Post-Game Talk: 18 March 2014: Rangers @ Spartacus

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Is St. Louis just hustling before the playoffs or something?

We should really take notice of MSL play here. Nobody can blame his game here in relation to his game in Tampa on age etc. Not even on Stamkos.

Hockey is a team game. If there is anything NYR has a problem figuring out, its that. All the way from the top to the bottom of the org. Nobody does anything by themselves in the NHL. Just because you do one thing in Tampa with ****** linemates, there is no guarantee that you can do it anywhere else. You must look much much much deeper than that.

Its the same with Nash and Richards. They are what they are, and both should get some blame and some praise. But what can we like expect from Nash when he plays on a line with little chemistry? In a non-scoring environment? I mean, look at what we get from MSL in the same environment. MSL has 3 pts in 8 games here, unless he can develop a real high scoring environement here (which I think is hard without any scoring Ds, a bit struggling structure etc), he will level out as a 60 pts player. More or less. Art Ross for one team built around him and where he has great chemistry with everyone, 60 pts for another team. Thats hockey.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I just can't see how it isn't McDonagh at this point.

Before Olympics I'd argue for Zucc, post Olympics I feel that McDonagh has more than sealed the deal.

He is 17 points ahead of G and 24 ahead of Moore. He scores goals and has done his fair share of bailing out this team during the season, including some heroics.

Marc Staal has 11 points, what the hell is going on with his offensive game

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Glad we won but nothing appears to be fixed.

-Nash was invisible outside the shorty that should have been stopped.
-St. Louis is still goalless and appears snakebitten
-Hank was just good enough to be better than Robin friggin Lehner
-Richards was, well ok I guess

We got lucky against a team we shouldn't have even fallen behind. We won't have this kind of luck moving foward and certainly not in the playoffs if we make it.

Disagree with most of this and I am particularly perplexed by your feeling that the goalie should have had Nash's goal.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I thought Hank was really good. The 4 goals against don't show the true story there.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Not quite certain how not having enough money for DVR makes someone deserve having the outcome of a game ruined for them...

Not sure how as a network you're supposed to not congratulate Hank because a few viewers didn't watch live.

In today's day and age it's impossible to please everyone... lower crawls with results, DVRs, twitter... you can't make everyone happy, but the information is everywhere and if you're not displaying as a network you're doing yourself and the majority of your viewers a disservice.

It happens all the time, and a lot of those who watch replays or tape delays get mad but it is what it is.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
4177e1eef8bac1698be71654fdb76518e6c652f41f8e9f2f839cb1bde73b38e7.jpg

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Not sure how as a network you're supposed to not congratulate Hank because a few viewers didn't watch live.

In today's day and age it's impossible to please everyone... lower crawls with results, DVRs, twitter... you can't make everyone happy, but the information is everywhere and if you're not displaying as a network you're doing yourself and the majority of your viewers a disservice.

It happens all the time, and a lot of those who watch replays or tape delays get mad but it is what it is.

oh no I agree, but just cause you don't have DVR its not that you deserve to have it spoiled... is it inevitable? yea but not deserving

Edit: and if we want to be technical they could eliminate the bottom score crawl for the Rangers in 60 incase you want to catch up quick. Its almost as annoying as when you watch an On Demand show and in the commercials for On Demand they have a promo for the following weeks show

Wolfy*

Very mediocre game by us. Thank God Ottawas goaltending sucks.

Yeah was the worst I've ever seen, they really got a problem there.

But Hank allowed 4 goals and still won, AV couldn't stop laughing, what a weird game.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Anyone else think Jonny moore has been playing better since the MDZ trade?

absolutely. Klein has been total money too at this point. I haven't found ONE thing I despise about him, and the only real complaint towards him would be the fact that he isn't a fast skater (didn't say a BAD skater, because he can stay on his feet prety sturdily)

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Moore has been playing well but truthfully, I think i still rather have DZ over klein from the way things are looking. Even with him missing the net 12 billion times a game his offensive presence on D helps this team alot. Thus far klein hasn't been any sort of juggernaut on D either.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Moore has been playing well but truthfully, I think i still rather have DZ over klein from the way things are looking. Even with him missing the net 12 billion times a game his offensive presence on D helps this team alot. Thus far klein hasn't been any sort of juggernaut on D either.

Yeah, while Moore has looked better I think I'd rather have MDZ over him. MDZ-Klein would be a solid pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad