GDT: #18| New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | November 15th | 7:00 PM | F/W 7-5

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I do want Johnston in a game, 2 points in 3 games and is a big boy.

If it's Dal colle though, what are the lines?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
In fairness, I was just getting over the hatred I had for the Darcy Tucker-led Leafs so that was still festering. But overall, you're correct.

Sometimes - when the Rags aren't that objectionable as a team (there are no Theo Fleurys on this team really), I forget I'm supposed to hate them....but it comes back to me pretty quickly (especially when their fans are in our building). The Pats OTOH, with Brady and Bellichek there, I have no trouble remembering I hate them.

So yes....F' the Rags!

I mean, I don't obsess over any other team except for the Islanders. Sure I'm always happy to see the Rangers lose, but the hatred is not that big of a part of my Islanders fandom the way it is for others. But when the two teams play each other, it all comes back and how.

And yeah, I haven't liked the Leafs since 2002 either, but there's still no comparison as to how I feel about them versus the Rags and other divisional rivals.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Let's put Dal Colle in a position to succeed and put points on the board.

Bailey - Nelson - Lee
Eberle - Barzal - Dal Colle
Kuhnhackle - Flippula - Komorov
Johnston - Gionta - Clutterbuck

Man... our bottom 6 looks sooo ugly (I think I'm forgetting someone). If Trotz makes the playoffs with this team he should be a shoe-in for coach of the year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I do want Johnston in a game, 2 points in 3 games and is a big boy.

If it's Dal colle though, what are the lines?

My guess:

Lee Barzal Bailey
Dal Colle Nelson Eberle
Komarov Filppula Kuhnhackl
Beauvillier Gionta Clutterbuck

Dal Colle, I never thought I'd see the day. You have to cheer for him just from a human standpoint.

He played last year for a stretch.

Put Dal Colle with Barzy and Ebs. Put Johnston in and keep Gionta in the press box. He sucks.

Gionta is going to play for two reasons:

1) He can play center.

2) He's a Gionta and Lamoriello has a hard on for those guys.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Bailey - Nelson - Lee

Man... our bottom 6 looks sooo ugly (I think I'm forgetting someone). If Trotz makes the playoffs with this team he should be a shoe-in for coach of the year.

You're missing Beau, who I thought would've been a candidate to sit tonight with Mooseknuckle playing well and the possible need/want to have Johnston play. But then the injuries hit...

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Bailey - Nelson - Lee

You're missing Beauvillier and have a lot of guys on the wrong wing. :laugh:

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

Bailey - Nelson - Lee

*PDO of the year

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
My guess:

Lee Barzal Bailey
Dal Colle Nelson Eberle
Komarov Filppula Kuhnhackl
Beauvillier Gionta Clutterbuck

He played last year for a stretch.

Gionta is going to play for two reasons:

1) He can play center.

2) He's a Gionta and Lamoriello has a hard on for those guys.
I’d rather see Shitz over Gionta. He’s been done for 3 years now.

And he’s not missing Beau, because Beau has been missing :sarcasm:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Would have to think this implies Johnston in for Beauvillier, since Beauvillier and Gionta on the same line would get run over all night, and since Beauvillier has been struggling and Johnston getting a game against the rivals makes sense for the grit and what not.

Reactions: Jester9881

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Would have to think this implies Johnston in for Beauvillier, since Beauvillier and Gionta on the same line would get run over all night, and since Beauvillier has been struggling and Johnston getting a game against the rivals makes sense for the grit and what not.

I think that'd be a smart move. Get some more physicality down there on the bottom line that's banged up. Just don't get scored on.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Put Dal Colle on Barzy's wing. Barzal vs. the Rangers is automatic points for his wingers and would give MDC some confidence that hopefully he could run with.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Looks like Dal Colle might be in the press box. Didn't Bridgeport play last night? Could be a factor as to why. Plus, Johnston has been a good soldier and has waited for some ice time.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017

Seems Gionta and Johnston in and a tossup between Beau and MDC.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Staple inferring that Pelech is back in. Ummmmm why?????? Pelech should be out until the team loses a game at the very least. Sbisa did not make any mistakes in the last game, a 5-2 win, to deserve to be taken out.

Reactions: IslandersGER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad