Post-Game Talk: #19| Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | February 25th | 7:00 PM | F/W 7-2

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I just hope they win 2 of the next 3. They really have to start gaining ground, as there isn't as much of a cushion for the remaining season. I also suspect that some teams won't complete the 56 games, so the league will use points %.

It may be more beneficial just to sweep the Pens over the weekend, as I can't see them winning 3 straight against the Bs and Pens; the Pens pose more of a threat to that last playoff spot.
We are not firing on all cylinders yet. Every game has too many lapses or letdowns of effort. The loss to Pens last game is the effort and execution required to win if a few finishing goals are included in the mix.
1/3 of the season over. Step on the gas, I don't want to come down to the last few games with the playoffs still unsecured.
LGI

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Let’s hope they continue their dominance over teams that start with B.

(why do they have trouble with teams that start with P?)

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
We are not firing on all cylinders yet. Every game has too many lapses or letdowns of effort. The loss to Pens last game is the effort and execution required to win if a few finishing goals are included in the mix.
1/3 of the season over. Step on the gas, I don't want to come down to the last few games with the playoffs still unsecured.
LGI
It's so rare for a team to fire on all cylinders, especially over many games. It's always a grind to get a W.

Reactions: MJF

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Have we ever?

If I listen to the majority of people around here that perfect game you're looking for is unattainable.
There have been about 2 almost perfect games this season. One was opening night. The other was like the second game against Buffalo. Of course they follow up these near gems with complete disasters, but hey. Isles.

Reactions: BTrotts19

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm thinking 4-1 Bruins.

I don't want to say I'm okay with a loss, but as long as they don't look completely lost against such a great team that is on a roll...I can swallow it.

It's going to be really hard to beat this team 3 in a row. Just need to feel good about this game going into the weekend for some revenge on the flightless birds.

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
I like our chances. Like many, I would like to see a solid effort, a good showing in all periods(2nd period), solid D, and a tough team to play against. Another win by us could really start getting in their heads, especially if a playoff meeting happens. Pasta is back, but I think their defense may be missing some players. Roll all 4 lines attacking in waves. LGI

Reactions: buud

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
I don't want to say I'm okay with a loss, but as long as they don't look completely lost against such a great team that is on a roll...I can swallow it.

It's going to be really hard to beat this team 3 in a row. Just need to feel good about this game going into the weekend for some revenge on the flightless birds.
Boston has 6 regulation wins in 16 games... maybe not best to start with the “it’s ok we lost” talk before the game has even begun.

Reactions: Axe Man and TMI

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
This team is playing better hockey than their record shows. I don’t know if it’s puck luck or general lack of finishing ability (probably a combination of both) but they’re generating a ton of chances game in and game out.

no the defense hasn’t been necessarily as good this year but goals against aren’t our issue. LGI

predicting a wahlstrom goal tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad