OT 19/3: Live Sports. ESPN+ Originals. The Exclusive Home of the Complete 30 for 30 Library. Exclusive Articles and Tools. Top Leagues and Tournaments.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Ducktails, Darkwing Duck, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, & Space Jam are all back or coming back.

Are we just starting over from the 90's again?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Anyone got any idea where I can get a Lightning jersey circa 1999? I have a Lecavalier jersey already but having his old duds would be absolutely sweet

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
HUWokvK.jpg

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Time to check if your mail ballots made it. Every Florida county allows voters to check online the status of their mail ballot. There's been some suspicion of voter suppression in Miami-Dade.

Find your Supervisor of Elections by list- Florida Division of Elections - Department of State

If you mailed yours a while ago, and they haven't even received it, then you can still fill out a provisional ballot at the polls.
Mine got counted within a couple days of mailing it fortunately!

Reactions: Felonious Python

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Waited 5 hours to vote 'Save Quibi' on every write in slot.

Hopefully politicians will get the message now.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't really see why Season 5 of the Eric Andre Show needed to be made.

It has funny bits, but there isn't anything wildly new. If anything, it's a bit repetitive. Hannibal is missed.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Franchise Hockey Manager 6 is $2 on Steam right now.

edit: I put quite a few hours in last night and this morning. It's scuffed Eastside Hockey Manager. Just play that (with the Steamworks additions of real rosters, logos, and face packs). Six iterations of Franchise and it's still not as good or intuitive.

For $2, sure, but Franchise strains under the weight of being a hockey game. I don't look at the NHL. I tried the ECHL. Bootleg rules to approximate a development league. Ended up not being able to play a game after some recalls, and restarted with Syracuse. Should be easier. Can't PTO the ECHL. Can't sign them either for some reason.

Took over the Swift Current Broncos. My Eastside thing is that I find the real life last place team in a league I want to play and build that team. Swift Current was last in all of Major Junior. WHL is a bit trickier to implement plans because of a bantam draft, so you've got two years before any of your picks even reach your lineup. Ok, so I need free agents (which exist) to sort of float the team in the meantime. Doesn't list any. Apparently no one drops anybody. The 20% of WHL players who never got drafted don't exist.

None of these things are issues in Eastside, although that game ain't perfect either. Probably because the base is Football Manager, and having lots of different rule quirks is in line with soccer, whereas Franchise is probably built on OOTP Baseball. A very different sport.

There are a few quality of life improvements in Franchise over Eastside. Having the AI assign the scouts is theoretically useful, although it didn't assign anyone specifically to the Bantam or Import Draft, but if a casual fan decides to play DEL2, where are they even supposed to look, you know?

Franchise Hockey Manager 6 also respects the Solar Bears colors.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
So Franchise Hockey Manager is a bit bland since it doesn't have a soundtrack or anything. As I do with EHM, I put on Spotify or something.

Spotify has THE WORST yacht rock playlist I've ever heard. It's not that the music is bad, it's that so much of it is nyacht yacht.

You know who plays yacht rock? Publix. The yacht rock legends. Michael McDonald, K-Loggs, Christopher Cross.

Ghostbusters theme is not yacht. I'm sorry Spotify.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Finally my interests have aligned

I find it weird when my Twitter follows from different spheres start to like or retweet each other. Like Urban Planners commenting on something Slava Malamud said or video game people liking tweets from Bruce Arthur.

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Great game
It is, although if you missed it, you missed it. Today's Epic Games giveaway is Oddworld: New n' Tasty. They'll be doing this at least through Christmas I would imagine.

A smaller game announcement in the past few days that made me take notice was 'Endless Dungeon'. Boring name, but it seems like a semi-sequel to Dungeon of the Endless (the devs are a bit coy), which is one of those smaller titles that's been one of my favorite games the past few years.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Today's Epic Games giveaway is Alien: Isolation. One of the rare great licensed games. If you're a fan of the 1979 original in particular, I think you'll appreciate the love the developers seem to have for it.

Despite being a mostly linear first person horror game, it somehow clocks in at like 15 hours. Beefy. It felt like I was playing the original and then the sequel after a bit of a fake ending midway through. However, that does mean it kind of wears out its welcome. How many times can you really play cat-and-mouse with a Xenomorph before you sort of 'get it'?

I also saw that Epic is giving away a game every day through the end of the month, so lots to look forward to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad