Value of: 1st Line RW to Calgary.

Alex12

Jun 23, 2016
The first line looks horrible 5 on 5. I’ve never seen so many unrecovered dump ins, so many missed passes and absolutely zero finish.

I do not believe that Toffoli is a top line winger on this team.

Who or what needs to be added/changed? If the top line gets going it’s going to be very hard to beat this team.

They beat themselves to and Oiler team yesterday while their first line was mostly invisible.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
The first line looks horrible 5 on 5. I’ve never seen so many unrecovered dump ins, so many missed passes and absolutely zero finish.

Who or what needs to be added/changed? If the top line gets going it’s going to be very hard to beat this team.

They beat themselves to and Oiler team yesterday while their first line was mostly invisible.
Give you Boeser for Tanev 😅

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Didn’t you create a thread like this a few weeks ago?

You guys have like 1.3M in cap space. Lol.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This thread would have Brock Boeser waving and hooting and hollering like, "oooooo pick me, pick me!!!" but his wrist is probably injured so he can't wave.

Anyway, what would the Flames give up for the privilege of a potentially elite "finisher" like that?

Boeser disparaging kidding aside, you're honestly not going to find anything closer to a "Top-Line RW" on the market. He absolutely has the sort of ability to be a 30G+ scorer. He's like...a Rich Man's Toffoli, but he's one of the only guys of that ilk that's even potentially available. Playing with Huberdeau, he'd probably live up to that 30G+ potential he has as a pure goal-scorer.

I don't even know what that trade would look like though.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Kane is your guy, just depends on if he’d waive there (which I don’t think he would).

Reactions: Neutrinos

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
There is always someone hitting the panic button after only 7 games.

The first line will figure things out. Better that we keep our powder dry for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
On one hand I'd like to, on the other it'll be risky, since Arvidsson is a super high risk high reward player and if one of Hanifin or Kylington suddenly develops insane chemistry on the Kings, that'll be bad for us.

I guess that's just the chance you'll have to take. Take the good with the bad. Who would Calgary be willing to part with because LA would probably be ok with any of the three.

ARVIDSSON + WALKER + Spence
for
TOFFOLI + KYLINGTON

Toffoli was my favorite King at the time but that ship has sailed. Need to move Arvidsson to get Kaliyev up the lineup.

BLAKE WHEELER 50% retained (2y @ $4.125m)
Ville Heinola

for

VIKTOR ARVIDSSON (2y @ $4.25m)
No need for another forward and that is not the LHD that LA is looking for. At that point they just bring up Bjornfot. But if Samberg is available then that is the Dman LA would want (price pending).

Reactions: dman3474

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I guess that's just the chance you'll have to take. Take the good with the bad. Who would Calgary be willing to part with because LA would probably be ok with any of the three.

Toffoli was my favorite King at the time but that ship has sailed. Need to move Arvidsson to get Kaliyev up the lineup.

No need for another forward and that is not the LHD that LA is looking for. At that point they just bring up Bjornfot. But if Samberg is available then that is the Dman LA would want (price pending).
How would you feel about the same exact offer you're responding to, but with Samberg instead of Heinola?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Why would the Flames have any interest in Boeser? He's a worse Toffoli and costs 2.5M more. We need another Mangiapane or Dube type, not another Toffoli type. Tyler Bertuzzi proposal is interesting.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad