Line Combos: 1st vs. 2nd line - time to split up Ehlers - Little - Laine? Mod Warning Post #552

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Including a very slow start he's 48th in scoring for C's and he's done that from a 2nd line position and not on the top PP unit. He hasn't been getting first line minutes in comparison to many of these players. More importantly he's better defensively then some of the centers ahead of him. I wouldn't say teams like NYR or MTL would be considered to have clear cut better players in that role. You also have to take into account injuries on other teams. Who else is missing their 1C?

An extended shot with Wheeler and someone would likely drive his numbers into top 25'ish territory. Which is a really good back up option to have and better then many teams #2

Being 48th in scoring for C's ain't really any kind of achievement. There is 47 better centers than him and that also includes many 3rd line players. Most of his points are from PP, his 5 on 5 production has been more than poor. 38 games, 15 points. We have most talented sniper for ages and we are wasting his talent with terrible line-mate. He plays way too one dimensional with Little and that needs to be change really fast or it could hurt his ceiling on offense. They can't figure it out so something needs to be done. Laine has way more on his arsenal when Lowry is on ice.

I don't think so. Maybe it could be possible but that doesn't change the fact about terrible chemistry. Like i said Little is good player, he just doesn't have any idea how to play with sniper and Laine doesn't know how to play with center like him . I just don't see how we could even dream about Stanley Cup while our 2nd line won't be able to do anything on offense. There is no future with Laine & Little.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Hopefully our silver lining is that Roslovic can make such a positive impression that when Scheif comes back that the team will be forced to keep him in the active line up. If Roslovic can thrive with the Jets then we truly will be in a position to cause any team major problems with our top 12 forwards (when healthy)
This is the hope that I have as well. That would be a great silver lining.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Connor Little Wheeler
Laine Roslo Ehlers
Perreault Lowry Armia
Tanev Hendricks Copp

I know it's a pipe dream but that sure looks nice. Or swap Perreault and Roslo and play Roslo RW on that third line.
Am I the only one who wants to see Little and Wheeler reunited? Move the guy up already.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Connor/Lowry/Wheeler
Ehlers/Little/Laine
MP/Roslo or Petan/Armia
Tanev/Hendy/Copp

At least that makes 4 defensively responsible lines. Reduces the pressure for either Petan or Roslo and gives them 2 excellent defensive forwards. Reduces the need to line match.

*Side note

Let's stop putting MP at center it's not great.

Anyone who thinks wheelers could carry 2 rookies hasn't been paying attention this year.

Also, pretty much a 0 chance of a line of Roslo/Laine/Ehlers doing anything besides being pinned in their own end all night.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Connor/Lowry/Wheeler
Ehlers/Little/Laine
MP/Roslo or Petan/Armia
Tanev/Hendy/Copp

At least that makes 4 defensively responsible lines. Reduces the pressure for either Petan or Roslo and gives them 2 excellent defensive forwards. Reduces the need to line match.

*Side note

Let's stop putting MP at center it's not great.

Anyone who thinks wheelers could carry 2 rookies hasn't been paying attention this year.

Also, pretty much a 0 chance of a line of Roslo/Laine/Ehlers doing anything besides being pinned in their own end all night.

Hey I love that third line, here is a novel idea, why not go with that as a third line when all are healthy!? Then Pmo could still go Copp Lowry Tanev for his fourth line.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Hey I love that third line, here is a novel idea, why not go with that as a third line when all are healthy!? Then Pmo could still go Copp Lowry Tanev for his fourth line.

That's what I would hope for if we ever got healthy again.

Roslo takes some easier minutes with excellent players while he gets his feet wet.

The potential downside is less scoring from the "top" line with Lowry at C while Chef is out.

The upside would be the potential for a lot of scoring from a third line and more minutes for MP and Armia which they have probably earned.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
@ Matthew McC called Laine up, except they put MP where he thought Roslo would go. Really too bad they are promoting from within and not bringing up Roslo. This could be because they want MP in top six where he belongs and Roslo would just be on fourth line and they figure he's better on Moose playing top minutes.

Reactions: ps241

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Poor Armia, good game kid now your on a real weak 4th line. I will admit Wheeler was good at C last year, but he is also an elite winger, and can he handle the toughest matchups on the road as a new C. His size and work ethic help, but never being a C in his pro life other then a handful of games does not help.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Connor Wheels Laine
Ehlers Litts MP
CLT
Matthias Hendricks Armia

Line rushes at pracky as per Wiebe.
Not a fan of those lines. Why on earth would we put Wheeler in a bad position when we are already without Scheifele? Moreover, now when line matching is already a problem, having Laine and Wheeler together makes it even easier for the opposition to match their lines against us.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
@ Matthew McC called Laine up, except they put MP where he thought Roslo would go. Really too bad they are promoting from within and not bringing up Roslo. This could be because they want MP in top six where he belongs and Roslo would just be on fourth line and they figure he's better on Moose playing top minutes.
Let's see who they call up....personally if I call up Roslovic he is going to practice with the team a bit first...I am hoping he gets called up and sees action Sunday or early next week

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Poor Armia, good game kid now your on a real weak 4th line. I will admit Wheeler was good at C last year, but he is also an elite winger, and can he handle the toughest matchups on the road as a new C. His size and work ethic help, but never being a C in his pro life other then a handful of games does not help.
Ya, I dont get why they don't just play Tanev on fourth line and give Armia better linemate, even Lowry and Copp at least.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Let's see who they call up....personally if I call up Roslovic he is going to practice with the team a bit first...I am hoping he gets called up and sees action Sunday or early next week
So what youre saying is Matthias is a place holder for Lemieux in pracky!?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Garbage. Great job Moe lets not use our skilled org depth and play a player who is already overworked in a role with even more responsibility.
It is only the 1st practice after the injury. We don't know the extent of Scheif's injury and they haven't called anyone up yet.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Moreover, if Wheeler plays C, that does not necessarily rule out Roslovic playing on the wing.

We have options.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
It is only the 1st practice after the injury. We don't know the extent of Scheif's injury and they haven't called anyone up yet.
But one could argue that they will most likely move Perreault up so no top 6 spots are left so would it make sense to call up Roslo if they just stick him on fourth line? The problem here is Pmo is in love with Tanev on line three, what really should happen is Roslo on that line and Tanev down to line four. But the way it looks they probably figure best to leave Roslo dominate with Moose then play fourth line, time will tell.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Connor - Little - Wheeler
Ehlers - Perreault - Laine
Armia - Lowry - Tanev
Grinder Callup - Hendricks - Copp

or

Connor - Wheeler - Laine
Ehlers - Little - Roslovic
Copp - Lowry - Tanev
Armia - Hendricks - Perreault

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
But one could argue that they will most likely move Perreault up so no top 6 spots are left so would it make sense to call up Roslo if they just stick him on fourth line? The problem here is Pmo is in love with Tanev on line three, what really should happen is Roslo on that line and Tanev down to line four. But the way it looks they probably figure best to leave Roslo dominate with Moose then play fourth line, time will tell.
CLT has been an important line for them. They have an outstanding GA/60. I think there will be a little more juggling yet. If anything I'd like to see Armia with a shot higher up the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad