GDT: 2/16/13 - 3:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I was about to strangle MAB for missing that shot. His life shall be spared...for now

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
You guys need to watch that again, the puck went off the boards but it was Pyatt, who I think behind the net, who redirected it out in front.

One of the sweetest redirectional passes I have seen this year.

TheThunderYears

100% Cap Compliant
Aug 20, 2007
The Filthy South
Ugly, ugly win. That's what it was going to take to get us off the snide. We need to keep the work ethic high carrying over into the next game. Nice to get a bounce for once.

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Me and buddy went and he brought his wife. When was the guy that bent over his wife and startedhumping her after stammer scored in ot. We were seventh row.

Haha nice just looked at the tickets we were 12th row behind the benches. Since it was Nazzy night the tickets were friggen expensive but worth it.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Now they just need to build on this momentum. Hope this gives them back some confidence and we get get back into the thick of things standings wise. One game at a time boys, one game at a time.

kisin

Sep 22, 2009
Czech republic
Pathetic. Boucher is doing NOTHING with the defensive side of the game. If he had faced a better team, we would have been outplayed like 8:3.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I can't wait to see a replay of Conacher's dive. I missed it the first go round.

They gave up 5, but this is the best they've looked in a long while. I don't know if I should be encouraged by that or terrified.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Pathetic. Boucher is doing NOTHING with the defensive side of the game. If he had faced a better team, we would have been outplayed like 8:3.

Just **** and enjoy it :shakehead

I liked that our guys were moving around there and working the boards, forechecking, backchecking. The D needs to tighten up and stop leaving Lindback out to dry. Build off that effort and bring Aulie back in and see what happens against the Leafs.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I can't wait to see a replay of Conacher's dive. I missed it the first go round.

They gave up 5, but this is the best they've looked in a long while. I don't know if I should be encouraged by that or terrified.

I rewinded it and watched again and he did dive in my opinion. The stick was between his legs and he pulled his legs together and toppled over. I know it sounds like a trip, but I saw dive.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
A lot of the players played really hard and we showed a ton of character to come back like that when it was looking like a "oh no here we go again" moment. I'm pleased. That was a crazy and exciting 3rd. No goats for me.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

There was a nice string of absolutely atrocious officiating there in the third. That awful diving call on Conacher. He was spun around and the Panthers players stick got caught in his skate an was clearly tugged down. Not intentional and would have been fine with no call either way but to call it a dive was ridiculous. Especially calling only a dive there, which NEVER happens.

Then the completely missed yet blatantly obvious no call on the hit from behind on Panik. Textbook penalty right in front of the ref and completely ignored.

Then the amazing interference call on MAB hen he leveled the Panthers player who HAD the puck. He touched the puck literally .2 seconds before MAB leveled him. Completely perfect play.

Reffing has been such garbage this year is makes it hard to watch.

Last edited:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I rewinded it and watched again and he did dive in my opinion. The stick was between his legs and he pulled his legs together and toppled over. I know it sounds like a trip, but I saw dive.

Go watch it again. He was spun around and the panthers stick blade got caught in his skate and tugged his foot out from under him.

Definitely not a dive. Just put it in context. He would have to be the dumbest player in the world to try to dive in the defensive zone when the puck isn't even near him.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Meh. Normally I care about playing a good game, but I'll take a wild shoot-out to get back in the W column. It was nice seeing Stammer actually play well, too. His one-timer was an absolute laser, but I thought his best play of the game was his rush on the PK that drew the penalty. He's so fast, and that was such a head's up play.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
It's really sad. I didn't watch this game and they won...

I watched the last 7 or 8 games straight....

Don't bet on the Lightning against the Leafs. I'll be watching.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I still can't believe we won that game. Yeah we may suck, just goes to show how much more the Panthers suck! Btw, Stammer's pass to Teddy to tie up the game at the end was a thing of beauty.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Back on the right side of the scoreboard, and a real team effort on the 6th goal, though it's not exactly how MAB had planned. Pouliot and Stammer were forces out there today, and it's nice to see Benny with 2 goals on the 1st line. He's been in the Pyatt/Hedman club this year of generally being bad ass (technical term of course), and he has been a pleasant surprise as I did not expect this level of performance so far.

Lindback had a few nice saves, especially on rebounds. He had one where he was caught cheating, but he did enough to get the W...somehow.

Clearing the zone was unbearable today...FFS, we were awful with it. Gaining their zone, and clearing ours has to be fixed if we want to win. Crombeen's failed zone gain was directly turned into an oddman rush and goal...things like that have to stop.

Brett Hull, I mean Steven Stamkos and his 2nd goal was a beauty (they both were TBH). It's nice that we've come to expect undetectable laser goals from him on the faceoff dot.

It is ironic that we got the game tying goal w/10 seconds left, b/c we gave up one in the 1st minute of the 1st, as well as the last minute of the 2nd. On top of that, ****** start to the 3rd too. That is something we have to fix, and the first and last minutes of periods are not time to slack, because teams will continue to take advantage of us.

Greasy, ugly win, but it's still a win. Points are what matter, and we got as many as we could tonight! Love hearing the Final Fantasy themes again!!!

BTW...for those scoring at home:
Lightning won faceoffs 35-30: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20122013/FC020208.HTM
Lightning outshot FL 36-30.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
The Primary Assist on the GWG was Pyatt, not MAB. Pyatt made that play happen with one of the most deft redirect passes I've seen in a long time.

I liked the MVP 2.0 or French Connection Line with Marty, Vinny and Pouliot. They looked comfortable together. You know Marty and Vinny are basically telepathically linked, nice to see Pouliot click with em.

Conacher didn't look out of place with Stamkos and Purcell either. He's still flying around and getting pucks back for people and going to the right spots to threaten offensively.

D needs serious work. Brewer is atrociously slow. Carle makes Purcell look like a tough guy. MAB and Lee combo should never be iced again, period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad