Prospect Info: #181OA - Hurricanes Select RW Kevin Wall

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Bust. Calling it now.
I dunno man, this seems like a good pick. I like wall.

arturs-irbe-of-the-carolina-hurricanes-poses-for-a-portrait-in-north-picture-id625695

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
I like this pick. Will be a success, calling it now.

Good call. :sarcasm:

I think he really could be a player in the NHL.

Kid leads the otherwise awful Penn state team in goals and points, and everytime I have watched his games I've been impressed by his forecheck, skating and shooting. I think he could improve his play away from the puck, but even that's minor.

The sooner he signs with us and gets to hone his skills in AHL, the better. Watching Penn state is terrible. :banghead:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Gonna have to start keeping a list of guys whose rights we let expire...trading down for more draft capital does no good if we're not going to trade those assets for more valuable pieces OR sign them eventually.
They're lottery tickets. You can't trade lottery tickets once they've already busted. The point is not to trade them for value; the point is to actually get a serviceable player for almost zero cost.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Gonna have to start keeping a list of guys whose rights we let expire...trading down for more draft capital does no good if we're not going to trade those assets for more valuable pieces OR sign them eventually.

CapFriendly is pretty much doing that already:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
They're lottery tickets. You can't trade lottery tickets once they've already busted. The point is not to trade them for value; the point is to actually get a serviceable player for almost zero cost.
I don’t know that this guy is a bust. Of course he’s likely at best a bottom sixer but that’s cheap labor and exactly what you hope for in a late round pick. He produced at a decent level, if we had a full team to fill out this guy likely gets a chance and maybe spends time in the echl. He’s there for depth if we need.

I could be wrong, we’ll see if someone signs him by fall.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I don’t know that this guy is a bust. Of course he’s likely at best a bottom sixer but that’s cheap labor and exactly what you hope for in a late round pick. He produced at a decent level, if we had a full team to fill out this guy likely gets a chance and maybe spends time in the echl. He’s there for depth if we need.

I could be wrong, we’ll see if someone signs him by fall.
yep. I could see this guy being another Steven Lorentz type. I don't think he necessarily has the speed to be another McLovin but that's who he reminded me of the most with his defensive game and propensity for shorties.

He'll get signed by someone.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
He certainly could be a victim of the squeeze of the Chicago situation. He doesn't really seem like he's anything special at this point for a 23-year-old. I feel like when I've looked at it before, he also seems to get a lot of his kinda meh overall production from lesser opponents. Seems like he might carve out a Patrick Brown-like career potentially but not sure much more than that.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
He certainly could be a victim of the squeeze of the Chicago situation. He doesn't really seem like he's anything special at this point for a 23-year-old. I feel like when I've looked at it before, he also seems to get a lot of his kinda meh overall production from lesser opponents. Seems like he might carve out a Patrick Brown-like career potentially but not sure much more than that.
Clearly, Not having an affiliate hurts player development as well and may give players pause in leaving college (ie Morrow). I hope Dundon figures this out soon......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad