Post-Game Talk: 2-1 Hawks (Shootout) - Leadership Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We were the better team despite Sid and Geno not playing well. We lost a skills competition. Commence everyone panicking.

penguins2946*

We lost a skills competition to the most skilled team in the league. I can't be mad. Pouliot and Bennett were awesome, Bortuzzo got rightfully benched, Scuderi and Adams sucked.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+ Letang
+ Beau
+ MAF (until the SO)
+ Comeau, Horny, Perron
+ Despres

- MJ: For not rewarding BB. That SICKENS me. That's a ****ing disgraceful effort in coaching.
- Adams
- Kunitz
- Sid's decision making
- Bort
- PP
- Faceoffs

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Sign comeau. Thank god fleury is awesome during the game and not so good at shoot outs now.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
Finally a respectable loss. Instead of the defensive collapse we saw against Ottawa, we actually played pretty well defensively all things considered.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I thought both played well. Just because they didn't put up points doesn't mean otherwise.

Eh they were alright at best. Didn't generate much though I guess they didn't give up much either.

Said it the past few weeks but we need another winger. Jagr would be perfect. We don't need another defenseman. Poo bear is ready to play bottom pair minutes.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We were the better team despite Sid and Geno not playing well. We lost a skills competition. Commence everyone panicking.

I'm not entirely convinced that Sid and Geno not playing well isn't self inflicted.

Sid slows himself down by his insistence upon playing with Kunitz and the coaches slow Malkin down.

One more thing: **** off Mike Johnston. Beau Bennett was the hot hand today. No PP time. No 4 on 4 time. No random shift in the top six. Sid and Geno not producing. Kunitz is dog ****. The Malkin line could use a second guy to make a play. Johnston could care less. Guy is dog**** as a bench boss.

EDIT: This isn't about rewarding youth. This is about rewarding the hot hand when your top six needs a spark, like you'd see with JQ and other coaches all the time and haven't seen in Pittsburgh since MT would chuck Talbot up there in a game like this.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
haha. from the title of this thread i'm glad i watched the canadian broadcast of this game and avoided all the 'leadership' talk

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
What happened to Fleury's shootout swag? I mean i know they don't practice it ever day like under Disco but he's been pretty bad this season. I'll take the general improved play over it obviously but it's pretty weird.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Big ups to Beau today. NBC keeps saying it but the Pens never buy it. Beau was a ****ing beast. He was a beast all game. I remember last time them going crazy for Beau on NBC and STILL nothing from the Pens. It's sickening. MJ is a ****ing joke.

Even worse... they said JQ was said to give Versteeg a boost from 4th to 2nd line during the game because he was feeling it. What does MJ do? NOTHING. Piss poor. ****ing joke.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Anybody listening to this post game? Rossi yet again hating on Crosby. Why let this dude anywhere near the team? Criticism is one thing but he acts like a 7th grader passing along gossip.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Those extra points missed will matter eventually. If there was only one positive about Bylsma, it was his ability to force this team to win shootouts.

Bylsma as coach = legendary team in shootouts.

Bylsma not coach = can't buy a shootout.

Now, I hate DB more than anyone...but can there be at least ONE thing we retain from him?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I thought Sid looked fine.

Even though the Pens created more chances, it's hard to beat the Hawks when they have the puck for like, 65% of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad