GDT: 2/15/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Detroit vs Tampa Bay

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Not really. We get to the puck in a timely fashion almost always. Win it almost always. Problem is we get it and it dies on our stick every time. It takes like 3 attempts for every clear once we have it. Not being strong on the play isn't so much system related as it is that the guys are simply not using their heads
Yeah but during that sequence you could see players looking over their shoulder looking to make sure they had the right assignments. Maybe its just me.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
And it's not even about the SOG, but just about letting them cirkle around for a long time which is a huge risk when you play any team but a lot more so when you face really good teams.

It also mean that we're relying on our goalies a lot more than we should have to, thankfully we have Vasy that can handle it but we've also seen how the games goes when he's not on his game and can bail us out. It's going to cost us in the PO if we don't try and fix it.

Reactions: Sk8M8

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeah but during that sequence you could see players looking over their shoulder looking to make sure they had the right assignments. Maybe its just me.

They DO do that a lot but I never read into that. I'd rather our guys be looking around like it's a fire drill to make sure they're doing it right. The only thing I'm worried about is that we could stand to be better at blocking shots

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
*lol* at Stammers failed clear, story of our play in our zone this season.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
They DO do that a lot but I never read into that. I'd rather our guys be looking around like it's a fire drill to make sure they're doing it right. The only thing I'm worried about is that we could stand to be better at blocking shots
I think another problem with it is that they almost never play the body, its always stick checking. They gotta be harder on the puck .

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Oh look, Stammer out on the PK...somebody mentioned that he should be put back on the PK last game.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
End of the first!
I'm happy to be up 1-0.
We've played well but the last ten minutes of play, DET has increased the pressure. So we've to pay attention.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
End of the 1st. Glad to be up by two goals but not so happy that we've been playing with fire all to often. Vasy have been good too.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
The good....It’s 2-0 Lightning

The bad, Vassy had to make 17 saves. Is there a stat somewhere that shows who’s on the ice with shots on goal?

I’m wondering how often it’s our lower level Dman.

tnsn78

China Bolt
Nov 7, 2017
It's the first morning in Chinese new year. Not a bad start by the boys.
Both goals are real beauty (with great assists from heddy and vladdy).
But the man surprised me most is Mr. Giraffe. What a cross-ice pass in the ozone.

Go boys, just win it.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
So wait, Paquette is our 3rd line center and Vladdy is on the 4th line...though with our 3rd line also having Peca and Erne maybe they are actually the 4th line? Or maybe we should just call them our bottom-6 since they seem to be more 3rd line A and 3rd line B when they are like this.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Come on team, time to wake up and not do something that will let them back in the game.

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
Way too much zone time for the Wings. The defensive zone coverage and the inability to win puck battles is glaring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad