Hmmm-GIF.gif

I don't believe you.

W7BvGUF.gif

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I feel like the last 2 games have been more about Dubnyk carrying us than the forwards winning it.
I'd like us to start scoring a bit more, but we're a bit rattled up front with the injuries. They may need a few games to get the new lines sorted out. But there are a couple silver linings.

1. Isn't it nice to have a goalie help carry the team a bit? Especially during this critical period and when we hit the injury bugs again. Just creates more trust and confidence with his teammates every day. I forgot what that looked like.

2. Is it just me or is Poms looking a bit better. Even getting shots on net rather than whiffing or going wide.

Also appreciated Koivu's hustle there at the end.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
at least that makes a little sense, what with our injuries

It makes sense but its not like we are just trying to buy time for a week until we get guys back. A lot of Dubs success has come from our team controlling the game so there is always a chance he falls off some.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
But we still have to be careful with Dubs. We can't play him every game the rest of the way. If we drive him and Suter into the ground......yikes.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
5 back on the Jets with 3 games in hand.... Our fate is completely in our hands at this point eh?

Calgary is losing to LA right now too. Calgary vs Vancouver on Saturday. Both of them have ROW tiebreaker on the Wild. Win Saturday and they're playing to jump into a playoff spot in next weeks road trip.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is the Pominville I've been waiting for. Timely scoring, smart, responsible plays. Koivu also looks really good.

We miss Carter and Zucker.

FLA has talent, but they were noticeably softer than WIN and VAN.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com

Listening on the radio they know they are still building a team, it's not as much of "this is their window" like the Wild.

They also talked about their lack of size, and some toughness issues, which helps you win in the playoffs. So they are trying to get in, but by no means is the situation as seemingly desperate as it is for Western teams and Minnesota or so it was put by one of the guys in their front office.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Lazy. Doesn't do much to make plays happen with his movement, but when the opportunity presents itself he can make a hell of a pass or score a heck of a goal.

What were you expecting?He is pretty much playing the way he always has.The criticism of him being lazy is as long as his NHL career.

Here it is being discussed
after being benched in the 2006 playoffs.

And again a little later.

Even his former coach weighed in on it (Lindy Ruff does not think he is lazy).

When he was in buffalo there was a twitter account.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
This is the Pominville I've been waiting for. Timely scoring, smart, responsible plays. Koivu also looks really good.

We miss Carter and Zucker.

Pominville has looked good recently which is great.We got the W,gained some ground and things are moving in the right direction.

I don't like that Pominville goal though,I understand that it's a good goal by the book,I just don't think those obvious skate redirections should be allowed.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Vanek is so slow that when he gets a break or partial break he can't take advantage of it. Sort of the anti- Zucker.

Pominville's shot that struck the post full on was terrific. Similar to Nino's last game. Both had the goalie totally beaten. It's great that he has stoked up recently, but we need Granlund and Nino to start scoring also. The Vanek, Granlund, Schroeder line was kind of a strange, disjointed, affair.

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Vanek is so slow that when he gets a break or partial break he can't take advantage of it. Sort of the anti- Zucker.

Pominville's shot that struck the post full on was terrific. Similar to Nino's last game. Both had the goalie totally beaten.

Nah, the goalie had the angle and forced them to hit the post ;) --former soccer goalie

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I feel like the last 2 games have been more about Dubnyk carrying us than the forwards winning it.

Yes and no... it's not like Dubs has had to stand on his head either.

The team is playing well in their zone and limiting the "quality" chances... so while they aren't getting their possession game going, they aren't exactly letting the opposition walk in and shoot one high quality shot after another either.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yes and no... it's not like Dubs has had to stand on his head either.

The team is playing well in their zone and limiting the "quality" chances... so while they aren't getting their possession game going, they aren't exactly letting the opposition walk in and shoot one high quality shot after another either.
Agreed. Like in the Vancouver game, I was shocked at how easy it was for us to get directly to their net and get some real good chances. Our D isn't allowing chances like that against Dubs.

sirMcDuck

Feb 19, 2006
Capt. Koivu is in beast mode. He and Dubnyk are the biggest reasons for this hot streak.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
If we make the playoffs, I'm going to change my username to Dubnyk 4 Vezina until the season begins. :laugh: Dubnyk looks so calm when he plays. Gives us a chance to win every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad