Post-Game Talk: 2,000th FRANCHISE WIN! #53 Canucks 1 at Flyers 2, Monday Feb 4 7:00PM ET

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I am starting to have a loss of words to describe what we are witnessing in goal for this hockey team. I have been waiting for this for 3 decades plus. A goalie that is ours. Not one bought in free agency. One we drafted and developed.
He is only scratching the surface of what he can do. Unreal
It would be ironic that Hextall...who couldn't win a cup with the Flyers may have gifted us a franchise goalie who could end the dry spell.

Reactions: RebusFlyer

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

vSZoRGW.gif

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I will reiterate my unpopular opinion, Giroux should go back to wing. 5v5 his line was not good. They've fallen off. Giroux is not touching the puck enough, and he is not affecting the game defensively in a positive manner.

Edit:
Oh, I also wanted to just give props to Couts, who is a beast. Great game from him tonight.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I wish I knew before tonight’s game, I would have pregamed like it was 1999!

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I will reiterate my unpopular opinion, Giroux should go back to wing. 5v5 his line was not good. They've fallen off. Giroux is not touching the puck enough, and he not effecting the game defensively in a positive manner.
I agree with the bolded. I think its just a product of the system.
We dont drop pass pucks on the rush....ever.
And instead of point shots we get unscreened wrist shots from the half wall on one man rushes.

Our wingers look like they dont know wtf their strategy is supposed to be most shifts.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Fletch has waited too long to trade Simmonds. How do you trade him if the team keeps winning?

I still think it’s the smart move long term, but yeah... it’s not going to be the easiest to sell that to the boys in the room with where they are at right now.

Reactions: Tripod

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
2000th win!!! That’s amazing! There is a lot of pride in this organization. We need to win cups and I think we will but this is one of the most successful teams all time in hockey. Thank you Chairman!

I don’t understand Carter Hart. I have never seen a goalie like him for the Flyers in decades of watching. I think he will get nomination for Calder. He’s going to be our best player and that is NUTS! We have so much on top of that.

EP will win Calder but seeing his shooting % near 30% we are seeing some false advertising. He will cool off this year and def next year. This kid is already getting injuries. I’m not 100% I take him over Patrick. Patrick looks great.

We need to stop with the blind centering passes. You have a 3-0 you score there or you get a rebound. You don’t blow it and make worse. Simmonds does it all the time. Time to remove that ASAP.

Hagg has to go. He looks worse than Amac right now. Hopefully they can just trade him. I want Myers for him ASAP!

Big game next. I’m hoping for a win from Stolie and then going to the game Saturday!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00