GDT: #19|Pens @ Islanders|Sat, Feb. 27- 2021|7:00PM|NVMC|Do You Need Somethin' To Keep You Cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Laff scores his first tonight?

4880877.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is Friedman able to play tonight? or we gonna troll the Flyers and play him then?
I honestly didn't even see the claim for him. Literally don't know a damn thing about the lad. I'll have to dig through multiple scouting reports and videos to get a fair read.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why does it appear that way? The majority of our games have been against the Caps and Isles so inherently we are losing points every loss or OT win to them.

Once we start getting to play other teams we will begin to get 2 pts without giving them any.

we’ll see ...we have a terrible record against the Devils and haven’t played great against the Sabres recently either...no sure wins there...rn the Pens aren’t giving me vibes that they’re going to do anything special...

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I honestly didn't even see the claim for him. Literally don't know a damn thing about the lad. I'll have to dig through multiple scouting reports and videos to get a fair read.

Per Pensburgh, from some media dude who watched him for 3 years:

"Friedman is probably a JAG (just a guy). He’s had a long road to the NHL, taking three years at Bowling Green after getting drafted (in Ron Hextall’s first draft in charge of the Flyers) and spending two more full seasons with the Phantoms. No one can deny he has worked hard to get here, which fits his style of play on the ice. He’s small, which naturally some will hold against him, but he’s definitely got some toughness and physicality that offsets that. He’s a pretty good skater, too. I’m just ... not sure he’s got NHL-level skill. He’s just kinda OK at most things.

He’s not a particularly interesting or exciting player despite the decent physical talent. Not much offense to his game; he’s not a negative with the puck on his stick or anything but he’s not exactly a human highlight reel. His defensive abilities aren’t bad, but not special either. He never looked out of place in his NHL time, but he never really seemed to pop, and I know his on-ice numbers in those limited games were not very good (obvious small sample size caveat here).

I became somewhat skeptical of him becoming any kind of impact NHLer because I always saw him as a guy who won at the AHL level by just outworking dudes, and at the NHL level where everyone is faster and bigger and harder-working and more skilled, I just didn’t know if that was going to work out."

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
we’ll see ...we have a terrible record against the Devils and haven’t played great against the Sabres recently either...no sure wins there...rn the Pens aren’t giving me vibes that they’re going to do anything special...
If we don't run the table on an injury decimated Sabres squad then we don't deserve a spot in the top 16. Especially now that Sheary the Penguin Killer is a Cap...

Reactions: Andy99

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
I think we go 12+possible points against the Devils,Sabres,Islanders, Rangers & Capitals. We will most likely split the series with the Flyers and Bruins with our advantage at home.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol....this is horrible...I should have added that, besides a negative goal differential, we also have the fewest ROW of any East “contender”....

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just don't see this team getting into a groove without Zucker. They may keep it close and steal some W's but like i said, this is gonna be tough sleddin' without Zucks.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Well...

Whats the betting at tonight?

Took the rags last night in regulation... not sure where to go today....

Game wise, penguins 1 gp less - 2 points behind the isles in the stats, cryers tied for points with pens but they have 2 games in hand.... (could be good / could be bad)
Pens taking this to OT is not the desirable outcome tonight.
I’m going with Barzal over 2.5 shots. +125

hskey

Apr 7, 2009
Glad to see McCann back, he's way more suited for a top 6 role than ZAR. Let's try to stay positive today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad