Value of: 1st rounders to the Kings

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
An idiotic fan would say such things.. You do realize Kopitar is still a 1C and will be for the foreseable future... What, you think because of his age he'll fall off a cliff?? his game is built on IQ and skill not physicality and ruggedness.. Think Jumbo Joe without the wear and tear
As for Newhook, he is and would be a 3C.. after missing almost 2 whole seasons, Gabe Vilardi has shown in 25 games that he's far superior as has Alex Turcotte.. If we move Kopitar, it'll be for a player much, much better than Alex Newhook.. and you even added 25-50% retention and Martinez.. GTFOH with that lunacy
And you do realize that only an asshole would react that way on a message board? Not only that, your scorching take is that “vilardi is far far superior than Newhook.” Based on what exactly? I’m just going to assume that’s blind homerism since mostly everyone has Newhook rated higher than vilardi right now.

But wait, it gets better...you use Joe Thornton as your example as to why a soon to be 33yo is worth 12% of the cap, ignoring the fact that Joe (who was always a better scorer than Kopitar) experienced an appreciable decline in skill and point production around that age.

So sure, you can continue believing that Kopitar won’t age and that he’ll continue being a 1c “for the foreseeable future”, or you can wake up to the fact you’re a bottom feeder for the next 4 years and get a good return out of Kopitar now.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
only teams I think he is a 3rd line C would be Pittsburgh, Boston and maybe Toronto. Even then you find a way to keep him in your top 6. If that is moving Kopitar to the wing, or Mathews or someone else depending on team that's what would happen. Point is, in no way is Kopitar a 3rd line player.

Also fixed the bolded
Agreed .. but again 3 teams where is a 3c and lots where he is a 2c. In fact it's more the norm. I like Kopitar but his value is not what is was. Top 6 ??? Yes and No .. most teams yes.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Martinez with retention is a 2nd + 3rd. He wouldn’t return a 1st. Least any sensible GM shouldn’t fork that over. I say this respectfully as a big Amart fan and with much appreciation for his playoff heroics

Toffoli maybe with a cap dump coming back and retention. Even that’s a stretch as long term dumps like Ladd etc are a no

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad