Confirmed with Link: 1st & 2nd round tix on sale Monday

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
1st round is the only one I'll actually have a chance of even attending this year... stupid hospitals going live on EMR for most of may.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
There's no way in hell WCQF 300 level seats will be $375 per. WCF, sure. First-round tickets will be reasonable.

What do you consider to be reasonable? While I don't think a first round 300 level ticket will cost $375, I could easily see a pair costing at least that based on the face value prices.

arsenalgooner

Nov 2, 2011
What do you consider to be reasonable? While I don't think a first round 300 level ticket will cost $375, I could easily see a pair costing at least that based on the face value prices.

Seems like the face value has gone up each year since 08-09. Last year they were $75 or $85 a seat in the upper reaches of the 300 level. The wife and I have managed to snag at least one game via Tocketmaster each year and bought several others via the TM resale site. I think the most we've paid for first or second round tickets was $120 a piece in '10 vs Vancouver on the secondary market.

If you're going that route and want a good deal, you have to be vigilant in your observation of those websites. You should be able to pick up a few for a reasonable amount over face value.

(Soap box: the damn things are too expensive to start with!!)

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
The face on the cheapest 300 level ticket being $120 is pretty crazy. I think STH prices are half of that.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook

I only intend to try for tickets to possible clinchers (i.e. games 5 and 7) of each round. I bid my last group of students farewell at 2:20 and am hoping there will still be tickets available. I don't like that they constantly do this in the middle of the work day.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I only intend to try for tickets to possible clinchers (i.e. games 5 and 7) of each round. I bid my last group of students farewell at 2:20 and am hoping there will still be tickets available. I don't like that they constantly do this in the middle of the work day.

When else should they do it?

Let the kids watch a movie and get on the computer.

azrael111

Oct 1, 2004
Just found out that my buddy (who's on the STH waiting list for both of us) will have a chance to by tix an hour earlier than the 10 am start) It sounded that it will be lmited to only one pair though.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Demand is just that crazy. They get that easily. I think I need to be out at this point, at least next year when I know I'll be broke.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
It's playoff sports. Of course the tickets will be pricey. The demand is there, the team is on fire, and the venue rocks.

The 300 level is also one of the best places in the house you can sit. I love watching plays develop.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
My hope is that I can get 4 late 2nd round tickets playoff tickets. If the games don't happen, I lose like $20 in TM fees. If they do, I sell 2 for like 40+ over face and and go to the game for close to nothing.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
$125 for the cheapest non-SRO for round 1
$165 in round 2

Was gonna buy 4 to try to sell 2 and take a buddy at face value and go free, but I'm not even gonna bother. Way to expensive, not gonna make much profit on the resale market, IMO.

cherrypik

Jun 2, 2010
Mundelein, IL
Seems like the face value has gone up each year since 08-09. Last year they were $75 or $85 a seat in the upper reaches of the 300 level. The wife and I have managed to snag at least one game via Tocketmaster each year and bought several others via the TM resale site. I think the most we've paid for first or second round tickets was $120 a piece in '10 vs Vancouver on the secondary market.

If you're going that route and want a good deal, you have to be vigilant in your observation of those websites. You should be able to pick up a few for a reasonable amount over face value.

(Soap box: the damn things are too expensive to start with!!)

I went though stubhub for both WCF vs SJ in 2010 and didn't spend half of what they want for face value in round 2. CRAZY prices! Hopefully they play a city that doesn't draw and I'll be traveling instead...

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
It is times like these when I'm glad my brother has a 1 year old and his wife most likely won't be going to the playoff games with him. The STH prices are about half of what they are charging for single game sales for the playoffs.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Only thing i could get was 2 SROs for Round 1 and 2---Both game 5s and it cost me a lot and probly gunna end up selling one game of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad