Proposal: 1st and/or Prospect to MN

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Just wanted to cover some of the scenarios where where MN could add a 1st or a prospect. We need to shed a winger or two and getting high-end talent, preferably at the center position, into the organization is the top priority. Nobody is off the table, here are some of the deals that I’ve talked to fans about. Feel free to throw out an alternative as not all of the deals are going to be loved by fans. These are just ones that other teams have proposed to me that I’ve had interest in:
Zucker:
  • Edmonton 1st
  • Pittsburgh 1st + Prospect
Brodin:
  • NYR 1st
  • Carolina/Toronto 1st
  • Vegas 1st + / Krebs
Brodin + Zucker:
  • Buffalo 1st + prospect + Cap-Dump
Dumba:
  • Montreal 1st/Domi
  • Monahan
I don’t like all of these deals, but I think they’re a basis to work off of. Feel free to make a counter-offer. Doesn’t have to include a 1st.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Just wanted to cover some of the scenarios where where MN could add a 1st or a prospect. We need to shed a winger or two and getting high-end talent, preferably at the center position, into the organization is the top priority. Nobody is off the table, here are some of the deals that I’ve talked to fans about. Feel free to throw out an alternative as not all of the deals are going to be loved by fans. These are just ones that other teams have proposed to me that I’ve had interest in:
Zucker:
  • Edmonton 1st
Brodin:
  • NYR 1st
  • Carolina/Toronto 1st
  • Vegas 1st + / Krebs
Brodin + Zucker:
Dumba:
  • Montreal 1st/Domi
  • Monahan
I don’t like all of these deals, but I think they’re a basis to work off of. Feel free to make a counter-offer. Doesn’t have to include a 1st.

I see no reason for Montreal to do that, at all.

All these 1st would be protected. Any team who isn't likely to make the playoff wouldn't go for these trades IMO. The better wait at the draft and see where their 1st land.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Not sure if I'd give up Monahan for Dumba... we need Monahan way more, we have our C's no extras, i would do C for C but that's it.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Holland has essentially ruled out trading our 1st. He’s incredibly high on this draft it appears. So easy no on Zucker.

Reactions: TFHockey

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
There is very little chance that Holland moves the Oilers 1st in this years draft.

A protected 2021 + for Dumba is another matter.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
The Rangers don’t need defensemen, and they’re not trading their 1st rounder.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Holland has essentially ruled out trading our 1st. He’s incredibly high on this draft it appears. So easy no on Zucker.

:eek:
But, I have been told several times by HF armchair GMs and scouts ,whose teams are expected to be TDL sellers, that the 2020 draft is nothing to get excited about

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Zucker:
  • Edmonton 1st
Brodin:
  • NYR 1st
  • Carolina/Toronto 1st
  • Vegas 1st + / Krebs
Brodin + Zucker:
Dumba:
  • Montreal 1st/Domi
  • Monahan
Rangers aren’t dealing their 1st. And certainly not for Brodin.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Dumba isn't worth Monahan, there'd have to be a pretty significant add and probably a much bigger deal to make it remotely possible. That being said, the Flames don't have the depth down the middle, Monahan is a no go.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
This is an excellent basis for Montreal if its done after the lottery. This move would allow us to trade Petry, recoup some assets back (a first round pick +) and get younger at RHD.

If a + is necessary, it could be negotiated at the draft, depending on where Montreal ends up picking. If somehow Montreal ends up with a top 3 pick this deal is dead though

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Zucker:
  • Edmonton 1st
Brodin:
  • NYR 1st
  • Carolina/Toronto 1st
  • Vegas 1st + / Krebs
Brodin + Zucker:
Dumba:
  • Montreal 1st/Domi
  • Monahan

Realistically, you'd need to add something big to Brodin to get NYR's 1st considering they're rebuilding and the pick is likely Top 10. It'd probably be something like Boldy or Kaprizov, aka a price you're not gonna want to pay.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I would think that depends on the "+". Nobody deals unprotected 1sts anymore.

What if it was a 2021 1st and a top prospect? Isn't that exactly the kind of return Minny would want?
I can't speak for Guerin or other Wild fans, but for me no. Unless that prospect is a can't-fail, top-6 center it makes very little sense to me to trade Dumba for futures. With Edmonton in particular a lot of their top prospects are defensemen, which would be of relatively little interest.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Rangers aren’t dealing their 1st. And certainly not for Brodin.
Brodin is the specific player the Rangers should be throwing assets at to get. He is exactly what the Rangers need. He would single-handly fix the Rangers entire blueline. He would be great with Trouba or Fox.

Rangers are done with tanking. Kreider is going to get them another 1st anyways. But their LHD prospects are still a couple years from being NHL playoff caliber Dmen.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Brodin is the specific player the Rangers should be throw assets at to get. He is exactly what the Rangers need. He would single-handly fix the Rangers entire blueline. He would be great with Trouba or Fox.

Rangers are done with tanking. Kreider is going to get them another 1st anyways. But their LHD prospects are still a couple years from being NHL playoff caliber Dmen.

One player is not going to change the Ranger blue line.

They are not going to deal a high pick for Brodin, who will need a new contract at the end of next season.

Not sure how you can say that their "LHD prospects are still a couple years from being NHL playoff caliber" and at the same time say "Rangers are done with tanking" They were never tanking. They are (re)building.

Reactions: UnSandvich

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Sabres have no need for a Dman at all. Zucker, Greenway, Foligno would be of interest but what combo or deal to be made for our likely top 12 pick or better is beyond what I'm gonna guess. You mentioned a cap dump if we can send Okposo back obviously that's a plus for us too...too many variables to even try an offer.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Sabres have no need for a Dman at all. Zucker, Greenway, Foligno would be of interest but what combo or deal to be made for our likely top 12 pick or better is beyond what I'm gonna guess. You mentioned a cap dump if we can send Okposo back obviously that's a plus for us too...too many variables to even try an offer.
I assume he meant 1-year cap dump. Minnesota's already got all they can handle with long-term cap juggling.

Reactions: DJN21

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Okposo as a cap dump is worth your 1st with nothing going back to Buffalo.

Reactions: DJN21

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Brodin is the specific player the Rangers should be throw assets at to get. He is exactly what the Rangers need. He would single-handly fix the Rangers entire blueline. He would be great with Trouba or Fox.

What are you adding to Brodin to make him worth a Top 10 pick in the draft?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Okposo as a cap dump is worth your 1st with nothing going back to Buffalo.
Possibly, wouldn't argue you on it. Okposo is overpaid vastly but we have Bogo and Sobotka coming off the books to account for a Reinhart raise. Going into next season I don't see us as cap strapped as we are currently trying to make a run. Also Okposo's leadership and great play with Girgensons and Larsson don't make him a useless player (to us).

If Buffalo finishes with another top10 pick I don't see it worthwhile to give that away for ridding us of Okposo (yet...expansion is looming). But I can understand the premise of your thought and it's not outlandish at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad