GDT: 2/14/16 - 6:00PM EDT - St. Louis VS Tampa Bay

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
If Pittsburgh wins tomorrow night, the Lightning are back on the outside looking in, something that amazes me, and not in the the negative ways as much as the "holy crap the East is clogged" way and the "WTF Devils" way, too. New Jersey. Huh. Middle of February and there they are, just chugging along despite, quite probably, being the worst team in the top-8 mix by a considerable margin. Good coaching, excellent goaltending, and a little luck can do that, I guess.

Defensive structure in the 2nd period was baffling. Nesterov pinching to the strong side off the face-off; in that case, surely that means its incumbent on either the weakside F or weakside D (if there is one; I can't remember this case) to rotate back to the blueline. That was actually a 2-on-0 break, and if a breakaway happens due to a defensive breakdown, then a 2-on-0 happens due to a defensive catastrophe.

Also, not saying anything that hasn't already been said, but that Berglund goal, regardless of what happens next, was patently ridiculous. If that is a goal, then I have no clue what is and is not a kicking motion-induced goal. Holy jeezus. I'd say the same if the roles were reversed, too; I would've bet my life earnings on that call standing, and I'd be out under a bridge right now as a consequence. Yeesh.

Brian Elliott in his last three meetings vs. Tampa Bay - 31/32, 26/29, 37/38. Adds up to 94/99 and a .949 S%. I guess a league average 'keeper can have your number when you have Henrik and Carey's numbers.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

So basically Cooper hasn't paid a single bit of attention to the league's rulings for the past two years

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

So basically Cooper hasn't paid a single bit of attention to the league's rulings for the past two years

I agree, and I also hate and I'm worried that it seem to be Cooper's and the team's focus point after tonights loss and by that I fear they haven't learned anything.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I agree, and I also hate and I'm worried that it seem to be Cooper's and the team's focus point after tonights loss and by that I fear they haven't learned anything.

I don't think it's too much to expect Cooper to be aware that the universal ruling is "skate on ice/redirect = good goal." I mean for all of the criticism of the league, this is one call that's been extremely consistent for 2 years now. If that's his excuse then not only is he excusing a crap effort by the team but he's showing that he doesn't understand the current rules. I hate that his focus is on a correct call to excuse the loss.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Maybe Matt carle should not give up a break away ?

Real hard to blame Matt Carle at this point. He's not the one who told himself to dress and play in the game. Squarely on Cooper. No team in the league will trade for him. We're stuck looking for a buyout of any variety to get rid of him. He's no longer an NHL Quality d-man.

To start him in this game with Slater Koekkoek available is beyond stupid. A festively painted traffic cone is an upgrade to Matt Carle.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I missed the breakaway as I was waiting in line for pizza. What D pair was on the ice to start the 2nd? and if you say Carle & Sustr I will blow my brains out.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I missed the breakaway as I was waiting in line for pizza. What D pair was on the ice to start the 2nd? and if you say Carle & Sustr I will blow my brains out.

Carle made the right play honestly. He read the high flip form Elliot and cut it off, it just tipped off his glove and fell down for Berglund.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Carle made the right play honestly. He read the high flip form Elliot and cut it off, it just tipped off his glove and fell down for Berglund.

I guess the real question is, if Hedman was out there would the same thing of had happened?

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
I don't think it's too much to expect Cooper to be aware that the universal ruling is "skate on ice/redirect = good goal." I mean for all of the criticism of the league, this is one call that's been extremely consistent for 2 years now. If that's his excuse then not only is he excusing a crap effort by the team but he's showing that he doesn't understand the current rules. I hate that his focus is on a correct call to excuse the loss.

and if there's a kicking motion, it's not a goal. We know the rules and so do the Blues commentators who thought it was not a goal and the whole Blues bench who all looked shocked when the call was overturned.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
That was the second goal. He was asking about the first.

I just watched the firs goal over again, it was Nesterov and Sustr out there. Carle and Coburn started the 2nd period. Why are Hedman and Stralman the 3rd pair to come out at the start of a period?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It looked to me that Cooper started his shutdown line every period and his worst defenders with them figuring the forwards would shelter them.

sark76

Oct 9, 2011
Pripyat Marshes
Well...they've been consistently calling kicks not kicks for sometime now. It's so stupid...consistently stupid. You basicly need to kick the puck like a place kicker kicks the football to have it disallowed by Toronto...the refs seem to call it better. You guys got screwed...rightfully screwed..but screwed none the less...sorry...makes me angry to see that.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Must be waiting to give KoekKoek some practices before putting him in. Two games of Carle is too much for me, he was horrible tonight.
Frustrating game but you can't always have the luck on your side. We could have easily scored a few early on but no bounce went our way despite us dominating the early part of the game. Elliot was good tonight as well.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Remember when I said we needed to go on an extended winning streak and then keep winning? Remember when I said this is our playoffs and losing 4 out of 7 means we're right back out of the race?

I hate being right.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Remember when I said we needed to go on an extended winning streak and then keep winning? Remember when I said this is our playoffs and losing 4 out of 7 means we're right back out of the race?

I hate being right.

I don't like you being right either.

Stop it.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I hate being right.

Remember when everyone said Palat and Namestnikov were finally the right linemates for Stamkos?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i cant read all you guys said tonight my thoughts are simple that should not have been a goal it was a distinct kicking motion to me but we almost tied it in last second team doesnt give up always dangerous their goalie won them this game and your going to run into that we out played a serious contender imho playing about as well as they can play and we DOMINATED THEM

ANYONE THINKING SOMETHING ELSE I JUST SMDH

we dominated in my eyes one of the three teams in a 7 game series i even worry about if this team makes the playoffs is ok to woe is me to look for blame carle and nesterov made a mistake you got to give it up for fabbri that was a goal scorers shot nothing to be shamed on whatsoever there

i know i can be controversial and not seeing eye to eye with others i love all your feedback and your desire and drive but this for sure

IS NOT A GAME TO HANG HEADS ON WHATSOEVER

TO THOSE OF YOU SAYING WE DIDNT LEARN ANYTHING WHATEVER LOL WE SEE THIS GAME ON DIFFERENT LEVELS AND I QUESTION YOURS NOT SAYING I KNOW EVERYTHING OR BEING IM BETTER IS JUST MY OBSERVATION THIS WAS A GREAT GAME FOR US AND SHOULD BE TAKEN AS SUCH SOMETIMES YOU DONT GET THE SEEING EYE PUCKS YOU DONT GET THE LUCK

the work was there we dominated even the triplets got some time together and was awesome and deadly stamkos had his shots killer stralman hell kucherov had like 8 legit looks lol

i personally think tarasenko is the bar of the most dangerous guy in the game right now and kucherov actually out played him in my eyes tonight which makes me feel very good

against great teams you need good defense you need great goaltending you need some puck luck is that simple we dominated a legit stanley cup contender dominated them we lost but nothing to feel bad about in this one we should have won

we stole the nashville one i like this bounce back tonight loved seeing jt brown with like 5 chances callahan had a couple we were doing well boyle had one etc..

we play like this more often than not we will win:)

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i will add this seperately the carle on bench with the someone kicked my poodle look disgusted me i was like grow a set and stop being a fook up

anyway i am not blaming him that jumped and to me nesterov was the bigger culprit but carle has lost that thing in confidence sometimes happens to a goalie and he aint getting it back so ya buy him out im sorry for him he has just lost it for whatever reason put him in a beer league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad