Post-Game Talk: #18 Leafs @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What's the difference between dCorsi and iCorsi?

dCorsi is a complicated algorithm that attempts to compensate for outside factors such as role, usage, teammates, competition etc.

iCorsi is just individual corsi, or shot attempts the player himself took. If Hayes is on for 10 Rangers shot attempts and he takes 5 of them, his Corsi for is 10 and his iCorsi for is 5.

They sound like they go together but they're two completely different things.

BarbaraAlphanse

iCorsi is just how many attempts a player takes lol

dCorsi is a whole adjustment algorithm to measure a player's possession impact against their role.

Not the thread, but I still don't know how much weight I'd put into many of these advanced statistics. I'd be more inclined to value their existence if there wasn't such variance and disparity in score keeping from game to game.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Hayes doesn't surprise you? I think it's quite a leap from not shooting much at all to shooting more than almost everyone on the team.

And #1 is Nash.

He started to shoot more as the season progressed last year and his line is the only line that seems to throw pucks at the net with any regularity.

I do feel thats more reflective on the other forwards though. As this team starts to play games that are closer (and it will happen), we'll probably see things shift around.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I find it annoying that they have added more of those digitally-placed ads over the glass on the far side glass.... Enough is enough... What's next - line the entire length of the glass with advertisements?
What's next is advertisements on uniforms, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad