Post-Game Talk: 2-0 in the Mattias F***in’ Ekholm era

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
So McDavid blocked a shot and barely touched the ice in the third. Just an observation after a few drafts and a bag of popcorn.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Im pretty disappointed in the Jets. I low-key cheer for them. Usually they play a tough but clean game. I understand they’ve been slumping and were getting caved-in and frustrated, but Morgan Stanley folding up Derek Ryan and Broberg getting a cross-check in the throat during garbage time is bush league.

Last edited:

InTheBox

Feb 7, 2021
Good game overall. I'm not impressed with Bouchard on the PP yet though. I hope it's just nerves coming into a historically great PP.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Im pretty disappointed in the Jets. I low-key cheer for them. Usually they play a tough but clean game. I understand they’ve been slumping and were getting caved-in and frustrated, but Morgan Stanley folding up Derek Ryan and Broberg getting a cross-check in the throat during garbage time is bush league.

Mienalailen was the player who x checked Broberg in the face. He was throwing high sticks and dirty x checks all 3rd period behind the play. Nurse wanted to have a go with him but he’s too much of a coward to answer for his actions.

Good game overall. I'm not impressed with Bouchard on the PP yet though. I hope it's just nerves coming into a historically great PP.

He will have to get into the rythm of it. Give it time.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Jets have been pretty dirty for a while whenever their backs are against the wall. Scheifele, Lowry, and especially Pionk are due for a serious, serious ass kicking in the near future.

Edit: add that big dumb idiot who can't play hockey Logan Stanley to the mix of people who need to get learnt.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Last years playoffs? He did nothing in the playoffs

I remember him being engaged physically and mentally, initiating battles and going to tough areas consistently. You need these players to win a playoff series. There's a reason big and soft Puljujarvi was the cap casualty heading into the playoffs this year instead of Yamo. His biggest problem has been his inconsistent scoring. He blows too many great chances, but he is streaky and sometimes that can pay off big in short stretches. I can't remember if he scored that much in the playoffs last year, but I do remember being generally pleased with his play.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Jets have been pretty dirty for a while whenever their backs are against the wall. Scheifele, Lowry, and especially Pionk are due for a serious, serious ass kicking in the near future.

Edit: add that big dumb idiot who can't play hockey Logan Stanley to the mix of people who need to get learnt.
Hate to break it to you, but any team that gets their lunch handed to them usually wind up with some less than clean moments. Seen it from the Oilers plenty too. Hell Nurse stuck Scheifele in the face last night lol.

It happens with every team. Things get heated in full contact sports. Crazy, I know.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
tippett-dave-oilers-190528-1180.jpg

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Mienalailen was the player who x checked Broberg in the face. He was throwing high sticks and dirty x checks all 3rd period behind the play. Nurse wanted to have a go with him but he’s too much of a coward to answer for his actions.

He will have to get into the rythm of it. Give it time.

Barrie was way more of a waterbug. He would skate around to make lanes and keep possession. Bouchard can skate but when he does he is probably actually making a play--otherwise he is a bit more predictable than Barrie because he isnt moving as much--or that is my take.

ergo move around more but i guess that would be harder to clap bombs.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Hate to break it to you, but any team that gets their lunch handed to them usually wind up with some less than clean moments. Seen it from the Oilers plenty too. Hell Nurse stuck Scheifele in the face last night lol.

It happens with every team. Things get heated in full contact sports. Crazy, I know.

Thanks for the lesson, dad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Anytime, kid.

This board has a habit of calling everyone dirty. It's kind of silly since every team does it.

I didn't know I represent this board. Anyways, wake me up when the Oilers have a guy like Pionk or Scheifele who are clear-as-day agitators. Watch the Jets; their game plan when losing is to intimidate and piss the other team off. Not every team does that. You'll see it again tonight, I bet.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I didn't know I represent this board. Anyways, wake me up when the Oilers have a guy like Pionk or Scheifele who are clear-as-day agitators. Watch the Jets; their game plan when losing is to intimidate and piss the other team off. Not every team does that. You'll see it again tonight, I bet.
You're honestly going to say that when any team starts getting their shit run up they don't have players that try to get under the skin of their opponents?

Seriously? Every damn team in the league does this. How many players has Drai sticked in the bag ffs? Never seen Kane try and push up on someone? Come on, man. That's just willfull ignorance. It doesn't mean they're dirty. Kassian did this shit for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad