Post-Game Talk: #18 | FLYERS (A) vs. Sabres (H) | Sun., Feb. 28, 2021 | Flyers win 3-0 (make team history)

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Eichel playing like a passenger is not a good look for a captain/franchise player. He looked like he's given up on his teammates.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With all the talent that Buffalo team has, they should be doing a lot better. Underachieve and some of their top players are invisible.
quite frankly, i don't think they have the talent. of course eichel and hall are coming up short, but staal is an old man and i always thought skinner was overrated. And I don't know if they have a single defenseman that's worth a shit. Jokiharju might be ok.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Kruger not pulling his goalie in the waning minutes of either game this weekend is the hockey equivalent of kicking a field goal at the 1 yard line.

Some moves you don’t need a lot of hindsight to figure out. A mess of a team for a decade hires a 60 year old head coach, with 48 total games of NHL experience for a dumpster fire Oilers team, who was lash employed for 5 years in a soccer league.

I’m all for outside the box, but that always looked like a galaxy brain hire for a team desperately needing stability and known commodities. I actually despise that franchise because of the assets they have and are squandering. And will squander.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
The doom-and-gloom posters should realize that things can be much worse.Imagine being a Buffalo fan.Great to see Hart get the SO.Couts and JVR continue to rack up the points.I wonder how many Couts would have if he didn’t get injured earlier this year

Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Some moves you don’t need a lot of hindsight to figure out. A mess of a team for a decade hires a 60 year old head coach, with 48 total games of NHL experience for a dumpster fire Oilers team, who was lash employed for 5 years in a soccer league.

I’m all for outside the box, but that always looked like a galaxy brain hire. Maybe the Sabres could use a known commodity? I actually hate that franchise because of the assets they have and are squandering.

There is a difference between "outside the box" and "outside of sanity"

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
quite frankly, i don't think they have the talent. of course eichel and hall are coming up short, but staal is an old man and i always thought skinner was overrated. And I don't know if they have a single defenseman that's worth a shit. Jokiharju might be ok.
Dahlin was a number 1 overall pick who's a career -36, widely considered an eventual game changing defenseman

Reactions: BillDineen

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The doom-and-gloom posters should realize that things can be much worse.Imagine being a Buffalo fan.Great to see Hart get the SO.Couts and JVR continue to rack up the points.I wonder how many Couts would have if he didn’t get injured earlier this year

"At least we aren't Buffalo" is a pretty low standard.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
That they'd given up makes it worse, though.
Not really. Hate him all you want, that's intelligent coaching.

No event hockey, get the SO, 2 points and out of the rink. There is nothing to be gained from running up the score and giving them a reason to run around the ice, or for when these teams meet again. That's almost a perfect period for the coaches. The game was over 10 minutes into the 2nd period.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad