Post-Game Talk: #19|Canucks vs. Penguins| 4-1 Win - Yes, but can they do it against an NHL team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Canucks were so bad that I have no idea how they got so many shots. Jarry was very good but so few of those shots looked menacing. Nice win but if it means Rust is going to stay on PP1 all season it might be a Pyrrhic one.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Did you just say he is hurting his legacy after a 7 game stretch? Go get some air dude. That is just asinine.
He also sucked out loud last years playoffs. He's been trending downward for quite some time actually. That's if we're being honest about it.

Reactions: wgknestrick

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
The only thing I'm worried about is how long will this last?

Rodrigues has been great, but how long will that realistically last? Will Crosby break off his slow start and start carrying the team like he's paid to do? Will Malkin be back? I feel like at some point something has got to give and the guys that are expected to pick up the slack better or else this team is in big trouble.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The only thing I'm worried about is how long will this last?

Rodrigues has been great, but how long will that realistically last? Will Crosby break off his slow start and start carrying the team like he's paid to do? Will Malkin be back? I feel like at some point something has got to give and the guys that are expected to pick up the slack better or else this team is in big trouble.
Yeah and how long can Jarry do this?
The good news is there's plenty of guys who could realistically have an uptick in scoring to compensate for a few guys regressing...
Crosby, Carter, Kap, Rust, Zucker

Would be nice to get more blue line goals as well. We have 4 in 19 games from them.
Last year we had 28 in 56 games.

It's not all on the Forwards.

Reactions: wgknestrick

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Jarry could also be the kind of goalie that thrives on having His Net and seeing a ton of shots instead of platooning. :dunno: It's really hard to say, given how little he's actually played in the NHL.

Reactions: Sideline

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Marino has to shoot more and Matheson on the third pairing misses Ceci that freed him up to be more aggressive in the O Zone. Ruhwedel is playing well but is not a 82 game guy. Like Ceci but not at 3.25 million per. New management will have some impact on spending as to extensions on Letang and Malkin. Three year deals at total of 16 million is what they should offer. Anything more, wonderful parting gifts and go sign younger players. I would like to see to see compensation picks for teams losing players based on new contracts. Not that it would make up for it, but at least you can off set some losses depending on who one signs and for what on the other side.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
The Canucks were so bad that I have no idea how they got so many shots. Jarry was very good but so few of those shots looked menacing. Nice win but if it means Rust is going to stay on PP1 all season it might be a Pyrrhic one.
I took a brief look at their game thread out of curiosity, and man things look grim over there. Praying Green gets fired, they think that his continued employment is dividing the locker room, as Horvat has to lend him support on the outside while other players have shut him out. Of course they are likewise mystified how Benning is still in a job, like the rest of us, but they’re actively talking about what they can get for Pettersson before his value tanks.

All in all some sad stuff, and a picture of an organization that I thought had rebuilt but still isn’t good enough. Stuck in limbo. I hope that’s not us, when the end of this core comes.

edit; I wonder what they would part with Miller for. If we ever move Rust or Zuck

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Rodrigues may instead continue to improve...

He could, but you shouldn't depend on a 28 year old bottom-six winger who's career high in goals is 9.

Yes, he's been great this season and already matched last season's total in under half the games, but who says that lasts? The team should enjoy it while it lasts but nothing lasts forever.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Speaking of the Great Ape, I don't think hes ever had a serious injury that kept him out for a season or a lengthy amount of time. I can't recall.

when you get that special “protein” drink from Russia that’s not detectable in your UAs, it really helps keep you healthy and you bounce back quickly from injury….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad