Post-Game Talk: #19 | Flames at Flyers | November 21, 2022 | 7:00 PM |

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Arguing about who is a better center, Cates or Frost, is silly. Hockey fans should have more significant things to do.
There are bigger fish to fry. This club is ass. The ‘67 expansion bunch had more talent. The issue is how to improve it. So when are the PTB going to be be held accountable for the mess that they created? Then when is the drek on the team going to be sent packing?
Winter is always a pain in the ass but the Flyers were a bright spot to help you through it. This bunch makes you pine for the Phillies ST way too soon.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Arguing about who is a better center, Cates or Frost, is silly. Hockey fans should have more significant things to do.
There are bigger fish to fry. This club is ass. The ‘67 expansion bunch had more talent. The issue is how to improve it. So when are the PTB going to be be held accountable for the mess that they created? Then when is the drek on the team going to be sent packing?
Winter is always a pain in the ass but the Flyers were a bright spot to help you through it. This bunch makes you pine for the Phillies ST way too soon.

There is no more joy left. They used to bring you a spectrum of emotion, some heartbreaking playoff losses but they were always in it. Almost always in the mix.

Now there is just hate. Only hate. This is what this GM and this teams council of ass clowns has done to a once proud franchise.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
There is no more joy left. They used to bring you a spectrum of emotion, some heartbreaking playoff losses but they were always in it. Almost always in the mix.

Now there is just hate. Only hate. This is what this GM and this teams council of ass clowns has done to a once proud franchise.
I've had the unfortunate experience of starting to follow this team/hockey around 2011-2012. Hockey and Baseball were the sports I followed the least as a kid (80's/90's). But I loved playing street hockey, and tried to watch it on the rare occasions it was on TV.

During the 2000's I kind of got away from sports in general, then HBO did that goddamned Road to the Winter Classic thing. I was hooked. Sort of fell in love with the sport again, and also the Flyers. The history, reputation, whole nine.

Started watching most every game. Saw that awesome 2012 playoff series against Pittsburgh. I was ready to buy my Danny B jersey. He was the best thing since sliced bread.

Then the next year happened. Then Vinny. Then Mason. Then Hexy. Then Hak. Then...now. there are too many things to list, and I'm not saying all those were bad.

I just can't believe where I'm at now vs where I started as a fan. I feel like a Browns fan, or something. I've never rooted for a team in my life that made me actively hate them.

I need a "that's just mean man" gif from Payback here lol

Fire everyone from Scott on down. Make it happen Roberts. Until then, I look forward to Chuck getting promoted and Danny B taking the reins, and nothing changing at all. Whatever

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Patrick Thorensen!

Lasse Kukkonen is also a shit blocking blast from the past.
But according to a certain Flyers coach Lasse didn't understand the concept of a team :D

He finished out his career being known for a team-first guy who laid his body in between the goal and the hardest shots around..

Should still have gotten 5 more seasons in the NHL. Some of the guys who got to play ahead of him...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
giphy.gif

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Frost is obviously overrated, it took Cates two weeks to become a better center with MacEwen as his RW, Nuff said. He's 23, let's can the excuses, Torts is giving him enough rope to hang himself (professionally), at some point you have to do it.
Cates is also 23, and he is currently producing 1.05 P/60 at 5on5 after 49 games, just barely ahead of MacEwen. And yet all deadhead can do is make excuses for his lack of offense. At what point does Cates have to start producing like a top 6 forward or even a 3rd liner, and not at the level of a 4th line meathead like ZMac?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad