Post-Game Talk: #19|Canucks vs. Penguins| 4-1 Win - Yes, but can they do it against an NHL team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Anyone who thinks Dumo is bringing back a huge return, i.e. more than a 1st + 2nd, is viewing him through a pretty skewed lens.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Nah let's bench the captain or trade him...he sucks...right? Right? Let's not give him any chance to play through his struggles, why would anyone think he deserves that.
Let's be clear here ok? I never once said or intimated that he should be benched. NEVER! And I seriously doubt he gets traded. As far as him sucking however, well, lets say he's playing well well below his customary level. And it's not just this season, last years playoffs he did next to nothing as well. He's had ample chance to turn it around, and rest assured he'll have plenty of chances moving forward. All I'm saying is maybe he's not at an elite level anymore. And the numbers decidedly reflect that.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Let's be clear here ok? I never once said or intimated that he should be benched. NEVER! And I seriously doubt he gets traded. As far as him sucking however, well, lets say he's playing well well below his customary level. And it's not just this season, last years playoffs he did next to nothing as well. He's had ample chance to turn it around, and rest assured he'll have plenty of chances moving forward. All I'm saying is maybe he's not at an elite level anymore. And the numbers decidedly reflect that.
Okay let's be clear then...the Pens win 4 games in a row and you can't appreciate that, you have to look for little things to nitpick and complain about. Oh no they coughed up 5 points in November, who cares that they just took 8/8 right? Okay so your gripe is with Sid's production, what do you propose they do? You wouldn't bench him and you doubt he'd be traded. Carter is already taking faceoffs over him, so do you play ERod over him and bump Sid to the 3rd? 4th? No, you let Sid play through it and if he's not top 3 in points on the team at the end of the season then you can be concerned.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Okay let's be clear then...the Pens win 4 games in a row and you can't appreciate that, you have to look for little things to nitpick and complain about. Oh no they coughed up 5 points in November, who cares that they just took 8/8 right? Okay so your gripe is with Sid's production, what do you propose they do? You wouldn't bench him and you doubt he'd be traded. Carter is already taking faceoffs over him, so do you play ERod over him and bump Sid to the 3rd? 4th? No, you let Sid play through it and if he's not top 3 in points on the team at the end of the season then you can be concerned.
They won four games, want a cookie? They coughed up five points that should have been gimmies! The conference is tough, one point squandered is bad but five points leaves you hanging by a thread. And I'll bet a lot of money that won't be the only time we have such results. And those five points were squandered in very short period of time. It's one thing if you blow such games over the course of an entire season, but to do so in what a couple weeks? That's very damaging as well as discouraging. To anyone who understands the predicament we're in that is.

On Sid, you don't do anything with him that you normally wouldn't do. I'm merely suggesting he's not playing anywhere near an elite level. And now instead of giving him a month you want to give him until the end of the season. No one is proposing we bench him nor is anyone saying Erod is the answer. Well, I'm certainly not!

Also, if he's top three on the team in points? Are you kidding me? Is that all you expect from the guy? An all time great finishing 3rd in scoring on this team? Boy do you set the bar low. Why not bow down at his feet while you're at it. Despite missing all those games if he's elite he should be head and shoulders our leading scorer by the end of the season. Currently his Points per game is a disgrace! I'm sure he'll do better, I mean, he can't do much worse. Still, being good and being elite are decidedly different. Maybe you interpret serviceable or good as elite.

Last edited:

RSPens

May 25, 2015
They won four games, want a cookie? They coughed up five points that should have been gimmies! The conference is tough, one point squandered is bad but five points leaves you hanging by a thread. And I'll bet a lot of money that won't be the only time we have such results. And those five points were squandered in very short period of time. It's one thing if you blow such games over the course of an entire season, but to do so in what a couple weeks? That's very damaging as well as discouraging. To anyone who understands the predicament we're in that is.

On Sid, you don't do anything with him that you normally wouldn't do. I'm merely suggesting he's not playing anywhere near an elite level. And now instead of giving him a month you want to give him until the end of the season. No one is proposing we bench him nor is anyone saying Erod is the answer. Well, I'm certainly not!

Also, if he's top three on the team in points? Are you kidding me? Is that all you expect from the guy? An all time great finishing 3rd in scoring on this team? Boy do you set the bar low. Why not bow down at his feet while you're at it. Despite missing all those games if he's elite he should be head and shoulders our leading scorer by the end of the season. Currently his Points per game is a disgrace! I'm sure he'll do better, I mean, he can't do much worse. Still, being good and being elite are decidedly different. Maybe you interpret serviceable or good as elite.
I would much rather have a brief slump in mid November then in mid March. So no, those 5 points don't matter much, especially since the team has barely played any games against their own division.

I said top 3 on the team for a specific reason...he has been top 3 on the team every season since 2011. I would say that is a pretty fair mark to measure him against...but nah...not good enough for Mr. Negative.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017

It must be so trying to be a "fan" if you have these thoughts. Imagine if you were a season ticket holder and actually invested financially.

I am a season ticket holder and there have been some really fun games. And some stinkers. I just move on. I don't write long posts about it.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I would much rather have a brief slump in mid November then in mid March. So no, those 5 points don't matter much, especially since the team has barely played any games against their own division.

I said top 3 on the team for a specific reason...he has been top 3 on the team every season since 2011. I would say that is a pretty fair mark to measure him against...but nah...not good enough for Mr. Negative.
Top three on his own team and considering the other all world player is out doesn't seem like a lofty bar to set. Not for a generational talent that is. I don't know I'd compare his numbers to the likes of McDavid, Ovechkin, Draisaitl and such, you know top players, where's he at with those guys? And to be clear I'm talking bout points per game. Heck he's having trouble keeping up with guys like ZAR and Erod.

Points don't matter much in NOV eh? Let's re visit the matter come TDL shall we? EVERY point matters. Unless of course you're a world beater and have such a cushion (which clearly we don't). And again, it won't be the only time this season we'll lose to such teams. We just cannot afford to do so. Beyond that IF we make the playoffs we'd get a lower seed and be a glorified pinata for one of the division winners. Boy that sounds appetizing.

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It must be so trying to be a "fan" if you have these thoughts. Imagine if you were a season ticket holder and actually invested financially.

I am a season ticket holder and there have been some really fun games. And some stinkers. I just move on. I don't write long posts about it.
Considering I'm nowhere near what you would construe as a typical ''fan'' you're right, I'm not a season ticket holder. I go for free whenever the hell I want and sit with the stuffed shirts in the cool seats. But you keep grinding it out, I'm sure the organIzation appreciates ''fans'' such as yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad