GDT: #18| New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | November 15th | 7:00 PM | F/W 7-5

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Islanders' Matt Martin: Unavailable Thursday

Martin (upper body) will not be in action against the Rangers on Thursday, Andrew Gross of Newsday reports.
Martin will miss his sixth straight game due to his upper-body issue. Despite averaging just 9:53 of ice time, the winger has tallied four points in 11 outings and was providing decent depth scoring prior to getting hurt. With Martin out and Andrew Ladd (leg) and Casey Cizikas (undisclosed) both questionable, the Isles may need to call up a player or two from the minors.

While practicing marked progress for Martin, Barry Trotz ruled the Isles winger out of Thursday's game against the New York Rangers.

New York Islanders✔@NYIslanders

#Isles lines today in practice drills:

Lee-Barzal-Bailey
Kuhnhackl-Nelson-Eberle
Beauvillier-Filppula-Komarov
Johnston-Clutterbuck-Martin

What happened to Casey?

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
The Rags are at our level, so it's not as easy to hate them as much as years past. My hatred has shifted more towards the Leafs for the time being because of the circumstances, but the hate for the Rags will always be there.

Reactions: Quicklime

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I don’t. **** the Leafs.

F that!

I don't know why but I don't even hate the Rangers that much anymore. Maybe because it's been a pleasure playing them over the last few years. That effectively shut their fans up too.

I was born in the hate, molded by it! Those red diagonal letters make me want to puke.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Everyone hates the Leafs ad it's mostly because of their fanbase..

We MUST hate the Ranjerks..plain and simple!

Back to the Isles...I think Ladd is gonna go on IR...he looked real hurt

Clutter is centre now? Why don't they play Beau there?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I just don’t really hate any of their guys, that makes it hard.

I think lundqvist and Zuccarello are cry babies..Vesey has a bitch face.. Kreider is overrated but that’s the fan bases fault. I actually don’t like Kreider because of the goalies he runs but I wouldn’t say hate.

I like McQuaid, McLeod, de Angelo, Pionk.

Need someone to rile it up

Hopefully Clutter and Komarov ramp it up

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
So cizikas and Ladd possibly out.

Just call someone up. Slot JHS or MDC on the 2nd line, move Beau down.

Inject some skill.

NYR are playing well, been catching a few of their games. No easy matches.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Are you doing a Bane thing? I'm pretty sure it's a Bane thing...
LxcUbNT.gif

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
NYR find ways to win and they usually play hard for the rival games.

Another 25 min effort and the Rags come away w 2.

no doubt the raggies are playing hard and the queen is on her game. Going to be a tough 2 points, their PP is humming along so the Isles need to play all of 60 and play smart, no cute plays at either blue line please and greiss or Lehner need to match the queen because she will be ready to play tonight.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Won’t be an easy 2 points. Unfortunately rags playing well lately.

LGI

Beat these sallys silly

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I would think I’d the Casey injury was serious, someone would have been called up for practice yesterday. Especially considering BP played. I’m guessing Casey plays and Ross is in for Ladd.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Scorned lover syndrome is the reason for hating the Leafs more. Sorry, but I find it pathetic.

Sure, f the Leafs, but f the Rangers with a splintery broom-handle.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Scorned lover syndrome is the reason for hating the Leafs more. Sorry, but I find it pathetic.

Sure, f the Leafs, but f the Rangers with a splintery broom-handle.
In fairness, I was just getting over the hatred I had for the Darcy Tucker-led Leafs so that was still festering. But overall, you're correct.

Sometimes - when the Rags aren't that objectionable as a team (there are no Theo Fleurys on this team really), I forget I'm supposed to hate them....but it comes back to me pretty quickly (especially when their fans are in our building). The Pats OTOH, with Brady and Bellichek there, I have no trouble remembering I hate them.

So yes....F' the Rags!

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I don't hate the Leafs. While the rivalry was fun 16-17 years ago I found myself actually rooting for them recently. Thought it would be neat to see them win it all. I still hope they do... The year after Tavares retires. :)

Who's in goal tonight?

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
So cizikas and Ladd possibly out.

Just call someone up. Slot JHS or MDC on the 2nd line, move Beau down.

Inject some skill.

NYR are playing well, been catching a few of their games. No easy matches.

There are no easy games in the NHL except maybe the Kings. The next five games will be the "easiest" stretch we have the rest of the year, several mediocre teams like the Islanders and played here mostly. We need all of them or at least most of them. A playoff caliber team would take eight points.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad