Confirmed with Link: 1st & 2nd round tix on sale Monday

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Good. Going to be glued to the computer Monday at noon. I've never seen a season like this where even standing room tickets are gone weeks in advance, it's been crazy.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The good part of playing Columbus or Detroit...it will be easier (and possibly cheaper) to buy tickets for road games and just drive there.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Wish I could figure out when round two will start...I have a four day weekend May 17-20 but I think that would be G3/4 of the 2nd round :(

/acknowledgement of bad karma for buying future round playoff tickets noted here

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
^^^^
So you're telling me if you had the chance to watch the hawks win the 1st or 2nd round, hell even the Cup, you wouldn't pay to see it live because of the lockout???

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
^^^^
So you're telling me if you had the chance to watch the hawks win the 1st or 2nd round, hell even the Cup, you wouldn't pay to see it live because of the lockout???

I'm sure he/she would go if handed tickets, but that person will not spend their hard-earned money to see them live due to the lockout.

I am over it. I will be going to the second round since they need to prove they can get out of the first round before I decide to shell out some dough. I will pony up for the Cup if we're so fortunate with my fund I started after I never got to go in 2010.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Anyone know the odds of getting tickets and about what they'll cost to sit on the 300 level sideline?

I'd say highly unlikely knowing how many STH there are up there but I can't really comment on that part because I have never attempted to buy Hawks playoff tickets before. On the secondary market, if you can find someone willing to part with a pair for $750, I would jump on that quickly.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Anyone know the odds of getting tickets and about what they'll cost to sit on the 300 level sideline?

I'd say highly unlikely knowing how many STH there are up there but I can't really comment on that part because I have never attempted to buy Hawks playoff tickets before. On the secondary market, if you can find someone willing to part with a pair for $750, I would jump on that quickly.

The odds are the same as every year. They are releasing he same number of tickets on Monday. It's an entire process to get through sometimes. They typically only release 300 level tickets on Monday but that may have changed.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

If anyone drops 750 for a pair in the 300 level, then they may as well tattoo 'stupid' across their forehead.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If anyone drops 750 for a pair in the 300 level, then they may as well tattoo 'stupid' across their forehead.

I'm just telling you a number based on what people are paying from my firsthand knowledge. Doctors, lawyers, they don't really seem to care. Maybe you could get them cheaper on Stubhub or something, I really don't know, I just go by word of mouth.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I'm just telling you a number based on what people are paying from my firsthand knowledge. Doctors, lawyers, they don't really seem to care. Maybe you could get them cheaper on Stubhub or something, I really don't know, I just go by word of mouth.

Right, but those kind of people tend to sit down by the ice. Anyway, it hasnt been hard to get seats in the 300 level the past few years for the playoffs. You just gotta get them right when they go on sale. They arent as good as your seats. But lets be honest, theres very few bad seats at the UC.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hey, I'd be all over that if they are out there, get multiple computers set up. You could probably grab an extra pair and flip it to pay for the ones you are using. I hope you guys all get them.

A trick I used to do is go to the library and use as many computers as possible with as many windows as possible.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Right, but those kind of people tend to sit down by the ice. Anyway, it hasnt been hard to get seats in the 300 level the past few years for the playoffs. You just gotta get them right when they go on sale. They arent as good as your seats. But lets be honest, theres very few bad seats at the UC.

When the Hawks won the Cup I had tickets in the 300 level for game 4 against the Sharks. I can't remember what tickets were going for on StubHub but I remember it was an absurd amount. I just couldn't pass up being at the game that send the Hawks to the Cup Finals though.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
We'll get early reports after they go on sale. I'll just say from many years of experience, the ticket market is very fickle. If it is a truly great year like this, the sky is the limit. Any other year, you might get them at face value or slightly above or maybe below. There have been times where I couldn't go to a Cubs game and couldn't give them away. It's ALWAYS a buyer's market except for these rare years where it is completely flip flopped and then some.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
My parents sold their tickets to the Friday night Ducks game a few weeks back for $185 each and they are in the 14th row at the blue line in the 300 level. My bro is in the corners in the 3rd row upstairs and hasn't gotten more than $140 each this year. I wouldn't be shocked if you can't get playoff tickets upstairs for less than $200 a pop this year.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
^^^^

No

I haven't spent a dime on anything Hawk-related this year nor will I. I suppose if you said Game 7 for the Cup but that's once-in-a-lifetime stuff.

Piss on the NHL owners. And I am getting fed up with all this marketing crap. Hey, I'm all for charity and helping out those in need but the Hawks sure do promote and advertise their altruistic ways. Rant over. Go Hawks.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
My parents sold their tickets to the Friday night Ducks game a few weeks back for $185 each and they are in the 14th row at the blue line in the 300 level. My bro is in the corners in the 3rd row upstairs and hasn't gotten more than $140 each this year. I wouldn't be shocked if you can't get playoff tickets upstairs for less than $200 a pop this year.

That's why you gotta get them right when they go on sale for close to face value. The secondary market is rough.

I've never bought playoff tickets. If you order round 2 tickets how does that work. Thinking about taking my chances getting those.

Ilrider

Mar 27, 2012
Chicago Burbs
That's why you gotta get them right when they go on sale for close to face value. The secondary market is rough.

I've never bought playoff tickets. If you order round 2 tickets how does that work. Thinking about taking my chances getting those.

Buying on the secondary market the day of the game can get you a good deal at times. I got 3 tickets to game 6 last year for $15 under face value per seat from a season ticket holder on Craigslist. Not the norm, but it happens. This season they will probably be high. Getting them Monday is a good idea if you can.

If you buy round 2 and the game is not played you get a refund. Dates and times will not be certain right away I don't think.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: