1st round - 2007 draft

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
I haven't seen him play... but from what I've read, he seems to be a European version of Rod Brind'Amour. Great skater, good offensive touch, excellent in all three zones, and isn't afraid to mix it up with anyone. His stock is rising because he appears to be very NHL ready... I'm crossing my fingers that people pass on him because he's from a non-traditional hockey country a la Kopitar and my Habs nab him with their first rounder :yo: ...

Doubtful that will happen though :(

No offense, but right now the guy plays for Dübendorf in the third Swiss League (an amateur league) because he couldn't prevail in the Nationalliga B (second league) with both GCK and Thurgau. There is also a reason when a player as talented as :eek::eek::eek::eek:i is, doesn't make the WJC team. Word is that his attitude isn't all that great (first to criticize his teammates but can't take any criticism himself).

He is talented enough to be a first round draft pick but given the fact that he is a) Swiss and b) has a questionable attitude I really doubt that he will be picked that high.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
My Top 15 :

1. Patrick Kane
2. Alexei Cherepanov
3. Karl Alzner
4. Angelo Esposito
5. Logan Couture
6. Kyle Turris
7. James vanRiemsdyk
8. Sam Gagner
9. Jakub Voracek
10. Keaton Ellerby
11. Jonathan Blum
12. Sergei Korostin
13. Nick Petrecki
14. Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i
15. Brandon Sutter

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Also Sweatt is a guy that had been overlooked in previous lists, good to see people taking notice of him.

I had Sweatt around 27 or so right before the WJCs. He really shot up my rankings since he pretty much proved he could play with the elite prospects and actually WAS an elite prospect himself. His solid play just keeps moving him on up. He might not be as "sexy" as some other picks right now, but I think he'll keep moving up just because he's damn good.

CH Wizard

Do you see Katic falling till' the late 20's? I want the habs to pick him badly. I love his skating and overall skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad