Value of: 1st rounders to the Kings

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
This is a specific one for you guys.

The request are 1st round picks.
What player do you want and what would you offer. Nothing is off the table, everything must go.

The start must be a 1st round pick withing the next 2 drafts.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If the Kings are going to be receiving a first round pick, it'll be as a result of trading a good player and taking back salary. For example:

To Boston: Tyler Toffoli
To Los Angeles: David Backes, 1st round pick

To Carolina: Alec Martinez, Jack Campbell
To Los Angeles: James Reimer, Toronto's 1st round pick

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Would the Islanders have interest in Jeff Carter if Andrew Ladd was coming back? Maybe something like Carter @ 50% for Ladd + 1st? That would give the Islanders $2,863,636 in cap relief and an effective secondary top-six player and veteran leader.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If the Kings are going to be receiving a first round pick, it'll be as a result of trading a good player and taking back salary. For example:

Canes don't need to clear salary. Waddell just said they have the space to add a $5-6 million player. Reimer's Cap could easily be cleared after his July 1 bonus is paid if the Canes wanted to. Would much rather just deal a 2nd for Martinez or otherwise look to DeMelo/Dillon.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This is a specific one for you guys.

The request are 1st round picks.
What player do you want and what would you offer. Nothing is off the table, everything must go.

The start must be a 1st round pick withing the next 2 drafts.
Ok, fair enough....Leafs offer 2021 1st for Doughty.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Godstin Matthews

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

Why on earth would CAR do that? They have $6.25M Marleau buyout coming off the books next season as well as TVR’s $2.4M plus Edmundson’s $3.1M. They only really have Foegele, Wallmark and Fleury due for modest raises. They don’t need to dump cap.

Reimer actually has been pretty good, for a backup, and after his 7/1 bonus is paid, he probably becomes a marketable piece to a team looking for an experienced backup for hardly any real cash next season. Here’s looking at you Ottawa...

Martinez could certainly be had cheaper than a 1st.

Just an awful, awful proposal.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Why on earth would CAR do that? They have $6.25M Marleau buyout coming off the books next season as well as TVR’s $2.4M plus Edmundson’s $3.1M. They only really have Foegele, Wallmark and Fleury due for modest raises. They don’t need to dump cap.

Reimer actually has been pretty good, for a backup, and after his 7/1 bonus is laid, he probably becomes a marketable piece to a team looking for an experienced backup for hardly any real cash next season.

Martinez could certainly be had cheaper than a 1st.

Just an awful, awful proposal.

Well the proposal also includes Jack Campbell, who has played very well the past two seasons for the Kings, and looks like a number one goalie. But if it doesn't work for Carolina, that's okay. I was just spitballing. Didn't mean to offend.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Of the players actually on the block probably only toffoli.

Really? Kreider is a better rental winger and if you're willing to move a 1st, a 1st plus can get you just as good, if not better RFA wingers or guys with more term.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Well the proposal also includes Jack Campbell, who has played very well the past two seasons for the Kings, and looks like a number one goalie. But if it doesn't work for Carolina, that's okay. I was just spitballing. Didn't mean to offend.

CAR has Nedeljkovic in the wings waiting to get his shot in goal. If they’re spending a 1st, it really needs to be on a bonafide #1G. (And no to CHI fans, rental Lehner is not worth a 1st).

I do think the Canes would have an interest in Martinez, just not for a 1st:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
CAR has Nedeljkovic in the wings waiting to get his shot in goal. If they’re spending a 1st, it really needs to be on a bonafide #1G. (And no to CHI
fans, rental Lehner is not worth a 1st).

I do think the Canes would have an
interest in Martinez, just not for a 1st:

Most Chicago fans don't think they'll get a first for Lehner. It's a trade board anyone posting overvalues and undersells.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Really? Kreider is a better rental winger and if you're willing to move a 1st, a 1st plus can get you just as good, if not
better RFA wingers or guys with more term.

Didnt say he wasn't. Just responded to the op. Of anyone on the block from the kings that can get a first back it would probably toffoli only.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018

These are most likely

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

From Boston ..... NO WAY

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
from LA I think I would rather have Zboril and a 2nd
Bruins should not give up that much for Tofoli sorry he is a rental. I think the Bruins along with a need for a RW they are in need of some help on the back end.....I know I will be ripped for that, but I really don"t care because I believe that to be true......

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
Would the Islanders have interest in Jeff Carter if Andrew Ladd was coming back? Maybe something like Carter @ 50% for Ladd + 1st? That would give the Islanders $2,863,636 in cap relief and an effective secondary top-six player and veteran leader.
The only way LA wants Ladd is he comes with 3 1st Rounder. Not only is Carter a better player, but you want trade him at 50% for player who has about the same cap hit as Carter. Did I mention Ladd has an extra year longer than Carter.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

Edit: I Miss read. I thought Carolina was Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad