Mueller |2
PIM |Tomas Kopecky| 16
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Special Teams]
Tampa Bay:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
26.4%|5th|81.1%|17th

Florida:
PP%|PP Rank|PK%|PK Rank
18.9%|13th|74.5%|25th
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=News And Notes]
"It's frustrating anytime you lose in overtime," defenseman Brian Campbell told the league's official website. "We're just trying to get some wins here and one point is not going to do it. We just have to pick up and keep going and be ready."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/fla
George Richards' Blog of the Miami Herald:Your Source For Reliable, Early Panthers Info!
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Primary Target]
cory-conacher.jpg

Cory Conacher, the sudden rising star in Tampa (as if they needed another) has come out of almost nowhere to build a good career start for himself. He went undrafted and started making waves soon after, especially in the AHL leading his team to the Calder Cup. Now he's considered one of the better rookie forwards in the NHL.​
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Red Hot Cat Of The Night]
drew_shore_florida_012413.jpg

Drew Shore, the Panthers rookie centerman, has 2 points in his last 2 games played.​
[/fieldset]

Last Game VS. Lightning

Last Game Played

Tonight...
lindback.0_standard_352.0.jpg

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
:yo::wave::fight::hit:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Great GDT as always! Thanks man.

Lets throw a dryer sheet on these guys! (Dryer sheet, static cling...never mind, it's early)

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Once again, great work on the GDT!

After Tampa's hot start we are now only 2 points behind them! A regulation win today and we are tied with them. Let's look for a solid 60 minutes of hockey from the Cats this afternoon.

Lets go PANTHERS!

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Pretty much sums it up. People sitting in the lounge instead of their seats, and insane ticket prices. Hoepfully Yormark can fix this, because it looks terrible on TV.

GO CATS GO!

Let's get a win, even though I want MacKinnon/Drouin drafted by us.

the "angry panther fan" editorial right after the article is even better. this is the funniest part...
Panthers’ ownership is not without culpability in this fiasco. They have apparently given Yormark carte blanche to do whatever he pleases. If you attend a Panthers game, you’re placed right in the middle of a three-hour commercial at an ear-piercingly loud volume level. It’s quite entertaining to see players from the visiting teams look skyward in hopes of seeing a replay of a crucial play on the BB&T Center’s ancient scoreboard, only to be disappointed when no replay is forthcoming (instead they are treated to a seemingly endless array of promotions, cheesy contests, and made-for-TV commercials).

Jan 19, 2006
the "angry panther fan" editorial right after the article is even better. this is the funniest part...
Panthers’ ownership is not without culpability in this fiasco. They have apparently given Yormark carte blanche to do whatever he pleases. If you attend a Panthers game, you’re placed right in the middle of a three-hour commercial at an ear-piercingly loud volume level. It’s quite entertaining to see players from the visiting teams look skyward in hopes of seeing a replay of a crucial play on the BB&T Center’s ancient scoreboard, only to be disappointed when no replay is forthcoming (instead they are treated to a seemingly endless array of promotions, cheesy contests, and made-for-TV commercials).

For the record, I didn't write it... but I agree 100% with the message.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008

Pretty much... It's beyond a joke that we don't ever get replays. I guess the team doesn't wanna embarrass themselves with their standard def video on our "classic style" scoreboard. :sarcasm:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/02/15/panthers-club-red-pricing-is-joke/

the media is getting a hold on this club red travesty slowly but surely and today on national tv this will look pathetic.
Good, I hope this will eventually get Dorkman fired. :shakehead

Skype soupy fin!!!!
I'm actually sober for the whole weekend for the first time since late July. :laugh:

10pm start.. nice
Indeed, no need to stay up until the sunrise. :nod:

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Not that I think Yormark will take any offense to the article and actually change anything around for the better, but I really like that this has now become an embarrassment around the league. This fiasco deserves to get him fired. It's just beyond a freaking joke when either attending the games or watching on TV for many reasons.

As for this game, it would be so nice to get back on the winning side of things when our season is basically hanging by a thread. There's no reason not to when the Lightning have lost six in a row. I really hope someone goes after Crombeen after Jovo still be out another two weeks. Since Versteeg will still be out, Weiss really has to play through his injury and step his game up. The kid line can't do it all. We must also play much much better defensively against the Bolts high-powered offense. Theo's going to have to stand on his head once again.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
For the record, I didn't write it... but I agree 100% with the message.

Man whoever wrote that was spot on. The replay thing is getting ridiculous its a running joke with me and my wife. We will be watching one thing and something will happen on another part of the ice and we will be like WTF just happened? We look at each other and go don't worry just wait a second and will get a replay. And then we just start :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: then :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant: and finally :help:. The worst part is when they will start to show a replay then just as the video gets started they cut away to a crowd shot or a stupid advertisement it's ridiculous you feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football only to have it yanked away.

Is anybody else bothered by this: Anders Lindback 2013-02-15 questionable for Saturday's game against Florida flu-like symptoms. We always suck against backups. Of course we haven't been very good against starters either. Oh well I'll be there hoping for a win.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I would have put kovy on the first line to help make plays for flash, i love mathias but thats just not his thing.

Wasn't Matthias the one who set Flash up on the shot where he broke his stick last game. I like Matthias on that line because he brings size, speed, and he works like hell on every shift. That line has been a pushover all year and adding Kovy and his floating to it probably won't help it. As much as the last game sucked I think that was the most hitting this team has done all year.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Wasn't Matthias the one who set Flash up on the shot where he broke his stick last game. I like Matthias on that line because he brings size, speed, and he works like hell on every shift. That line has been a pushover all year and adding Kovy and his floating to it probably won't help it. As much as the last game sucked I think that was the most hitting this team has done all year.

All good points as well, and perhaps, i just think kovy fits versteegs play more ... just food for thought.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
All good points as well, and perhaps, i just think kovy fits versteegs play more ... just food for thought.

Which Versteeg? The floating loafing trying to puck handle by or deke out every guy on the other team Versteeg, or the chip it in chase it hit people and keep moving without the puck Versteeg. I think Kovy is more the first one and that one hasn't been worth a ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad