1st C DD still PPG, backup Price wins his first NHL game in 330 days! Habs win 5-2

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Eller is the textbook example of a player with all the tools, but no toolbox. Watching him go in the o-zone was frustrating to say the least.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So only 10 pages.

Very interesting.

Next habs loss PGT will be close to double this.

At least there is a lot less negativity running rampant on this board.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
So only 10 pages.

Very interesting.

I never actually paid notice to know if it's truly the case, but you're not the first one to suggest that the PGTs are shorter when the team is winning.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
So only 10 pages.

Very interesting.

Oh please. Habs fan - and especially the knowledgable one online love nothing more than to see this team winning YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

P.s., therrien is the worst and bargainbin (wow, can't believe my phone autocorrected that one) is the worst. 34th worst gm in the league fur sure

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
So only 10 pages.

Very interesting.

People don't care about the Coyotes, on a week night.

Unless they lost. :sarcasm:

Pricer

1297356860989_ORIGINAL.jpg

Last edited:

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
People don't care about the Coyotes, on a week night.

Unless they lost. :sarcasm:

Pricer

1297356860989_ORIGINAL.jpg

Never understood how some people take pleasure in hunting down an animal with a weapon of such ease and destructive power. Is there any 'sport' involved at all? Sure, I don't understanding the pleasure in hunting in general but...I don't know. If I was the type to go hunting (and I will never do so, at least not for sport), I would think going hunting with a bow and arrow, spear or some other more limited weapon would be more 'fun'... Even a one shot hunting rifle with NO scope would give me more of a sense of accomplishment...

Sniperr

Feb 13, 2015
Never understood how some people take pleasure in hunting down an animal with a weapon of such ease and destructive power. Is there any 'sport' involved at all? Sure, I don't understanding the pleasure in hunting in general but...I don't know. If I was the type to go hunting (and I will never do so, at least not for sport), I would think going hunting with a bow and arrow, spear or some other more limited weapon would be more 'fun'... Even a one shot hunting rifle with NO scope would give me more of a sense of accomplishment...

I'm from a hunting family and honestly the feeling of tracking down your prey is incredible, I can't describe it really.

And then you realise it's much, MUCH more humane to kill a wild animal and eat it than buy meat from the livestock indrustry and what they are doing to them, seriously.

But for wolf and coyotes hunting I have a big problem with that because they are predators, not game meat.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
So only 10 pages.

Very interesting.

With a loss, the armchair coach want to share their ideas on how to fix the problem. With a win, there isn't as much to say.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
It's a good ol boy thing. I have worked and lived up where Price is from, near Anahim Lake, and attitudes are just different than they are here (now live in Toronto). Guys out west aspire to drive trucks, and out here aspire to drive Audi's. It's hard to understand if you've never been to some of these places, where IMO, attitudes are generally pretty backwards. But they'd probably say the same about my suit wearing ass too

Sniperr

Feb 13, 2015
It's a good ol boy thing. I have worked and lived up where Price is from, near Anahim Lake, and attitudes are just different than they are here (now live in Toronto). Guys out west aspire to drive trucks, and out here aspire to drive Audi's. It's hard to understand if you've never been to some of these places, where IMO, attitudes are generally pretty backwards. But they'd probably say the same about my suit wearing ass too

Well said.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I'm from a hunting family and honestly the feeling of tracking down your prey is incredible, I can't describe it really.

And then you realise it's much, MUCH more humane to kill a wild animal and eat it than buy meat from the livestock indrustry and what they are doing to them, seriously.

But for wolf and coyotes hunting I have a big problem with that because they are predators, not game meat.

Just to be clear, I'm not looking down on hunters. I'm not. And yes, hunting and eating said catch is damn less wasteful for sure. And in general probably more human. And I agree with the problem of hunting predators, specially when a lot of the 'big game' predators are becoming rarer and rarer.

And I totally can understand how tracking down your prey could feel incredible...

What I don't get is, you go to all the trouble of tracking your prey, then once you find your prey, prop up your highly accurate long distant crazy scope on your highly efficient, high powered gun and shoot a tiny coyote... it just seems like cheating.

Might as well throw up a drone that will locate your prey and then have it shoot down your prey as well (well, I'm sure such a thing will come around soon enough), all from the comfort of your car/ATV from 10 km out, with your joystick + monitor.

The prey has absolute no chance of escaping or even knowing it's in danger (unless you suck). I don't know, it just seems there are too much advantages using today's gun tech. Using a crossbow/bow&arrow? Even a simple hunting rifle without scope... or some kind of limitation just seems more 'sport' like.

Sure, if you are trying to feed your starving family I can totally understand but that's not the case for most of us living in first world countries...(most, not all).

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto

Well, I would imagine driving an Audi in such area's are just...well, not practical..let a lone driving huge trucks in New York City etc. I'm sure I would feel the same way if I was living there...

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Well, I would imagine driving an Audi in such area's are just...well, not practical..let a lone driving huge trucks in New York City etc. I'm sure I would feel the same way if I was living there...

absolutely.. I used to be a city boy. downtown mtl and all that good stuff.. then i got the taste of the country life up in Lac St Jean where the wife is from. I am not going back to MTL to live ever again.

this has nothing to do with the hunting or the post game but..

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
absolutely.. I used to be a city boy. downtown mtl and all that good stuff.. then i got the taste of the country life up in Lac St Jean where the wife is from. I am not going back to MTL to live ever again.

this has nothing to do with the hunting or the post game but..

Lol, not sure I could ever do that. I mean, yes, I love the open air. Love camping, hiking etc. etc. but being a software developer, and in general a gadget geek and computer guy...well, country living probably won't jive until the same high speed internet as the city, always connected, high speed cell phone connection (at relatively same price as in city) and high speed parcel delivery to said country area is a reality. Oh if I don't have to drive an hour from the city to home for work...

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The thing with coyotes is that they are quite dangerous for people living out in the country or who have farms. They are not afraid the way that wolves are and will go very close to where humans live to hunt.

If you live in the country and have sheep or livestock, coyotes are a huge problem. I met someone living in Alberta who started with 50 animals and ended the season with 3. The rest were all killed by coyotes.

Not only that, but a coyote will not hesitate to kill a child either, it's the perfect size for them.

As we **** up the environment more and more, it's pushing coyotes more towards populated areas, which is quite dangerous. They are very brave compared to wolves. It's getting to the point where there have been packs seen in Montreal recently (Cote st Luc).

Not only that, but lately they have been breeding with wolves so you have these big-ass Coyote-wolves that are super brave and smart too.

Coyote hunting isn't necessarily for sport, people do it to secure their animals and families.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Andrew Berkshire and all these pseudo bloggers are the worse. They think they know everything about hockey because they could read some advanced stats. Hey there little fatty, everyone can read stats. Weber was terrific tonight.

Intellectuals with zero common sense are the worst...

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Lol, not sure I could ever do that. I mean, yes, I love the open air. Love camping, hiking etc. etc. but being a software developer, and in general a gadget geek and computer guy...well, country living probably won't jive until the same high speed internet as the city, always connected, high speed cell phone connection (at relatively same price as in city) and high speed parcel delivery to said country area is a reality. Oh if I don't have to drive an hour from the city to home for work...

Im 5 hours form mtl and 2.5 hours from Quebec City. high speed internet, all the sports packages. and ideally you do this when you stop working. ima little young to have stopped but the wife gonna take care of ME now.. i did my part buyin the homes ;)

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
The thing with coyotes is that they are quite dangerous for people living out in the country or who have farms. They are not afraid the way that wolves are and will go very close to where humans live to hunt.

If you live in the country and have sheep or livestock, coyotes are a huge problem. I met someone living in Alberta who started with 50 animals and ended the season with 3. The rest were all killed by coyotes.

Not only that, but a coyote will not hesitate to kill a child either, it's the perfect size for them.

As we **** up the environment more and more, it's pushing coyotes more towards populated areas, which is quite dangerous. They are very brave compared to wolves. It's getting to the point where there have been packs seen in Montreal recently (Cote st Luc).

Not only that, but lately they have been breeding with wolves so you have these big-ass Coyote-wolves that are super brave and smart too.

Coyote hunting isn't necessarily for sport, people do it to secure their animals and families.

true. few years back wifes granfather had a whole bunch of perdrix? (translation) and they were all attacked and killed by one coyote overnight.
but its ok.. we got guns ;)

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Im 5 hours form mtl and 2.5 hours from Quebec City. high speed internet, all the sports packages. and ideally you do this when you stop working. ima little young to have stopped but the wife gonna take care of ME now.. i did my part buyin the homes ;)

Lol, that would be too far from family for me. But *sigh*, can't buy a house in Toronto...don't make high 7 figure salary... A small one floor shack, that's smaller than my condo would be just under a million where I am...

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Lol, that would be too far from family for me. But *sigh*, can't buy a house in Toronto...don't make high 7 figure salary... A small one floor shack, that's smaller than my condo would be just under a million where I am...

low six figure is just as good ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad