Mackey, Holl

Add/remove pieces as necessary and/or flame away
Calgary swap Zadorov with Kylington
Toronto retain 50% salary of Kerfoot
Calgary add 2023 CGY 2ND

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Because Toronto needs a player like Zadorov and doesn't need a player like Kylington.
Kylington is a 4D, Zadorov is a bottom pairing guy at best.

I'd rather have Kylington and then figure out later if I need to do a lateral trade of one of my top 4 D for a different type of top 4 D with another team. That's way better than adding a bottom pairing guy who is the kind of player my team needs. Kylington is a good player on a good contract with good trade value, and could be used in a trade later to grab a meaner tougher guy who's actually a top 4 D.

Just the way I look at it anyways. The Leafs aren't one or two trades away from a cup, so I just want good players on good contracts. Tweaking the role players isn't a priority.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I mean...what the Flames really need, is Patty Kane. That's always going to be a tricky deal to work out cap-wise, but it's the piece that would actually put them over the top.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kylington is a 4D, Zadorov is a bottom pairing guy at best.

I'd rather have Kylington and then figure out later if I need to do a lateral trade of one of my top 4 D for a different type of top 4 D with another team. That's way better than adding a bottom pairing guy who is the kind of player my team needs. Kylington is a good player on a good contract with good trade value, and could be used in a trade later to grab a meaner tougher guy who's actually a top 4 D.

Just the way I look at it anyways. The Leafs aren't one or two trades away from a cup, so I just want good players on good contracts. Tweaking the role players isn't a priority.

Zadorov is a bit of a unique guy for Calgary though. He might not be as "good" as Kylington overall, but that imposing physical presence is something that is otherwise entirely lacking from Calgary's D-Corps. Like...Tanev, Andersson, Hanifin, Weegar, Kylington are a shockingly non-physical bunch. Just truly soft.

Zaddy is an important element in making that defence work. Brings a lot of what their blueline is otherwise utterly lacking.

Reactions: Nanuuk

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Puljujarvi would not be a good fit. He'd maybe be a good fit on the 3rd line spot occupied by Lewis. He's known as the "playkiller" in the Oilers locker room. He's also a 1M player making 3M. Oilers offered him around the league for a mid round pick according to Seravelli and there were no takers.
No, he's not ideal because he isn't a great finisher. But he does things that Huberdeau/Lindholm/Toffoli can't do. And he adds speed to a pretty slow group.

He has 2 fewer points than Lindholm without the benefit of PP time.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No, he's not ideal because he isn't a great finisher. But he does things that Huberdeau/Lindholm/Toffoli can't do. And he adds speed to a pretty slow group.

He has 2 fewer points than Lindholm without the benefit of PP time.
Lindholm has plenty of speed. He's a great all around player. Toffoli is almost as slow as Tkachuk was and slower than Monahan. Huberdeau is not a great skater, but not horrible. Lindholm is actually one of our better skaters. Probably only behind Backlund, Mangiapane and Dube for the Flames. Kadri and Coleman are similar skaters. As a team we lack speed up front. There's plenty on the blueline.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Semi-serious post:

To Calgary:
-Boeser
-Demko
-Bear

To Vancouver
-Toffoli
-Markstrom
-Tanev

Flames get younger but don't really lose much in the way of talent while the Canucks re-unite their 2020 bubble boys and leadership group.

Stillman to LA for Edler and we band the boys back together and recorrect the 2020 post bubble off-season mistakes.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Gurianov is your guy. Sutter will fix his fragile mind.

Well if the Flames are deadset against filling from within I actually think he might be worth a shot. Dumb as bricks but he skates good and has some hands. Doesn't cost all that much in salary and probably wouldn't in trade value either. Hope Darryl can get him to simply and for a Vrana or Burakovsky reclamation project. Calgary honestly has plenty of forwards that do the little things right, they could use one more that can make the odd gamebreaking play.

But I still think it's going to be one of Phillips, Pelletier, or Coronato(once the college season ends) by the time spring rolls around.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I mean...what the Flames really need, is Patty Kane. That's always going to be a tricky deal to work out cap-wise, but it's the piece that would actually put them over the top.
Even modern Kane would put a lot of teams over the top. Kane might put us over the top.

...should we trade for Kane?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
40 point guy with McDrai hes worthless
That's a bit misleading. He hit 40 points, but didn't play the entire year with McDavid and/or Drai. He played a lot, and produced well with McDavid to start last year, but he had some health issues (COVID I think) and when he was bumped down to the bottom six and stopped producing. He likely would have hit more than 40 with a full year of McDavid. Still, his value is waning, he has had a lot of chances with McDavid, sometimes he has looked great, others, not so much.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
That's a bit misleading. He hit 40 points, but didn't play the entire year with McDavid and/or Drai. He played a lot, and produced well with McDavid to start last year, but he had some health issues (COVID I think) and when he was bumped down to the bottom six and stopped producing. He likely would have hit more than 40 with a full year of McDavid. Still, his value is waning, he has had a lot of chances with McDavid, sometimes he has looked great, others, not so much.
I mean Chiasson scored 25 goals with McDavid. He's a single digit guy normally. If I was chasing an Oilers forward it would be McLeod. I like him a lot more than JP and he's a quarter the cap hit.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Even modern Kane would put a lot of teams over the top. Kane might put us over the top.

...should we trade for Kane?

If we could somehow rid ourselves of Broccoli Boeser, yes. Absolutely, we should trade for Patrick Kane.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Semi-serious post:

To Calgary:
-Boeser
-Demko
-Bear

To Vancouver
-Toffoli
-Markstrom
-Tanev

Flames get younger but don't really lose much in the way of talent while the Canucks re-unite their 2020 bubble boys and leadership group.

Stillman to LA for Edler and we band the boys back together and recorrect the 2020 post bubble off-season mistakes.

jesus christ man lol

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
The first line looks horrible 5 on 5. I’ve never seen so many unrecovered dump ins, so many missed passes and absolutely zero finish.

I do not believe that Toffoli is a top line winger on this team.

Who or what needs to be added/changed? If the top line gets going it’s going to be very hard to beat this team.

They beat themselves to and Oiler team yesterday while their first line was mostly invisible.
Flames aren’t done fine tuning this team. They will be in on Bertuzzi without a doubt. Even if it originally starts just to keep him away from Holland or the Avs.

Having Bertuzzi and Kadri will make them a nightmare to play against. Especially in a tight series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad