Value of: 1C to Carolina

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Faulk + 1st for Barrie and Duchene?

I don't see a significant difference between Barrie and Faulk. That might not be too popular, but I'm a very big Barrie fan so I'm obviously quite biased, but...whatever upgrade there is from Barrie to Faulk is not worth a Duchene for a 1st rounder in the mid range. Barrie puts up the same numbers Faulk does, so the difference between them is Faulk's superior defensive play, which I don't think is all that superior, quite frankly. Not to mention the Avs badly need to add another top four D, not just swap them.

Anyways, back to the thread, what's changed? From the off-season I was under the impression most Canes fans were cool with waiting for a centre / developing internally, while Rask, Aho, Staal, Skinner, and co held the fort? Has the offense been that bad, or is there a pressure to win now?

Reactions: 99664987

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Faulk + 1st for Barrie and Duchene?

Yeah thats godawful....

Barrie isn't much worse than Faulk (if at all. Arguably he is even better offensively while worse defensively but by approximately a similar margin..)

If the Canes want Duchene, it will cost them Hanifin...

I mean Hanifin - Faulk isn't looking great anyways as a pairing while Slavin - Pesce should be your top pairing for years to come...

Hanifin certainly is not essential for the Canes or Francis if he plays on the third pairing next to TVR anyways.

The Avs wanted Hanifin all along. And by now I hope Sakic would have stopped being crazy enough to ask for much on top...

I mean if you want to fork over Fleury, Necas and your 1st round pick instead, I guess I would take that as well.
Otherwise it still would have to be Hanifin...

I mean the Canes are not the only ones that are in a dire need of an upgrade at center right now...

I have not much faith in Sakic when it comes to playing this right but the time to trade Duchene is probably now or atleast in the near future.

And teams have to ask themselves what else they reallistically can get once Duchene is traded...

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Wouldn't give up Hanafin unless Mackinnon was coming the other way. The only way I go after Duchene is if Sakic is cool with a Bean/Fleury++ package

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Wouldn't give up Hanafin unless Mackinnon was coming the other way. The only way I go after Duchene is if Sakic is cool with a Bean/Fleury++ package

Then I am pretty sure that Duchene is not going to end up in Carolina unless it is a crazy package like Fleury + Necas+ 1st like I mentioned above...

Only way MacKinnon enters any discussions is if Slavin does as well...

Canes should ask for Galchenyuk if they are not willing to make a big deal.

They might just get him for something around Rask or Fleury...

Reactions: 99664987

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I don't see a significant difference between Barrie and Faulk. That might not be too popular, but I'm a very big Barrie fan so I'm obviously quite biased, but...whatever upgrade there is from Barrie to Faulk is not worth a Duchene for a 1st rounder in the mid range. Barrie puts up the same numbers Faulk does, so the difference between them is Faulk's superior defensive play, which I don't think is all that superior, quite frankly. Not to mention the Avs badly need to add another top four D, not just swap them.

Anyways, back to the thread, what's changed? From the off-season I was under the impression most Canes fans were cool with waiting for a centre / developing internally, while Rask, Aho, Staal, Skinner, and co held the fort? Has the offense been that bad, or is there a pressure to win now?
Don’t hate me for trying lol

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Then I am pretty sure that Duchene is not going to end up in Carolina unless it is a crazy package like Fleury + Necas+ 1st like I mentioned above...

Only way MacKinnon enters any discussions is if Slavin does as well...

Canes should ask for Galchenyuk if they are not willing to make a big deal.

They might just get him for something around Rask or Fleury...

I would consider Duchene - Hanifin swap, but I think there should be something added.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Barkov is a completely unrealistic target. Absolutely no reason for Florida to move him.
Well who are the cup caliber young (u22) Cs we could get a hold of? Because the ways I see it, there are only 5ish of them. McDavid (lol), Eichel (never), Matthews (never), Barkov (I doubt it), Draisaitl (I doubt it). Who else has the potential to be a cup-caliber 1C? I would be fine moving Slavin (if thats what it took) to get a guy like Barkov, because we have the LHD strength to cover, and we need an elite 1C.

Guys like Mackinnon I would move a guy like Hanifin+ and take a flyer on him and hope he can explode in Carolina, but as of now, he's not looking like a future cup-caliber 1C.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Not even close no way is a signed Bozak+Carrick worth Justin Faulk. Ron Francis would be asking for one of Marner/Nylander for Faulk.

I know it's a bad trade proposal but could people stop rebutting with Marner/Nylander+ as a response. Especially you. I've noticed you in a few threads.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Hes a #1 C ....on a very bad team...

Which doesn't address what the OP is looking for. Bozak was a fringe #1 C three seasons ago when he had Kessel and JVR on his wings. Currently he's an alright #2C/ good #3C which again, doesn't address what Carolina would want.

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan

Maybe at next years deadline but don't thinks that's enough right now. Duchene for Hannifin just makes to much sense to me, wish they could figure out a way to make that happen.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I know it's a bad trade proposal but could people stop rebutting with Marner/Nylander+ as a response. Especially you. I've noticed you in a few threads.
Sorry dude? But Francis isn't just giving away Faulk for scraps and Bozak+Carrick wont cut it. Got news for you Ron Francis would be asking for Marner/Nylander for Faulk and that's where the conversation would end and rightfully so.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Which doesn't address what the OP is looking for. Bozak was a fringe #1 C three seasons ago when he had Kessel and JVR on his wings. Currently he's an alright #2C/ good #3C which again, doesn't address what Carolina would want.

If Carolina wants a #1 center, I assume Slavin is going the other way.

ie. Jones for Johansen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad