1st C DD still PPG, backup Price wins his first NHL game in 330 days! Habs win 5-2

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Well, I would imagine driving an Audi in such area's are just...well, not practical..let a lone driving huge trucks in New York City etc. I'm sure I would feel the same way if I was living there...

It's a metaphor, but to play devil's advocate you certainly could drive a Q7 up in Anahim Lake area ;). Be hard to get it serviced though, no dealers from there to Kelowna and there sure as hell aren't any German mechanics up there.

My point is more that mentalities are different for people from rural areas on the whole, and it's hard to understand if you are from outside of it. Which I am sure you understand so I won't be too pedantic beyond that point.

But I have spent quite a bit of time in Anahim Lake/Bella Coola/Cariboo region and feel that's generally an accurate representation of attitudes on the whole. Where you are from dictates a lot of how you spend your free time, right?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Never understood how some people take pleasure in hunting down an animal with a weapon of such ease and destructive power. Is there any 'sport' involved at all? Sure, I don't understanding the pleasure in hunting in general but...I don't know. If I was the type to go hunting (and I will never do so, at least not for sport), I would think going hunting with a bow and arrow, spear or some other more limited weapon would be more 'fun'... Even a one shot hunting rifle with NO scope would give me more of a sense of accomplishment...

Lol...I have the same jacket as Price.

There's a lot more to hunting then just the kill.......it's the preparation, the camaraderie, the memories.

They call it a sport but it isn't, it's a passion, it's a way of life. It is at least for Price and a guy like myself.

As for hunting with a spear.....:laugh:

That's as barbaric as it gets, if you'd understand how a bullet works, it's as about the most human way an animal can die. And no, hardly none of them die of old age.

As for the scope, it helps with accuracy so you don't miss and hit the animal in the shoulder so it can go die in the bush for nothing.

Anyways, good on Price, Go Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad