NFL: 1st overall pick in 2019 NFL Draft (Tracker)

Who will land the #1 overall pick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 19, 2008
Niners @Clowe Me

Arguably the worst team in the league now that Jimmy is out for the year. Not really any talent and no signs of hope for this year. Tank for that #1 pick!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Disagree

They have fought hard in most games this year without Jimmy G and the schedule looks favorable for them to win some games coming up

They play three of the teams in this race in coming three weeks

@ Arizona
vs Oakland
vs New York Giants

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I don't think the Colts will be in this mix. They'll finish with 5-6 wins playing in that weak division. They also have a lot of home games left.

Cleveland has too much talent to not win 4 games or so even with Hue screwing things up.

Buffalo seems to find ways to win a game here or there that they should not and will probably finish with 4-5 wins.

SF, ARI, NYG, OAK are the contenders here. 1-3 win potential for all of them.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't think the Colts will be in this mix. They'll finish with 5-6 wins playing in that weak division. They also have a lot of home games left.

Cleveland has too much talent to not win 4 games or so even with Hue screwing things up.

Buffalo seems to find ways to win a game here or there that they should not and will probably finish with 4-5 wins.

SF, ARI, NYG, OAK are the contenders here. 1-3 win potential for all of them.

The 49ers have played Minnesota, LAR, Kansas City, San Diego and Green Bay. They beat Detroit and blew a game to Arizona. They'll finish with 4 or 5 wins. The only game they've been boatraced in was against the Rams who are head and shoulders better than anyone in the NFC. You really underestimate how bad the Bills are. They've thrown 3 tds all year.

member 157595

The 49ers have played Minnesota, LAR, Kansas City, San Diego and Green Bay. They beat Detroit and blew a game to Arizona. They'll finish with 4 or 5 wins. The only game they've been boatraced in was against the Rams who are head and shoulders better than anyone in the NFC. You really underestimate how bad the Bills are. They've thrown 3 tds all year.

Jesus Christ. :laugh:

I had to check this for myself because I didn't believe you when I first read that, but it's true.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Whatever the records say, I saw the Bills in person this week and it's really hard to imagine there's a worse team than that. They were shockingly bad in all facets of the game. About the only bright spot for them on defense was Tredavious White, who is a hell of a player, but they must have the slowest front 7 in the league. Any play that went outside the hashmarks was a free 20 yards at least. They had nothing going on offense. Ivory ran hard and Benjamin got a couple garbage time catches but it was one of the top 2-3 worst performances I've ever seen from a team at any level in person, including some bad high school teams.

The Colts are not good but they probably aren't in the convo. They're 2-5 but could easily be 4-3.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I've thought the Bills were the worst team in the league since around free agency/draft and there's no need to change at this point.

Gruden is going to make them earn it, though.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
It's gotta be the Bills, Raiders, Giants or Cardinals, no?

I don't even think the Colts will pick in the top 5 , let alone 1st overall.

I'll say the Cards.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
The Colts are the only team in the AFC South with a positive point differential.

Sure, that's because of two blow-out wins , but it also shows they've been in every game.

Plus, they're finally getting healthy. I don't expect playoffs or anything like that , but they're much better than some of these teams with Luck back.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
May come down to the head to head matchups when the raiders play the 49ers and Cardinals. Bills still have to play jets and dolphins. Should get another win to hit 3.

Without Herbert In the draft, it’s not a massive windfall for the team that finishes last, in terms of getting a franchise QB or multiple draft picks.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Many guys who were projected to be 1st overall picks have gone back to school, even at times when there was way more money available at the top of the draft. Shouldn't surprise anyone if he goes back.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He currently has 22 college starts, with 5 games left before a Bowl game. So, he'll have the chance to start 27 or 28 games. In today's NCAA, that's more than Darnold and just 2-3 behind Rosen (who did not finish a couple of games due to injury).

It's really his choice. He can get better in another year at OR, but he also isn't as raw as say a Trubisky who left NC after 1 year as a starter, if he choose to declare. QBs will always go high in a draft. No clue who else would be a consideration at QB next season? Haskins from OSU? Eason from UW?

Financially, the top 5 picks in the past draft signed 4 year deals from $27 million to $33 million. So, even if Herbert got supplanted by someone else, he'd still be very well compensated if he went in the top 5. Rosen got just under $18 million at #10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad