GDT: #18 | FLYERS (A) vs. Sabres (H) | Sun., Feb. 28, 2021 | 3:00 pm ET | ESPN+, SN, MSG-B, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
ghost always "had it" people..hes just now playing with confidence and isn't bothered by injuries.

oh and hopefully AV gives him more leeway on his risky game. LFGF

No, Ghost has never looked the same as he did his rookie season. Doesn't have the same explosive burst and agility.
However, he looks better than he has for two seasons, but don't expect a repeat of 2017-18.
HCs study film, after the Pens forechecked him to death in the playoffs other teams followed suit.
So something between 2017-18 and 2018-19 is probably his ceiling, which is fine.
His highest use is PP1 and weighted toward O-zone starts, while he's not a bad defender, he's always going to struggle a bit with physical forechecks.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
ghost always "had it" people..hes just now playing with confidence and isn't bothered by injuries.

It's almost night and day watching him play. He's lost a step, but he's now balanced his muscle groups in his legs again and you can see the freedom It's given him.

There's nothing worse than trying to recover from a single leg issue. It takes months and months to put everything as it should, some never get it right.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Philippe Myers was a healthy scratch and the Flyers pitched a shutout. Once again, they have good decisions to make on the back end.

When Braun's healthy, he's an everyday guy.

tenor.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Technically AV has little reason to make many adjustments and so Buffalo's staff can make a gameplan based on what we did yesterday and come out strong, but watching their coaching staff do nothing to change as their blueline pressure in the o-zone kept resulting in breakaways and odd mans and prime chances against and goals...not thinking it's guaranteed they'll do that.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I know he is eligible but are we actually expecting Konecny back?

I seem to recall seeing the Flyers add Konecny to the list on a Sunday night. Now, if 14 days includes a precise hour, the point is moot. As of now, we will have to wait to see if he passes the daily test and await the time period sidelined.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
I really liked the retro uniforms the Wild and the Kings wore.
Saying this I am also proud there never have been major changes to the Flyers‘ uniforms. Apart from introducing third jerseys that is, which was kind of necessary I guess (and well done).

Yeah, it was nice that our ''retro jerseys'' are pretty much just slight change of color specifics as the logo is unchanged and colors have always been orange-black-white.

Reactions: marcsson68

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He’s been the same player since 2017-2018, but lots of people just don’t understand (or actively ignore) the impact of being buried, stuck with trash and getting little icetime. The only difference is the narrative and results.

And he’s still being screwed over too, thanks to Therrien’s PP and AVs system. We could still get more out of him.

Reactions: flyerslducks

patrick kitchin

Feb 26, 2018
My question is how is Buffalo so bad? Haven't they had a ridiculous account of top ten picks in past five years or so?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My question is how is Buffalo so bad? Haven't they had a ridiculous account of top ten picks in past five years or so?

Terry Pegula.

Also, missing on Top 10 picks in back to back years will slow down a rebuild. Mittelstadt and Nylander went 8th overall back to back years.

They need a scouting staff overhaul.

Reactions: ellja3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad