GDT: 2/11/23 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah Hagel was crap last year and Killorn wasn't his normal self. Hopefully that changes this time around
Those two + a healthy Point probably gives us a better forward group than last year. Killorn back to his self is something nobody's gonna consider when comparing us to last year.

In other news, two big games and Cirelli is back over half a point per game, which is about what we can hope for.

Last edited:

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I feel like the turning point of the season happened once we got Cirelli back
I don't disagree but if you go back just a few days ago to these pages in the aftermath of the Sharks and Panthers games, Cirelli was probably the #1 target for everyone's ire: A gritty and hardworking but ultimately overpaid offensive black hole.

What a difference a couple of days makes. Such is fandom.

Reactions: Fan from AK

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
This was Vasi in my face when the Bolts came to Seattle last month. Second row almost directly behind the goal the Bolts shot at twice.
20230116_141935.jpg

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
I don't disagree but if you go back just a few days ago to these pages in the aftermath of the Sharks and Panthers games, Cirelli was probably the #1 target for everyone's ire: A gritty and hardworking but ultimately overpaid offensive black hole.

I retracted my stupidity just so you know. I was wrong and I posted that on the last page. I admit, Cirelli IMO was the best player on the ice for the past 2 games. I own up to being wrong.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I retracted my stupidity just so you know. I was wrong and I posted that on the last page. I admit, Cirelli IMO was the best player on the ice for the past 2 games. I own up to being wrong.
My comment wasn't meant as a criticism of you at all, or anyone really. It was just a blanket comment about the emotional roller coaster that all fans are on most of the time. Love a player one minute, hate 'em the next and right back around again. Human nature.

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
My comment wasn't meant as a criticism of you at all, or anyone really. It was just a blanket comment about the emotional roller coaster that all fans are on most of the time. Love a player one minute, hate 'em the next and right back around again. Human nature.
Believe me I know. I was the idiot here and I own up to my mistakes. Thank you.

Reactions: Bartleby

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Not me. His skillset is definitely more of a shutdown guy but I think that just puts more pressure on the coaching staff to utilize our top two lines correctly.

Last edited:

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
Not me. His skillset is definitely more of a shutdown guy but I think that just puts more pressure on the coaching staff to utilize our top two lines correctly.
I lost sight of that. You could not be more right. Cirelli is used to not necessarily score but to keep the other's top lines from scoring. He has been a beast for that and can easily be overlooked when he doesn't get the points on the scoresheet.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I lost sight of that. You could not be more right. Cirelli is used to not necessarily score but to keep the other's top lines from scoring. He has been a beast for that and can easily be overlooked when he doesn't get the points on the scoresheet.

You're good bud, it's the new NHL and I think ideally you're right and that you'd want more offense coming out of the #2 center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad