Post-Game Talk: 2-0 in the Mattias F***in’ Ekholm era

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
This is a disproportionate level of anger for a hockey message board. What's going on with you today?
I curse like a sailor I can't help it. Buddy pissed me off by choosing to insert himself into a discussion and instead of actually refuting my points just tells me to go cry on other team boards because I refuse to just blow smoke up the Oilers ass. Are we so small that we can't speak objectively about the Oilers here? According to some, no, we can't.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

And Bouch isn't even comfortable yet. He didn't play a major part in PPG's, but that's the whole deal with our PP anyways. It lives and dies by 3 guys being on their game. The D can have some flashy plays here and there, but when the big 3 struggle, zero D can help because the PP is deisgned to run through the forwards. When Woody took over last year the PP was abysmal because McDrai were off their game. Not Barrie, not Nurse, not Bouch, no one was able to make up for those guys being off.

Reactions: Biltmore and nabob

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
And Bouch isn't even comfortable yet. He didn't play a major part in PPG's, but that's the whole deal with our PP anyways. It lives and dies by 3 guys being on their game. The D can have some flashy plays here and there, but when the big 3 struggle, zero D can help because the PP is deisgned to run through the forwards. When Woody took over last year the PP was abysmal because McDrai were off their game. Not Barrie, not Nurse, no Bouch, no one was able to make up for those guys being off.
He looks so much better at passing the puck then Barrie on the PP IMO

Reactions: oobga

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He looks so much better at passing the puck then Barrie on the PP IMO

He had some good moments for sure. Also caught a few times. Not too worried about him filling in there, he'll get comfortable eventually and maybe we incorporate his shot more into plays. Honestly wish we were playing him there more already since we knew Barrie's time here was ending soon.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I’m gonna have to somewhat disagree. Your point man on the PP has to be able to take a pass and distribute it left and right very quickly. Barrie was very good at that. I don’t think that Bouchard has the agility or thinks the game quick enough to be effective in that roll. I hope I’m wrong and that he turns out to be a weapon back there and not just a shin pad assassin.
Yeah that’s not the role of a PP QB. Yes Barrie was good at it, but I’m willing to give Bouchard more than a couple games before making some of the obtuse claims I’ve seen made here in the last couple of days.

Yet so many here insist he’ll never come close to matching the numbers of players he’s already lapping lol.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Yeah that’s not the role of a PP QB. Yes Barrie was good at it, but I’m willing to give Bouchard more than a couple games before making some of the obtuse claims I’ve seen made here in the last couple of days.
Thats fine but I’m basing my opinion over the last couple years, not days.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I’m gonna have to somewhat disagree. Your point man on the PP has to be able to take a pass and distribute it left and right very quickly. Barrie was very good at that. I don’t think that Bouchard has the agility or thinks the game quick enough to be effective in that roll. I hope I’m wrong and that he turns out to be a weapon back there and not just a shin pad assassin.
Still doesnt make the Dman the QB on our powerplay.

Reactions: nabob

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
He did a good job keeping it in and alive on the first PP goal last night.

Admittedly I only have highlights to watch so I wouldn't see any gaffes so maybe there was more that was less good. But I think he'll be fine.

Reactions: nabob

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Still doesnt make the Dman the QB on our powerplay.
It does make him an important piece of the puzzle to keep the puck moving side to side though. Or are you hung up on the QB part of it?

He did a good job keeping it in and alive on the first PP goal last night.

Admittedly I only have highlights to watch so I wouldn't see any gaffes so maybe there was more that was less good. But I think he'll be fine.
I hope so.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It does make him an important piece of the puzzle to keep the puck moving side to side though. Or are you hung up on the QB part of it?

I hope so.
Barrie was the 4th most important part of the powerplay.

Behind McDavid draisaitl and RNH

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Someone tighten Nurses damn chinstrap already. It’s been years of his helmet always popping off easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad