GDT: #19|Pens @ Islanders|Sat, Feb. 27- 2021|7:00PM|NVMC|Do You Need Somethin' To Keep You Cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Offensively he is very creative and has made some interesting highlight reel worthy plays.

Defensively he is nothing spectacular, like he can bend but not break in a second pairing role. As long as he has a fairly strong, responsible parter he can definitely fit.

I could see him being a real x-factor type player in the playoffs that might do well in the midst of chaos. I have been happy with him since his return.

His skating out of the d-zone, and really skating through the neutral zone and into the offensive zone has been impressive.

Reactions: Ignatius

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
"We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness.

I don't know if any genuine, meaningful change could ever result from a song. It's kind of like throwing peanuts at a gorilla."
- Tom Waits

Quickly curated snippets. I love that man.
Belongs to the music thread, but let me have your.... top 3 T.W albums. Man, that's just impossible.

Tom-Waits-tom-waits-29184986-250-186.gif

Small Change
Alice
Rain Dogs

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
God's away, God's away, God's away

On business

Business

Last edited:

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Man, I was hoping it the next game would be Washington in a neutral location!

Great GDT, hopefully we can play just a bit better and win this one:

-Vibranium sticks from Tony Stark on the way!
-Even with the line shuffles... Geno continues to look better. Jarry is looking better.
-Defense just needs a little more structure and continued back checking. (1 more goal~ No pen within 4 feet... Shot from 6 feet away.)
-I really hope we go back to line 3, and just put any other body on L2. We can at least have 2 decent lines.
-Line 5 ooof... I think with Covid/budget, Sully/Hex are just going to jumble parts. I don't think they will trade for 3rd/4th liners.

@JTG ~ Sorry you had COVID, that shit sucks and I'm glad you are feeling better.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pretty much a must win game, both actually.

agree...3 points would work though...we’re usually shitty on the second of the b2b nights and tomorrow’s game is at 5 pm and doesn’t even give us 24 hours turn around, unlike other teams playing b2b this weekend

Reactions: 66-30-33

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I hope McCann is able to play tonight; one less completely useless forward in the lineup.

We desperately need another top 6 winger; hopefully McCann can hold down the fort there until Hextall finds a former Flyers’ player that he drafted to acquire.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i'd rather give o'connor another look than keep trotting out sceviour

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It appears the Pens will be battling the Isles for the last PO spot...and it’s not looking great...Caps and Flyers are better goal scoring teams and Boston and Isles are better defensive teams with better goaltending...indeed, the Pens are the only team in contention in the East with a negative goal differential...these games this weekend are critical...

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
It appears the Pens will be battling the Isles for the last PO spot...and it’s not looking great...Caps and Flyers are better goal scoring teams and Boston and Isles are better defensive teams with better goaltending...indeed, the Pens are the only team in contention in the East with a negative goal differential...these games this weekend are critical...

Not that I disagree with you, but to be fair we also have not played New Jersey or Buffalo yet. We have played the Rangers 4 times but the rest is just against the top 4.

The Caps for example have played a total of 7 games against them so far

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Why does it appear that way? The majority of our games have been against the Caps and Isles so inherently we are losing points every loss or OT win to them.

Once we start getting to play other teams we will begin to get 2 pts without giving them any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad