2-1 TB Habs on the chopping block

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Are people really blaming DD ?

He actually showed up yesterday and played a pretty good game.

I am not his biggest fan but this is just ridiculous DD bashing.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
We have 16 goals in 9 games... That's just ridiculously bad.

What's even worse: 7 of those goals came in the first 2 games against the Sens.

That means we have 9 goals in the last 7 games... :yo:

Price basically needs a shutout every game for us to win or go to OT...

DD51*

Well the Habs scored more goals in game #1-#2-#6 against Ott and in game #2 against Tampa.

That's the only games Montreal scored 2 goals or more in regulation.
Game #1 vs OTT = DD played as a 4th liner, less than 13 minutes
Game #2 vs OTT = DD played as a top 6, won in Overtime
Game #6 vs OTT = DD played less than 14 minutes
Game #2 vs TB = DD didn't played at all.

The Habs scored more than 1 goal only once when DD is played with top 6 minutes.
Funny that DD played less = The Habs score more goals......isn't DD supposed to help us offensively?
Remember this, in the season and in the PO, the Habs win more when they play Eller more than DD...and actually score more goals

Proving that the Habs don't need DD, at all!

They certainly did not need him in Game 2 where they wre fleeced and ridiculed 6-2 by the Bolts. You sound like a broken record, man.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
It has been mentionned a bit here and there, but the constant shuffling of the lines, even in the playoffs, mustn't help our offense. Trying to find chemistry when lines are on shuffle every game seems like a difficult thing to do. I wonder what was the average number of games any given line spent toghether this season. I'd be willing to bet it's no more than 5-6 straight games.

That sends the wrong message to the players: "Oh, we have trouble generating offense. Not my fault, must be because I wasn't playing with the right guys. Even if it doesn't work this time, I'll just wait for the next scramble"

Just find some combinations that make sense and stick to them. We've had a few good lines this season, but they ended up dismantled like any other after a 1-2 game scoreless streak.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
They certainly did not need him in Game 2 where they wre fleeced and ridiculed 6-2 by the Bolts. You sound like a broken record, man.

Yeah, DD would have been the difference maker on the PK

We outchanced and outshot them at ES and scored as many goals as them at ES.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I think he is tired. Real tired.

Markov was #13 in the NHL in ice time averaging almost 25 minutes a game. Next season he needs ~5 mins/game shaved off that.

Same excuse every year since hes 25, he is tired!! The guy was on fire the last 10 games of the year but then hit a wall comme playoff time, i dont buy the fatigue excuse!! This guy is the worst playoff performer i have seen in my 30 years as a habs fan!!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

For the 100000000000000th time.

People are not blaming DD. People are blaming the usage of DD.

The guy has no business being a top 6 center in this league.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

No. But his usage has been a big issue for sure this year.

It's called: opportunity cost.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

ES goals in this game were 2-2. We lost 6-2 because of the penalties and the PK two things DD has no impact on. DD would not have change anything to this lost.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

And we all know that and we all know Therrien is gonna keep using him as a top 6 now can we talk about something else!!??

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Same excuse every year since hes 25, he is tired!! The guy was on fire the last 10 games of the year but then hit a wall comme playoff time, i dont buy the fatigue excuse!! This guy is the worst playoff performer i have seen in my 30 years as a habs fan!!

Still last year was his best playoffs imo and we gave him a day off before the playoffs and we used him as a 2nd pairing d man with Emelin.

Maybe he is just not able to play top pairing minutes. Dunno.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
We have 16 goals in 9 games... That's just ridiculously bad.

What's even worse: 7 of those goals came in the first 2 games against the Sens.

That means we have 9 goals in the last 7 games... :yo:

Price basically needs a shutout every game for us to win or go to OT...

And one of them was an EN 1s before the end of the game.

So up against NHL caliber goaltenders, we score at a pace slightly above a GPG.

No news here, but still terrible no matter how many times I see it.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
And one of them was an EN 1s before the end of the game.

So up against NHL caliber goaltenders, we score at a pace slightly above a GPG.

No news here, but still terrible no matter how many times I see it.

Ah, right. Forgot about that EN goal :laugh: Just a laughable and depressing offense...

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
No. But his usage has been a big issue for sure this year.

It's called: opportunity cost.

Got it.

Yeaaa his use is terribad.

It makes me so frustrated too because DD on a third line is a FINE player. He plays hard and can contribute offensively. MT just doesn't see that.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Look who's talking....yeah i sound like a broken record cause i knew DD would be invisible come PO time and i was right and you were wrong.

And in that game, their PP score 4 goals....we did score more goals than any other games against Tampa....without the great vision of DD.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Had a dream. MB came down (apparently I was part of the team) told me everything I wanted to hear showed me a plan for the future (my plan) and then **** all over Desharnais and MT. Then I woke up to reality......

I dreamed that Cate Blanchett sat on my face last night.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

The Habs are about to be humiliated in this series, there are big issues with the team, but YOU just keep on defending DD. Be a Habs fan. because you sure don't seem like one.

I've had enough of you.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Idk if it's just me but I'm not even that upset over this series.

I knew Therrien's system and coaching would cost us at some point. I knew our lack of top 6 talent would cost us. And I knew our abysmal power play would haunt us. I guess my lower expectations to be with are softening the blow, but if you've seen this team play all season, there were just too many holes. Price was masking a lot of the issues.

Our forwards should be embarrassed with the way they played this spring. Bergevin has a lot of work to do. If anything, I wanted the team to at least play for Price. His historic season is being wasted on careless and soft players as well as a terrible coaching staff. He deserves much more but at the end of the day hockey is a team sport. To see Price end his career without a Cup would be a travesty to watch.

/rant.

HabsDieHard*

Desharnais has had his ice-time significantly cut in the playoffs. He didn't even play one game. Far bigger problems than that.

But of course... get rid of DD and Therrien... and we'll score 600 times a night.

Plus, Max Pacioretty has sucked his entire career on the PP... but I guess that's all Therrien's fault too.

I'm with chopping Therrien. I am. But people acting like getting rid of two people instantly makes us the Blackhawks are crazy.

4th liner? That weird line played really well, in most people's opinion, until they sucked in the first game of the playoffs.

Pacioretty had 7 power play goals in 2010/2011.

He also had 10 last year.

Any more baseless claims you'd like to have proven wrong?

HabsDieHard*

Idk if it's just me but I'm not even that upset over this series.

I knew Therrien's system and coaching would cost us at some point. I knew our lack of top 6 talent would cost us. And I knew our abysmal power play would haunt us. I guess my lower expectations to be with are softening the blow, but if you've seen this team play all season, there were just too many holes. Price was masking a lot of the issues.

Our forwards should be embarrassed with the way they played this spring. Bergevin has a lot of work to do. If anything, I wanted the team to at least play for Price. His historic season is being wasted on careless and soft players as well as a terrible coaching staff. He deserves much more but at the end of the day hockey is a team sport. To see Price end his career without a Cup would be a travesty to watch.

/rant.

I think that's what makes me the most upset about it.

Everyone in the organization failed Price this year.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

There is no DD bashing. There is a legitimate wish by Habs fans for a true no 1 center.

This is not a good time to be defending DD. I'd suggest zipping it for a while. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad