1995-born age group

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
I´m very interested to know which players might be the best at the moment in the 1995 -born age group after the best players like Aleksander Barkov, Ville Husso, Juuso Ikonen, Artturi Lehkonen etc. From what I have seen, Ilves defenseman Mikke Levo is a good player. He is an intelligent defenseman and has offensive skills, plus he has played international games for Finland. Also Jokerit forward Kasperi Ojantakanen is a good player. He has good skills with the puck and a good shot. I´m looking forward to see him playing more this season. TPS defenseman Matias Pulli has played well by looking at his points; however, I haven´t seen him playing yet. Also Jimi Kuronen from HIFK is a D who I would like to see this year. Aleksi Mustonen, a forward from Jokerit, is a player who has good potential.
I haven’t seen guys like Antonen, Levo or Koivistoinen yet this season, so hard to exactly say who the top 95’s are at the moment. Matias Pulli is in some ways like Sami Vatanen; a small defenseman who plays with his right hand down, skates well and has a good skill level. He could develop into a fine puck moving defenseman, if he grows some height and adapts a bit better to playing defence (he played forward before). Kuronen and Mustonen aren’t among my favourites. I like Tappara defenseman Atte Mäkinen a lot, he’s not quite putting it altogether yet but there are glimpses of greatness in his game.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Not always fair to look back on some of these - since I'm sure that there are many projections that I've made that have turned out to be way off the mark.

But with Honka likely to go in the first or second rounds this year this post from 2010 seemed amusing.

Can someone tell me, how the hell can a DEFENDER the size of Honka play against forwards like Koivistoinen and Lahtinen?!? That's just ridiculous :laugh:

As a Jokerit fan I'm naturally interested in our juniors, so can someone tell me something about Kuronen, Mustonen, Lahtinen, Ojantakainen and Kivelä? Also would like to hear about the 96-born(?) Jokerit twins. Finland's Sedins? :handclap:

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Not always fair to look back on some of these - since I'm sure that there are many projections that I've made that have turned out to be way off the mark.

But with Honka likely to go in the first or second rounds this year this post from 2010 seemed amusing.

Haha, I remember this conversation, just a few years ago Honka was tiny, like 5'1, 110. Not many would have seen him possibly going in the first round back then :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad