Post-Game Talk: #19|Canucks vs. Penguins| 4-1 Win - Yes, but can they do it against an NHL team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Another well played game.
Sid could have had a 2 or 3 goal night by a matter of inches...
Looked good. Things are good.

They desperately needed to string together a few wins. Still not even locked in a wild card spot, which... as time flies... it's already the end of the first quarter mark of the season. This little run helped them get further away from the bottom.

Crazy.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I'd rather we play. The Habs also have a back to back, they're in Buffalo tomorrow night.
Still why would the NHL even consider postponing the game? Why are some people thinking they might? Is there a huge storm about to knock out the arena? I must be missing something.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
What, two points in seven games? Let's give him another month, eh? :rolleyes:
Nah let's bench the captain or trade him...he sucks...right? Right? Let's not give him any chance to play through his struggles, why would anyone think he deserves that.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
2021-22 New York Islanders Injuries - NHL

That, combined with the Isles already having requested not to play last night. They were forced to. Plus reportedly a few teams have voiced concerns about playing them like this. Pens may be one of them.
So because they have a long list of injuries, they should catch a break? The Pens never get that chance, so why should the Isles? If they can't ice a full team, that is their problem, not the Pens and not the NHL. If a few of these guys are out because of Covid, it also doesn't make sense that they would postpone the game, because they stated at the start of the season that they will not be postponing games due to Covid. Sucks for the Isles, but it is what it is.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
we are 8th in the East?
Yup one point up on Detroit with 2 games in hand...but they are only 2 points up on Boston (3 games in hand), NJ (2 games in hand) and Filthy (1 game in hand). So yeah every game is basically must win for at least another week or so...too bad CDS will get at least one game.

Reactions: Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
So because they have a long list of injuries, they should catch a break? The Pens never get that chance, so why should the Isles? If they can't ice a full team, that is their problem, not the Pens and not the NHL. If a few of these guys are out because of Covid, it also doesn't make sense that they would postpone the game, because they stated at the start of the season that they will not be postponing games due to Covid. Sucks for the Isles, but it is what it is.
What? They already postponed 3 games for Ottawa because of Covid.

Ottawa Senators Schedule

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They postponed OTT because they couldnt field a NHL and AHL roster because of Covid….I haven’t heard the same for the Isles

EDIT: according to Capfriendly, Isles currently only have 6 in Protocol and one of them is Bellows who Trotz won’t play anyway lol

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I can’t see Carolina winning the cup. Their D is going to get eaten alive in the playoffs.
Their D is better this season than last season. The Tony DeAngelo signing was genius (he has probably been better than Hamilton if you can believe that) and they brought in Ian Cole who is insanely underrated (but old). Brady Skjei is their week point though, and I will never understand what he ever did to get that insane contract he has. If they can trade Skjei, upgrading that position, while figuring out how to apologize to the NHL refs (OMG do they hate CAR) that is a dangerous team. They are very deep with elite goaltending.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They postponed OTT because they couldnt field a NHL and AHL roster because of Covid….I haven’t heard the same for the Isles

EDIT: according to Capfriendly, Isles currently only have 6 in Protocol and one of them is Bellows who Trotz won’t play anyway lol

D'AWWWWW poor wittle Iwanders.

Have they tried crosschecking COVID in the face while it's down on the ice after the play? Seems like it works for them most other times.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
In a season with a multi-week break due to the Olympics, I think the league's absolute last resort is to postpone games.

Though some TSN guys seem to be floating ideas that some countries may pull out of participation. Weirdly cryptic stuff being tweeted about "Well, I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but if it did happen and countries pulled out of the games... This is probably what the NHL would do with the break."

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
HFBoards when the Pens lineup is decimated by Covid/Injuries and loses some games:
happy-gilmore-run.gif

HFBoards when the lineup starts to get healthy and they win 4 in a row:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

So much quality out though.

Pulock, Pelech, Lee, Nelson, Bailey, Dobson etc...

Never go full Penguins

Well, the bright side is our 1st line will be less likely to get back trauma in front of the net.

Reactions: RSPens

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Dumo would probably be a huge add to Edmonton. I'd definitely want them to be giving it to us at a premium price. So whatever you think he's worth with a little add on there side.

@Gurglesons

I think if Dumo is moved this season, we would be looking more or less at a Muzzin type of return.
Kings got a 1st rounder, a player drafted by Toronto in the 2nd round and another lower ranked prospect.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad