GDT: #18 | FLYERS (A) vs. Sabres (H) | Sun., Feb. 28, 2021 | 3:00 pm ET | ESPN+, SN, MSG-B, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
BUFFALO SABRES (6-9-3) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (10-4-3)
CLfqg9o.png
th

1200x0.jpg
BROADCAST INFORMATION
TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
TeamGPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%
Sabres186-9-3152-5-24-3-1445532.878.652.9
Flyers1710-4-3236-2-24-2-1585419.771.751.8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

images
Possible Lineup
Lines
25 James van Riemsdyk - 14 Sean Couturier - 86 Joel Farabee
28 Claude Giroux - 13 Kevin Hayes - 19 Nolan Patrick
23 Oskar Lindblom - 21 Scott Laughton - 93 Jake Voracek
12 Michael Raffl - 82 Connor Bunnaman - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
6 Travis Sanheim -- 61 Justin Braun
8 Robert Hägg -
5 Phil Myers
Goalies
79 Carter Hart (starter)
37 Brian Elliott

Power Plays
PP1: Kevin Hayes, Joel Farabee, James van Riemsdyk, Sean Couturier, Shayne Gostisbehere
PP2: Claude Giroux, Jake Voracek, Nolan Patrick, Travis Sanheim, Ivan Provorov

Injuries and Scratches
11 Travis Konecny (virus protocol, February 14) is eligible to be activated Sunday.
48 Morgan Frost (injured list) underwent surgery for a dislocated left shoulder and could miss the remainder of the regular season. He was injured Jan.19. He exited virus protocol Feb. 19.
56 Erik Gustafsson (healthy) could be scratched as part of the rotation of defensemen.

Taxi Squad (subject to daily changes)
Forwards

10 Andy Andreoff
55 Sam Morin
81 Carsen Twarynski
Defensemen
39 Nate Prosser
Goalies
34 Alex Lyon
BUFFALO SABRES
CLfqg9o.png
Possible Lineup
Lines

68 Victor Olofsson -- 9 Jack Eichel -- 23 Sam Reinhart
4 Taylor Hall --
12 Eric Staal -- 21 Kyle Okposo
37 Casey Mittelstadt -- 20 Cody Eakin -- 13 Tobias Rieder
53 Jeff Skinner -- 27 Curtis Lazar --15 Riley Sheahan
Pairings
26 Rasmus Dahlin -- 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
10 Henri Jokiharju -- 44 Matt Irwin
88 Brandon Davidson -- 62 Brandon Montour
Goalies
34 Jonas Johansson (starter)
40 Carter Hutton
Power plays
PP1: Sam Reinhart, Taylor Hall, Tobias Rieder, Victor Olofsson, Rasmus Dahlin
PP2: Casey Mittelstadt, Kyle Okposo, Eric Staal, Jeff Skinner, Rasmus Ristolainen

Injuries and Scratches

3 William Borgen (IR) has a fractured right forearm and could miss 6-8 weeks from Feb. 23.
19 Jake McCabe (IR) has a right knee injury and will miss the rest of the regular season.
24 Dylan Cozens (healthy) could be scratched as a spare forward.

28 Zemgus Girgensons (IR) had hamstring surgery and could miss the entire season.
33 Colin Miller (healthy) will be scratched as a spare defenseman.
35 Linus Ullmark (IR) has a lower body injury suffered Thursday night and could miss a month minimum.

72 Tage Thompson (healthy) could be scratched as a spare forward.
FROM THE PAST
2011 Game 7 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Flyers win 5-2

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"I Don't Need No Doctor" by WASP

FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE (subject to changes...and more changes)
OIP.r282owZQWcVDMVGEVwDVXAHaEK

Date OpponentTime (ET)Television
Tuesday, 3/2at Pittsburgh7:00 pmNBCSN, SNE, SNO, SNW, ATTSN-PT, NBCSP
Thursday, 3/4at Pittsburgh7:00 pmSN360, SNE, SNO, SNP, ATTSN-PT, NBCSP
Saturday, 3/6at Pittsburgh1:00 pmTVAS, ATTSN-PT, NBCSP
Sunday, 3/7vs. Washington7:00 pmNBCSP, NBCSWA
Tuesday, 3/9vs. Buffalo7:00 pmNBCSP, MSG-B
Thursday, 3/11vs. Washington7:00 pmNBCSP, NBCSWA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Do you realize that at the time of that game 7 in 2011 the Flyers had the 3rd best all time record in NHL history and the Sabres were 4th? I was at the game 5, which was the last Sabres playoff win.

Is that accurate? The Flyers are third now if Vegas is included but I don't recall Boston passing them into second place based on winning percentage. I could be wrong. I am not as sure about Buffalo.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Do you realize that at the time of that game 7 in 2011 the Flyers had the 3rd best all time record in NHL history and the Sabres were 4th? I was at the game 5, which was the last Sabres playoff win.
Ah, the famous Head Tap game! Both teams were just gassed, worn down from the length of the season. The final score looks convincing, but it took them forever to finally break through and the Flyers were actually somewhat unlucky that day -- with just a few extra bounces they could have scored ten or eleven goals. Or at least that's how it felt at the time! Interested to see if my current set of eyes agree.

God DAMN it's nice to watch a playoff game full of fans! Versus (ha!) actually mic'ed that one reasonably well -- not to the standards of Canadian broadcasting, but enough to keep the great ambience.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Is that accurate? The Flyers are third now if Vegas is included but I don't recall Boston passing them into second place based on winning percentage. I could be wrong. I am not as sure about Buffalo.
You are correct, Flyers were 2nd. Sabres were 4th at that time and may have been 3rd at one point but I'm not 100% sure. Until that time it was very rare for either team to have a bad season but then we imploded in historic fashion.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
If Eichel plays, I don't have a good feeling about this being a slam dunk win. The rest of the Sabres are trash, don't get me wrong, but I imagine getting their star back in the lineup will energize the others in to playing harder than they did today.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I know he is eligible but are we actually expecting Konecny back?

He was invisible, so he'll probably be a healthy scratch.

In all honesty though, I doubt it. Game is in Buffalo, and if I understand things correctly, he couldn't travel while under protocol. I don't know if he could clear protocol and make it to Buffalo for the game.

Reactions: Flukeshot

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
TK isn't needed (desired yes), the 4th line was fine, and his return means demoting either Laughton or Patrick to the 4th line.

With 6 games in 9 days, does AV rest one of the "real" D-men and play Hagg again?

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
If Eichel plays, I don't have a good feeling about this being a slam dunk win. The rest of the Sabres are trash, don't get me wrong, but I imagine getting their star back in the lineup will energize the others in to playing harder than they did today.

This. And actually, even if he's back, I'm a bit worried. It's not easy to go out there and focus after such one-sided game. Source: few embarrassing struggles in Elite floorball league I was playing in before pandemic hit it.

/checks beer reserves/ /15 bottles/ /should be fine/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad