GDT: #18 | Pens vs Sens | Sat Nov 17 @7PM est | SN, CITY, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Our family is doing their Thanksgiving thing tonight since both my sister and I have to work the holiday. Usually I'd put the game on in the background as there are multiple Penguins fans in the family. But Thanksgiving can be contentious enough without introducing another caustic element to the mix so I'll be passing on this one. So, uh.. get out there and try not to embarrass yourselves too bad in a loss, fellas. That's about the extent of my enthusiasm, right now.
tumblr_mww25oEk351ru5h8co1_500.gif

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
It's really disappointing to see so many people turn on Sullivan and want him out. The guy comes in and repairs the COMPLETE mess left by Mike Johnston, wins back-to-back Cups and then gets us to round 2, losing in 6 to the eventual champions. He brought back the high octane offensive style that made this team exciting for years.

I mean, what does a guy have to f***ing do to earn a little faith/respect? 3peat? Yeah, I don't agree with all of his lineup decisions either, but he sure as hell gets the most out of the team when it matters most. We're .500. The damage can be repaired in like a week.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's really disappointing to see so many people turn on Sullivan and want him out. The guy comes in and repairs the COMPLETE mess left by Mike Johnston, wins back-to-back Cups and then gets us to round 2, losing in 6 to the eventual champions. He brought back the high octane offensive style that made this team exciting for years.

I mean, what does a guy have to ****ing do to earn a little faith/respect? 3peat? Yeah, I don't agree with all of his lineup decisions either, but he sure as hell gets the most out of the team when it matters most. We're .500. The damage can be repaired in like a week.

I think he needs to play Sprong, TB and Riikola if I’m reading the room right.

But, I’ve always been bad at comprehension.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

I mean, what does a guy have to ****ing do to earn a little faith/respect? 3peat? Yeah, I don't agree with all of his lineup decisions either, but he sure as hell gets the most out of the team when it matters most. We're .500. The damage can be repaired in like a week.
LegitimateSpanishAfghanhound-size_restricted.gif

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

All that success went to his head. He wants to win his way and only his way. He needs to adapt the gameplan to the players he has. Also, he's got away from giving younger guys a chance which was refreshing when he first came in opposed to Mike Johnston.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Let's contemplate this a minute...we have lost 7 of 8 and have no depth scoring, and Sheahan and Cullen are two of of our worst offenders and Sprong was playing with them primarily when he got his 6 minutes on the ice...and yet Sprong is scratched again today against a mediocre Senators team....that tells you that Mackey and DK are right and that Sprong is being aggressively traded and they don't want him injured or something, and that he'll never play here again...this is absolutely bonkers...and his not getting a second chance is all because of Sullivan...

See Reaves, Cole, etc....
Anyone who thinks Sully is not stubborn, narrow minded and inflexible both on and off the ice, bad traits for longterm success as a coach, and is not a problem, are out to lunch...

Reactions: canadianguy77

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

look with all due respect you got just about everything wrong in this post. Sully was celebreted on these pages for two years, got all kind of respects. His team had some bad games and bad plays last year, people start pointing out at some obvious shortcomings, obvious lack of transition game, some head scratching line settings and similar. This year he appears to double down on few of those thatamong other things results in Pens being the worst team in the East. When that happens, and you have Geno, Sid, Letnag on your roster...you may be doing something wrong. A few guys here say fire him but by and large majority of critics just pointing to those things hoping he would turn thing around. Soto answer your question: The guy had a tons of respect here that slowly is eroding and its individuals nature how long you want to believe that he will turn things around...and what we are watching now is no high octane offense that you are talking about...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
All that success went to his head. He wants to win his way and only his way. He needs to adapt the gameplan to the players he has. Also, he's got away from giving younger guys a chance which was refreshing when he first came in opposed to Mike Johnston.
I dont buy it. He has already won in two very different ways. He may be making wrong decisions, but I disagree about why.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

It probably has more to do with Bylsma than Johnston. Johnston was the one who truly inherited a mess, TBTH. But as far as HCMS, it's almost an exact repeat of the warning signs we saw with Bylsma, only this time folks are being more reactionary. Sid and Geno's window is closing and the organization has spent a lot of assets to stay in 'Win Now' mode. We have a finite period of time until we really do suck again. We don't have the time or the assets to waste at this point on loyalty to anyone other than Sid and Geno.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sullivan and JR have eroded the goodwill they rightfully built with back to back Cups faster than I could have ever imagined. I want to back these guys and I absolutely did without question last season even if I saw some things that worried me. I'm not giving up on them. But they HAVE to turn it around and they HAVE to start having a little introspection. This isn't all on underperforming players.

Also, side note... thanks for the Hanksgiving wishes. You guys are the best. And I'm a little drunk already. But you're still the best.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It probably has more to do with Bylsma than Johnston. Johnston was the one who truly inherited a mess, TBTH. But as far as HCMS, it's almost an exact repeat of the warning signs we saw with Bylsma, only this time folks are being more reactionary. Sid and Geno's window is closing and the organization has spent a lot of assets to stay in 'Win Now' mode. We have a finite period of time until we really do suck again. We don't have the time or the assets to waste at this point on loyalty to anyone other than Sid and Geno.

We very easily could still be a relevant team into Crosby and Malkin’s late 30s. That is six years.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

I'm with you. I'm pretty frustrated with Sully right now but there's a lot of stuff on here that has been over the top ridiculous. I'm just hoping we win a few games so people relax and quit spamming every thread with insults and the like. Hopefully we don't get flamed too bad for not following everyone off of the bridge. :laugh:

C'mon guys embrace positivity
iu

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
look with all due respect you got just about everything wrong in this post. Sully was celebreted on these pages for two years, got all kind of respects. His team had some bad games and bad plays last year, people start pointing out at some obvious shortcomings, obvious lack of transition game, some head scratching line settings and similar. This year he appears to double down on few of those thatamong other things results in Pens being the worst team in the East. When that happens, and you have Geno, Sid, Letnag on your roster...you may be doing something wrong. A few guys here say fire him but by and large majority of critics just pointing to those things hoping he would turn thing around. Soto answer your question: The guy had a tons of respect here that slowly is eroding and its individuals nature how long you want to believe that he will turn things around...and what we are watching now is no high octane offense that you are talking about...

Including the assertion that 7 wins against 10 losses is ".500".

What a fantastic league the NHL must be to defy mathematics and have only 4 teams (at this moment) under ".500" and 27 at or over ".500."

Last edited:

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Lots of rookies playing for the Sens, that could give the penguins fits.
Chabot is ready for a breakout game he has been quiet the past 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad