Post-Game Talk: 2-1 Wild, Leafs lose, Yubbers talks to himself (Converted GDT)

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Whoever posts in the GDT in the hard-times should be the only ones allowed when they're doing well. AmIrite?

I know - your positivity is refreshing - thanks.

I can't help but think of how bad Ottawa has been over the last couple years and how well they're playing now - there's a lesson in there for all Leaf fans... a new coach, new system, new goalie, new attitude can turn underachieving dogs of players into competent NHLers for a time.

Here's to hoping that some of the hard lessons being learned now under Horachek pay dividends in the future.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
dont mind losing when u give it your all
people watching at the ACC knew this

not really a fan of that 2nd goal tho, but whatevers

Completelybroke

Mar 22, 2015
That game was actually fun to watch regardless of the lose. But anyhow 2 points that i'm glad we won't see again.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Well on the plus side, maybe we'll get ~$20 tickets on Stubhub over the next few weeks :laugh:

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
honestly, it was an entertaining game. don't mind watching the leafs lose when they play like this. but on nights they don't give a damn, i find it hard to care, as well.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Yubbers

oh yes
there are worse things than
being alone
but it often takes decades
to realize this
and most often
when you do
it's too late
and there's nothing worse
than
too late.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Was at the game tonight.

First off, very entertaining game. Bernier was rock solid, and a few bounces would have easily had this in the Leafs favour. They brought it in the 3rd.

Gardiner was very good as well.

ACC was odd. Lots of empty seats in the golds and platinums... throughout the entire game, not just the end or after the start of a new period.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Was at the game tonight.

First off, very entertaining game. Bernier was rock solid, and a few bounces would have easily had this in the Leafs favour. They brought it in the 3rd.

Gardiner was very good as well.

ACC was odd. Lots of empty seats in the golds and platinums... throughout the entire game, not just the end or after the start of a new period.

How is that odd, for the first time in forever the entire city doesnt care about the Leafs

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
It was an actually good game by the leafs.

Not even joking.

Minny has a good goalie right now. Bernier did a damn good job too.

Part of me is happy about the loss, but that same part of me would've been happy if the leafs won too.

Durkin67

Gardiner was the best Ive ever seen him play. And it drives me nuts when he does this. Flashes of brilliance, but can he do it over the course of a season?

He was my favourite player last night. His body position, how he took away lanes, his decision making - it was all there.

If he could play like that all the time, they would be crazy to trade him...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: